Is Non Human Blood Hazmat?

seashoreCM

All around nice guy.
A deliveryman, upon dropping off the package, saw a rattlesnake at his feet. He jumped aside, then saw a shovel and killed the snake. In his text to the recipient (at that house) he explained that and added, "Sorry about the blood." He did not do a meticulous job of cleaning everything up up before he departed.

Depending on where you live that might have been an illegal act so I would just clean up, hose, bleach the evidence, and hose again. Never speak of it!!! 🤐 TAKE THE 5TH!

Totally illegal by our house in FL to kill a rattlesnake. Once saw a big one coiled .... just backed up and walked away. Driver should have just left package on drive and left. Maybe text homeowner to warn them of their visitor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Article hit my feed .......... (big brother) ............. NEBRASKA so it is questionable if it was legal or not???

Protected. Under Federal and State protections. Some species may not be killed as they are of high conservation need while other species have a bag limit of three. Rattlesnakes may be killed if they pose a threat to humans, pets, or livestock.

Last edited:
I deal with animal blood regularly (horses). I am also petrified of contacting human blood. I have no issues with animal blood.

Was the delivery man sure it was a rattlesnake? Some people freak at ANY snake and think they should all be killed, even harmless ones.
Rattlesnakes are pretty distinctive. I live where there are three venomous types of snakes. 2 could be mistaken for harmless snakes but rattlers are unique in the way they announce their presence (hence the name). But sorry unless a snake runs from me (which they almost always do) I'm going to assume poisonous and kill it.

And even if it was, unless anyone is in immediate danger from it, there's no need to kill it.
I agree but still have gone the death route myself with spiders. My son will pick them up and carry them out of my house (they love biting me at night!) but if he’s not around squish they go.

I agree but still have gone the death route myself with spiders. My son will pick them up and carry them out of my house (they love biting me at night!) but if he’s not around squish they go.

I will relocate spiders, but there are times when it can't be avoided. That said, I would never bother them if they are outside the house - as far as I'm concerned that's fine. This snake was outside too - I'd just leave hm alone. If I was concerned that he was hazardous and hanging out too close to the house, I'd call a wildlife expert to relocate the critter.

I will relocate spiders, but there are times when it can't be avoided. That said, I would never bother them if they are outside the house - as far as I'm concerned that's fine. This snake was outside too - I'd just leave hm alone. If I was concerned that he was hazardous and hanging out too close to the house, I'd call a wildlife expert to relocate the critter.
This conversation always reminds me of something Paul McCartney talked about with his choice to go vegan. We all have one shot to enjoy this life. Cutting one short deserves contemplation.

Depending on where you live that might have been an illegal act so I would just clean up, hose, bleach the evidence, and hose again. Never speak of it!!! 🤐 TAKE THE 5TH!

Totally illegal by our house in FL to kill a rattlesnake. Once saw a big one coiled .... just backed up and walked away. Driver should have just left package on drive and left. Maybe text homeowner to warn them of their visitor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Article hit my feed .......... (big brother) ............. NEBRASKA so it is questionable if it was legal or not???

Protected. Under Federal and State protections. Some species may not be killed as they are of high conservation need while other species have a bag limit of three. Rattlesnakes may be killed if they pose a threat to humans, pets, or livestock.
Illegal to kill timber rattlers in Nebraska. If the picture that showed up in my feed was accurate that one was a prairie rattler. They aren't protected, unfortunately. He still should have left if alone. Everyone that gets all excited about killing a venemous snake should consider that most ways of killing one puts you in striking distance. It's more dangerous to kill one than it is to leave it alone. It will go away on its own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter