Is it worthwile to camp vs. restort?

A couple of years ago the pool at FW was closed for renovations. We were told we could use the pool at WL or the Contempory when we checked in...

Jeff

A couple of years ago the pool at FW was closed for renovations. We were told we could use the pool at WL or the Contempory when we checked in...

Jeff

In a situation where the pool is closed I can see them making arrangements for the guests to use another pool but not when the pool is open and functioning just because the pools at FW are boring and plain doesn't allow for the guests to use any pool on property.

The pools are very nice plus you can take the boat over to Fort Wilderness Lodge and use the pool over there which is much more a resort pool with waterfalls. Also you need to make reservations now FOrt Wilderness fills up fast I have already booked for next Novemeber and next spring 2008 which is just about full for next spring.

If we stay in a cabin we can visit WL by boat to use their themed pool by boat? Our ONE concern about renting the cabin was that our daughter would be disappointed without a big water sliding disneyesque pool.

Also, we just booked for Nov 2007 but did not pay a deposit yet. It came to around 293 per night with tax including our AAA discount. I got the quote through a reputable disney agent I found through these boards and didn't realize that translated into an actual reservation. We haven't booked packages with dining plan yet. Does that rate sound about right for Nov. 3 or should we/can we shop around?

Thanks.

No, you are not allowed to use the WL pool...even if you stay in the cabins..and pay the price of a Deluxe resort. $300.00 at night is what you might pay at the WL depending on the time of year..you may want to check the rates there, if you will miss having a themed pool. Of course they only accomodate 4...5 if someone is under 3 years of age.
You can check the Disney site for the rates at that time of year..or ask your AAA agent. Very often there are discount codes made available to the public to reduce your rate..be it at the campground or the resorts.
This is my biggest complaint about the cabins..is that they charge the rate of a deluxe resort..yet don't offer the amenties(the themed slide pool) that a deluxe resort would have. We know people who have stayed in them that didn't realize that until they were there..and weren't very happy, that Disney sells them as a "home away from home" type of resort..only to find they aren't Vacation Club accomodations..but campground accomodations. I've stayed in them..they are nice..but they aren't as close to the many amenities that the campground offers. I would reccomend renting a golf cart. Which..again is an added expense.

If we stay in a cabin we can visit WL by boat to use their themed pool by boat? Our ONE concern about renting the cabin was that our daughter would be disappointed without a big water sliding disneyesque pool.
Also, we just booked for Nov 2007 but did not pay a deposit yet. It came to around 293 per night with tax including our AAA discount. I got the quote through a reputable disney agent I found through these boards and didn't realize that translated into an actual reservation. We haven't booked packages with dining plan yet. Does that rate sound about right for Nov. 3 or should we/can we shop around?

Thanks.

No not even staying in a cabin can you use the pool at WL the pools at WL are for the WL guests and DVC members not for any guest at Disney wanting to use another pool. Pool hopping is prohibited at Disney unless as I said earlier you are a DVC member staying on points in a DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter