Is mannheim steamroller usually announced closer to holidays?

shh

DIS Veteran
Just received an email from Universal yesterday announcing holiday 2019 events and was a little surprised that there was no mention of mannheim steamroller. I can't remember from past years: does UO usually announce their appearance closer to summer/fall, after contracts are signed or was 2018 the last year this concert would be offered?

Just received an email from Universal yesterday announcing holiday 2019 events and was a little surprised that there was no mention of mannheim steamroller. I can't remember from past years: does UO usually announce their appearance closer to summer/fall, after contracts are signed or was 2018 the last year this concert would be offered?

Universal is often very late announcing concert information. I looked at old posts, I had posted Oct 13 last year that the dates were not yet announced. So, I don't think you can infer anything yet about it. The first post I saw that listed the concert dates last year was on Nov. 2.

Last edited:
Universal is often very late announcing concert information. I looked at old posts, I had posted Oct 13 last year that the dates were not yet announced. So, I don't think you can infer anything yet about it. The first post I saw that listed the concert dates last year was on Nov. 2.

Thanks. Fingers crossed they return. Saw them for the first time last year - the main reason I stuck w/higher APs this year vs downgrading to seasonal - just to make sure we had concert admission.

Seems like they were really late in announcing the dates last year. Seeing them has become a bit of a tradition for us.

Reactions: shh

I just saw an announcement for universal holidays 2019. It stated the dates this year are November 16th through January 5th. It gave no specific dates for them but said Mannheim was returning.

Reactions: shh
I just saw an announcement for universal holidays 2019. It stated the dates this year are November 16th through January 5th. It gave no specific dates for them but said Mannheim was returning.

woo hoo....here's hoping.

Concert Dates are Saturday and Sundays
Nov. 16, 17, 23, 24 and 30
Dec. 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15

This is from the official site. Resurrected this thread to ask a follow up or two. What time of day do these concerts typically take place? What type of venue do they use and is there seating? TIA

What time of day do these concerts typically take place? What type of venue do they use and is there seating? TIA

They usually happen at or close to park close. They are on the stage between the Minions and Jimmy Fallon rides. There is no seating although when we went, the entire audience was on seated on the ground (i.e. it isn't standing room only). We arrived right before the concert started the weekend before Christmas two years ago and were able to get spot of ground near the back quite easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter