Is Jambo House open?

OffToDWD

DIS Veteran
Is Jambo House open now? I've read that Jambo is closed but Jambo is available for booking so just a bit confused... Thanks!

Where are folks staying at Jambo getting their food? Is there any quick-service available at Kidani?

We aren't going until the end of October so hopefully, things will be changing by then, but given the course that Florida is on, I am not super-optimistic. We have 3 nights in a value studio followed by 3 nights in a standard 1BR at Kidani. It sure would be nice to get one of those "magical" upgrades and end up in the 1BR at Kidani for the whole trip, but I am certainly not going to be upset if that doesn't happen.

Where are folks staying at Jambo getting their food? Is there any quick-service available at Kidani?

We aren't going until the end of October so hopefully, things will be changing by then, but given the course that Florida is on, I am not super-optimistic. We have 3 nights in a value studio followed by 3 nights in a standard 1BR at Kidani. It sure would be nice to get one of those "magical" upgrades and end up in the 1BR at Kidani for the whole trip, but I am certainly not going to be upset if that doesn't happen.
The only things open are Sanaa, pool bar, and whatever you can get in the Kidani gift shop. Sanaa has limited quick service breakfast and th pool bar has like 3 things. To say I'm nervous about our September Kidani stay is an understatement. We also have December Jambo reservations. We're thinking about having a car rental so we can go somewhere to eat.

The only things open are Sanaa, pool bar, and whatever you can get in the Kidani gift shop. Sanaa has limited quick service breakfast and th pool bar has like 3 things. To say I'm nervous about our September Kidani stay is an understatement. We also have December Jambo reservations. We're thinking about having a car rental so we can go somewhere to eat.
Its a good idea to get a car. The park buses are only allow to take 15 people max because of covid. People are reporting long waits to get on buses.

We're here now. We picked up some stuff at Publix and also had an Amazon Fresh delivery. We typically have breakfast in the room, do one meal take out (depending on when we are visiting the parks) and another meal in the room each day. There are tons of take out options w/ curbside pickup on 192 that are just minutes away. We picked up a couple of pizzas from Giordanos today and they are huge and will last us at least one more night.

We're here now. We picked up some stuff at Publix and also had an Amazon Fresh delivery. We typically have breakfast in the room, do one meal take out (depending on when we are visiting the parks) and another meal in the room each day. There are tons of take out options w/ curbside pickup on 192 that are just minutes away. We picked up a couple of pizzas from Giordanos today and they are huge and will last us at least one more night.
Are the cultural representatives there? Are they having any of their bead activities or is it all shutdown right now?

Are the cultural representatives there? Are they having any of their bead activities or is it all shutdown right now?
I'm not sure if the cultural reps are here and we haven't seen any of the bead activities. It is very quiet right now. The only activities we've seen have been the pool activities that run from ~ 2 until 6. We were at the pool for several hours yesterday and there were only a couple of other families. At one point there were four lifeguards for nine guests.

No, cultural representatives now. I didn’t see any staff at Jambo outside of the pool and housekeeping in the halls. We went by Kidani and I was talking with a CM there who told me she was new there and only started because Disney lost all the cultural representatives due to the COVID situation. We didn’t notice any activities at all but may have missed them.

So, if someone books Jambo House (DVC), then they're not being relocated to Kidani? DVC owners on the top floors are the only occupants at Jambo House?

Is the conventional wisdom that the restaurants and gift shop at Jambo won't reopen until the main resort opens for cash guests? I didn't see AKL at all on the list of resort reopening dates. Any projected timeline for that yet?

We were at Kidani from 8/3-8/8, no cultural reps, but there was an "animal" CM in the lobby with a cart with an animal skull, etc to talk to...we didn't talk with her, just saw the cart there a couple days as we passed through. Didn't go to it, but community hall is open 9-7. Capacity is limited.

So, if someone books Jambo House (DVC), then they're not being relocated to Kidani? DVC owners on the top floors are the only occupants at Jambo House?

Is the conventional wisdom that the restaurants and gift shop at Jambo won't reopen until the main resort opens for cash guests? I didn't see AKL at all on the list of resort reopening dates. Any projected timeline for that yet?

That seems To be the current plan and AKL is not yet scheduled to open anytime soon.

IMO, they opened up the DVC rooms because they got a lot of complaints and/or Kidani was too full to move people.

But, I don’t see Disney opening more there when they have delayed other deluxe resort openings that had been given a date.

5th floor. Not sure if they have guests on the 6th floor. For the points per night, the 6th floor isn't worth it now without the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter