Is MVMCP worth it?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I realize this is totally subjective of course, but for you and your family, was it worth the cost? It would basically be $300 for my children and I to attend.

Also, do you have to have a ticket as well, or is the $89 you pay your ticket to get in? Basically, if I have 4 day passes, would I have to use 1 of my days to attend the party?

Like you said, it depends. I love MNSSHP but felt MVMCP was just meh. The reason is I love the Halloween parade & fireworks. I felt the Christmas fireworks & parade were just generic holiday. But that’s totally subjective. I don’t do character meet & greets so can’t comment on that. I wouldn’t go & expect lower crowds. Some parties are just as crowded as park days w/o the advantage of FP, but wait times usually get to a minimum the later the night goes on. As far as your ticket, you can get in at 4pm w/ just a party ticket.

If you're buying a four-day ticket I would just stick with that. I think you would have enough to do in parks. There's a lot of holiday stuff without the party, the stuff at DHS, the castle lighting and just the decorations

We did one less park day and the MVMCP ticket. We loved it and were there the first night for a sold out party. We did plenty of rides and saw the parade and fireworks. I found it well worth it.

I'm never going again, but it would be a repeat for me. They sell too many tickets now and there are too many people there. If you go wanting to experience the holiday festiveness and aren't expecting lower crowds and shorter lines, you will enjoy it.

Mostly we want to go for the atmosphere and shows. Some rides for sure but they won't be the main focus.

Wasn't worth it for us, so we are a one and done family on that. Sure the MK is always fun, but we like a regular ticket better than the party. It was crowded. Only the last hour had short lines for rides. Even the second parade was packed with people. There are some special characters that you don't always see if you are into that, but lines were pretty healthy for the character meet and greets too. The free cookies were meh. // I realize this is a Disney forum but for a great Christmas event, our pick is SeaWorld with all their great decorations and Christmas shows.

We loved sleeping in, exploring the monorail resorts, having a late lunch, and then getting into the park at 4 for the party with only our MVMCP ticket! But we like special parades and fireworks as well as meeting rare characters. If you don't care about these, I don't think it's worth it just to do rides

We loved sleeping in, exploring the monorail resorts, having a late lunch, and then getting into the park at 4 for the party with only our MVMCP ticket! But we like special parades and fireworks as well as meeting rare characters. If you don't care about these, I don't think it's worth it just to do rides

Those are the things we want! My son is a huge Jack Skellington fan, so to mwet him would be phenomenal in his eyes.

You will get all kinds of answers on this one. Pretty much divided opinions right down the middle. I can only speak from my own experience. My family loves the Christmas party. Yes, it is expensive. No denying that. But for my family, it is worth it and one of my favorite parts of our trip. We go to WDW every 2 years and include this each time we go. Trying to save a little money last trip, I considered not doing it, but just couldn't do it! I was so sad thinking we wouldn't have the experience. I've been to sold out parties and not, and have seen no difference between the two. Yes, it is crowded in the hub, in front if the castle, on main street, etc...people are everywhere as they always are in MK, but lines are non existent for rides after 7 pm on everything except Mine Train and Peter Pan. And they are usually around 30 minutes. Rides with no waits are a big part of the draw for my family, along with the festive atmosphere, festive treats, Christmas parade and fireworks. We see a few characters but really the characters and shows are not what we like best. It's a tough call to know whether to do it or not, for the first time. Maybe give it a try!!

Those are the things we want! My son is a huge Jack Skellington fan, so to mwet him would be phenomenal in his eyes.

Well, that's a good enough reason to give it a try - it's the only way to meet Jack Skellington. I met Jack a few years ago and he was really one of the best character interactions i've ever had. I will say this, the last party I went to was a Halloween party back in 2015 and was the first time I left MK feeling somewhat annoyed because it felt so overcrowded and it had rained off and on all night (that part isn't Disney's fault, obviously, but still) but i've always enjoyed the parties in the past and will probably do it again because all things considered they are fun and the parades are usually Disney's best. I'd always tell someone to at least try it once if you have the money in the budget.

Was worth it the one time just to have the experience, but we're not likely to do it again. Two years ago it was much more crowded than we expected, and I've only heard that it's more so today. You do get some exclusive characters, but those lines will eat up an awful lot of your party time. The parade was good, fireworks great. Shows were OK, but the crowds were the thing that made it a less than enjoyable experience.

Was worth it the one time just to have the experience, but we're not likely to do it again. Two years ago it was much more crowded than we expected, and I've only heard that it's more so today. You do get some exclusive characters, but those lines will eat up an awful lot of your party time. The parade was good, fireworks great. Shows were OK, but the crowds were the thing that made it a less than enjoyable experience.

I wonder how it would compare to summer crowds/level 9? We were in the parks July 1st leading up to 4th, that was definitely crowded.

I wonder how it would compare to summer crowds/level 9? We were in the parks July 1st leading up to 4th, that was definitely crowded.
From personal experience, I couldn't say. We were there late June/early July 2016 for four days and I'd say it was comparable. I don't know what the crowd calendars said about those days though since we were going on an anniversary trip without kids and didn't really care what the crowds were like. It's definitely a different experience with crowds when you have a stroller compared to not.

It’s not even close.

A sold out party will have close to 35,000 guests in attendance. A level 9 crowd will be 3 times the number of a sold out party.

You’ll see crowds in the Hub and along the parade route during the Party.

I think the answer to whether it's worth it is actually another question. How do you feel about the value of what you spend at WDW in general? If you think everything is crazy expensive, as many do, you will not be happy spending the money on MVMCP. If you have no issues with what things cost there, then you will enjoy it. We had fun, but probably wouldn't do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter