Is Marvel focusing on Miles Morales's Spider-Man character now?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
In Marvel now whenever they mention Spider-Man I've noticed that the Miles Morales version is getting more attention than the original Peter Parker version of Spider-Man and I have never figured it out. Is It because Miles Morales is trying to replace Peter Parker's Spider-Man as the top superhero now? Because I have seen Miles Morales being featured more on Marvel merchandise and is featured on video games and toys and his character is one of the characters on Spidey And His Amazing Friends. Does Marvel plan to make Miles Morales a superstar hero and it shocks me also that there will also be a Miles Morales movie released in 2024. I think Marvel is trying to attract the younger audience by having characters like Ms. Marvel and now with Miles Morales it shows that they will keep trying to introduce teen characters for the new generation of Marvel fans

Miles was originally an alternate-universe character - a kid who took over for Peter Parker when he was dying. The "Ultimate" universe was folded into the regular Marvel Universe in the comics and the character came through - both still exist but Peter is still the "main" one. They probably are focusing on Miles becasue of the Spider-Verse sequel that is coming out soon. The first movie was really popular. Also, Sony controls the rights on that movie as opposed to sharing the live-action Spider-Man with Marvel Studios, so they will want to push that. Sony also makes the video game.

In my mind, I do wish Miles had his own identity and code-name instead of riding on the coat-tails of another. The writers tend to think of the name "Spider-Man" as a rank, and that the character is more "important" if he is Spider-Man, but I actually think it diminishes both characters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter