Is Paradise Pier worth staying at?

We stayed there for 8 nights last month.

Its clean, pleasantly decorated, and on-property. The CMs were always pleasant and helpful to us. It doesn't have the grand lobby like the GC, or some of the more luxurious amenities, but I don't really have anything negative to say about it.

We would stay there again.

Compared to many of the offsite options, it is ok. I stayed at the old AP rate of $69, and on several occaisions was upgraded to high floor, park view, with a room looking right into the CA rides. At that rate, it was a good value,

Otherwise, I would say that it lacks theming and excitement. I did often stay when in was a Pan Pacific Hotel, and ironically enjoyed it more back in those days. I feel like they just added a few Disney pictures on the wall once Disney took it over.

Not a bad place, just a little 'eh' if you know what I mean!

:)

A little 'eh' is my sentiment as well. I prefer to pay extra and stay at the Disney Hotel. Last time at the Pier we arrived at 1:00 pm and tried to check in (never was a problem @ disney). 4:00 came around and they directed us to a room that hadn't been cleaned. It was 5:00 pm before we got in our room. Not even as much as an apology from staff. This was the exception as we have stayed several times and never had a problem. We now stay at Disney Hotel once a year and the rest of the time at HoJos.

I think it is definitely worth trying. We enjoyed our stay last September. Great mousekeeping, nice, large room and of course the Mickey wake up calls! The glass elevator is pretty cool at night. The pool is non descript except for the slide. My only complaint was that the front desk area seemed way too small for a hotel that size. Luckily we were checking in late at night but I couldn't help but wonder what that would be like during peak check in time. While I do prefer the Disneyland Hotel, we enjoyed PP enough to stay there again this September. With the stay four nights get one free deal, we are paying a nightly average of $128 for our 4 night September trip. For onsite that is a great deal.

We enjoyed our stay at the Anaheim Hilton better than Paradise Pier. It was nice though to walk across the street and into the park.

We didn't care for the restaurants, elevator was always crowded, no laundry facilities. We are going back to the Hilton this year.

Thanks a bunch! I am leaning toward staying somewhere else, but time will tell! I appreciate the feed back and any more that may come along! ::MickeyMo

What is the best way to get to DL from the Hilton? DH will be staying there in December for a conference and I will be tagging along, spending most of my time in the parks, and I am wondering if he will be able to get there and back quickly to meet me for lunch if he has a break in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter