Is Poly really worth that much extra money?

Where do you find such great rates?!?
If you would like I can start a conversation with you and give you the name of the agency. Just let me know. The rates for these resorts is only offered end of summer into Sept. so if that works for you, it is an awesome way to stay at the monorail resorts for the price of a mod.

If you would like I can start a conversation with you and give you the name of the agency. Just let me know. The rates for these resorts is only offered end of summer into Sept. so if that works for you, it is an awesome way to stay at the monorail resorts for the price of a mod.

Yes, please let me know, and anyone else, feel free to message me!

A lot of good thoughts here.........the one common point, while not said directly, is that worth is a point of view? Yes, the Poly is expensive relative to "most" resorts at WDW. What the OP needs to determine is (as said previously) is what are you/they looking for in the trip. Is access to the MK and Epcot important?.......are amenities important? Access to resort dining is vital to you? Then the Poly may be the choice On the other hand........Are you a touring warrior at the parks from rope drop to kiss goodnight? Then a less expensive resort will almost definitely work better.

My wife and I booked our upcoming Poly vacation about a month ago for August 2018. Our current cost is more than $4500 (for 2) with regular Dining and hopper tickets. This is by far the most expensive trip we've booked in the past 5 years (since we became Disney geeks). Several important points to our plan are:

1. We booked dining to help with that cost. We normally don't do dining plans so that requires saving for food, which can be a forgotten cost by some.
2. We booked a year out to allow us to save and slowly pay off the trip.
3. We're hoping (only hoping) to get a discount when they open for our trip time period. NOTE: This is part of the plan but we know going in......it isn't guaranteed. We booked what we believe we can save for (and afford).
4. We are flexible! The Poly is a bucket list location for us...........but visiting WDW is really the reason we go! So............if we can get a better deal/discount down the line at a Epcot location like the Yacht Club we may grab it. In the end you can always visit the Poly for a drink or dinner :) HOWEVER THE PLAN IS TO STAY AT THE POLY!!:P

Again value and worth are personal choices.......yes the Poly is expensive.........but what you do get, from my point of view, may be worth it :-).............or o_O it may NOT be worth it. You have to decide :D

What ever you decide.......have a wonderful trip!

Doug :goofy:

Yes, realize worth is subjective! To us, not worth it. We always go over at least once for the ambiance and a meal at 'Ohana, but would never spend the $$$'s for a night there. We're not 'resort' people, we are always out and about at Disney.

When DD was little, All Stars Music worked. The only time we were there was a pool break or midday nap. The rest of our time was spent in the parks. It was constantly go go go! We returned home so exhausted, we needed a vacation after our vacation! Now that our family trips consist of all adults, I'm only interested in visiting the parks early morning through lunch. The rest of our time is spent at the resort. I don't want to fight the crowds in MK to watch the fireworks. I would rather view them from our resort or Cali Grill in a much more relaxed atmosphere. I've heard that they can be seen from the Poly pool. That's my idea of heaven. We want to be close to MK and prefer monorail and boats to buses. My family loves the parks, but we love more time for relaxation in a luxurious atmosphere.

You need to think of your priorities. What kind of vacation are you looking for?

It's my dream to stay at the Poly but everytime I price and compare it's just so much more money. This trip it prices around $2300 more for the week compared to a moderate resort. For those who have stayed at a moderate and the Poly is it really worth it to spend the extra money for the Poly?

I'm hoping it is....a friend wants to go to F/W with me next year and her dream is the Poly. I would like to stay at every resort and splitting the cost of a Deluxe is better for my budget so I'm cool with staying there, even still it's a lot. I'll be bummed if it's not better. haha

I have stayed at two Deluxes and I really liked both but I got them discounted so that made it much more palatable. I have very realistic views on the Disney levels of hotels so I doubt I'll be disappointed but I also expect some extra oomph for the higher price.

.....I have very realistic views on the Disney levels of hotels so I doubt I'll be disappointed but I also expect some extra oomph for the higher price.
I completely agree with you on the "extra oomph". We've actually felt that when we visited this past June. We did a split stay at Yacht Club and POP. Our mistake was starting at the Yacht Club.....which was just magnificent. The room was elegant.......the pool was amazing.......access was great too! It was just wonderful 8-) The last 3 days we were at POP..........now I must say it wasn't terrible. The theming at the resort is cool. The room was clean........even the transportation was ok. It was just when you stay at a deluxe resort with all the ambiance and extras (that pool is amazing)........it just brings ya back to earth a bit :oops: If I were to do a split like that again...........I'd start at POP (again it wasn't a bad resort at all...) and finish at the deluxe :D

For our Poly vacation next August.........no split stay..........just gonna stay with the beauty, access, and other amenities offered by the Poly :)

For me, yes it is! We stayed poly last year and loved everything about it. This year we stayed BC for the pool. My whole family missed poly. This trip just wasn't as relaxing. When we went to ohanas for dinner my 13yo son said, now it feels like we're home. We aren't park commando types so we spend a good deal of time at the resort. That makes a big difference. If we didn't, I may feel differently.

I completely agree with you on the "extra oomph". We've actually felt that when we visited this past June. We did a split stay at Yacht Club and POP. Our mistake was starting at the Yacht Club.....which was just magnificent. The room was elegant.......the pool was amazing.......access was great too! It was just wonderful 8-) The last 3 days we were at POP..........now I must say it wasn't terrible. The theming at the resort is cool. The room was clean........even the transportation was ok. It was just when you stay at a deluxe resort with all the ambiance and extras (that pool is amazing)........it just brings ya back to earth a bit :oops: If I were to do a split like that again...........I'd start at POP (again it wasn't a bad resort at all...) and finish at the deluxe :D

For our Poly vacation next August.........no split stay..........just gonna stay with the beauty, access, and other amenities offered by the Poly :)

I'm not a pool person but I do like the ambiance and convenience that you get at the Deluxe level. BC was great because I like that beach motif and the walk to two parks was super. WL was just the architecture of the lodge setting and the water views, plus the boat to MK was easy as well. I like the look of the Poly and it's actually on my list of places I want to stay so I'm sure I'll like it, I just hope that they do a Room Only BB there. I've got two stays coming up so I'm going to call for quotes for sure.

It's one of our favorite Disney Resorts and we do enjoy staying there. But quite honestly, you won't receive $2300 in extra value so it's the intangibles that people use to justify the expense. If you really want to stay, you will have a wonderful time at the Polynesian but if the extra cost is a major consideration, it might be better to put off the Polynesian stay until you can find some of the deals previous posters have mentioned.

It's my dream to stay at the Poly but everytime I price and compare it's just so much more money. This trip it prices around $2300 more for the week compared to a moderate resort. For those who have stayed at a moderate and the Poly is it really worth it to spend the extra money for the Poly?

As others have said, worth is subjective as it's different for everyone, but for us, the Poly is worth the extra cost. As a pp said, if spending the extra $2300 is going to be a strain on your budget, I'd stick with a mod. But if the extra cost is doable without over extending your budget (and if it is your dream resort), I'd try the Poly. Good luck!

We've stayed twice. Both times with 40% off. It was nice, but not our favorite and IMHO not $2300 nicer. The pool area is small, the walk from the room to food and transportation is mostly uncovered (an issue for us since we visit usually in September and October which are rainy months) and the restaurants are very meh. I'm not a fan of Ohana, Kona is OK, Cooks was hard to navigate on low carb diet (lots of sugar on everything) and there isn't a Signature on site. Best thing about it is Trader Sam's, but you don't have to stay there to enjoy it!

We've stayed Deluxe twice and moderate and value many times. If we stay moderate, we visit twice in a year. If we spend all our travel budget on the hotel, it's just one trip a year. I'd rather go twice. That's just me. We find POFQ to be our favorite resort. We are at the parks all morning and early afternoon, then back for pool time/rest, then parks until close. So, we are just fine with moderates...FQ in particular. BUT if it's been a dream of yours, I'd go for a split stay as so many have recommended. Then you can decide if it's worth it to you.

Poly has always been our favorite resort. The proximity to the TTC and MK and watching HEA on the beach every night is worth it for us. Having said that, the rooms have gotten run-down. We recently stayed there after a 4 night stay at YC, which was newly renovated and the room did not even compare. Hopefully they will be updating soon, considering what they charge to stay there.

No. I stayed there with a great TA deal. Never would I pay rack rate there.

Last year, I was able to upgrade from mod to Poly for $600 for 7 nights. That was worth it to me. $2300? Woulda NOPED it right back to CSR.

As a person who always enjoys spending time at the resort, I would say yes paying more for a deluxe is worth it.

That being said, I've never stayed at Disney at "retail prices", I will book only if I get a deal.

We had an amazing time at the Poly, see if you can get a deal and go for it!

My answer is, it depends. It's worth it to me if I can get a good discount. We always take mid day breaks so we are around to enjoy the resort amenities. The transportation options are good, esp being able to walk to the TTC.
Sadly WDW has cut back on monorail hours in the morning, so transportation isn't as good as it once was.
It would also be worth it if you have a family of 4or 5 as the rooms are fairly large.

But imo not worth it if you can't get a decent discount, are at parks all day, or if it will put you in debt paying for it.

Id say no its not worth it. For some reason during my dates Grand Floridian was 100 cheaper than Poly and Contemporary tower was 50 cheaper. Both are better than poly. Poly is great hotel but its overhyped IMHO.

Yeah im doing a 3 resort split stay myself to enjoy differenct resorts.

I usually book 3 nights at POFQ then spend 2 or 3 days at a deluxe. POFQ was impossible to get this go around.

The Poly was on my bucket list so I scheduled our trip during a travel agency deal and paid about what we would have paid for a moderate. Our trip was at the end of August, so it was hot, but it was wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter