• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is "Race through New York with Jimmy Fallon" a must do?

We ride everything multiple times......always have and always will :thumbsup2 I'm not keen on MIB but we do it numerous times every trip, so I know what you mean.

But this is a one and done for us too.........found it dull and not funny. Again, not JF fans at all but do know all about the show and the hashtag panda thing. We found it not worth doing again.

If I only had a short visit, I certainly wouldn't leave Potter area to go see it.......

We will have 17 nights this year and one was once too many. Won't do it again.

I should add, the building is lovely inside. We walked straight through though and had no wait whatsoever with EP.

Wow....I have a hard time imagining it's so bad you are there for 17 days and won't ride it once...lol.

I guess I'll find out in December. :)

Wow....I have a hard time imagining it's so bad you are there for 17 days and won't ride it once...lol.

I guess I'll find out in December. :)

Yep, once was enough.

But I hope you like it and enjoy it......many people love it, maybe we're the odd ones out.........:D

Think it's the only thing I've ever said once is enough with the rides here as we enjoy them all.

Count us in the one and done group. I wasn't a fan of the live entertainment. I would have preferred watching clips with sound from the show or even just reruns of the show; I will admit that I don't watch Fallon at home. We had EP but still felt like the wait was too long for what the ride was.

I'm not the biggest Fallon fan either, but, being able to sit, or at least mill about, in an attractive air conditioned room while waiting for your turn to ride is vastly superior to standing in yet another line with nothing to do. No one says you have to pay attention to the entertainment in the "lounge" but, why wouldn't you? Its not exactly offensive.

have not watched fallon's tv show so know very little about him or the panda that has been mentioned here.

the fallon ride was not opened when I was last there in february.

but, since it is a new ride, i will be doing it in october

I'm not the biggest Fallon fan either, but, being able to sit, or at least mill about, in an attractive air conditioned room while waiting for your turn to ride is vastly superior to standing in yet another line with nothing to do. No one says you have to pay attention to the entertainment in the "lounge" but, why wouldn't you? Its not exactly offensive.

Someone thought it was offensive? Wonder why..........we thought it was just dull........

We just weren't impressed by it and didn't pay attention.........maybe that's why we didn't like it.......:)

I'd rather be somewhere else........and having unlimited EP we don't need to worry about queues.......we walked straight in so never took advantage of sitting in the aircon which I'm sure was lovely.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, always nice to hear that.

I think it's worth doing since it's the only thing in the park using the reserved time, FP+ style system. I did it when I was there in June and will give it a spin again in November.

I do understand the criticism, though. It's another screen-based attraction and may have been built more as a way to get the Tonight Show hosted in Orlando a few days per year. This might last a shorter amount of time than Jimmy Neutron.

do you have to have the UO app in order to reserve the ride time?

i don't plan on installing the app so does the ride take walk ups?
or ep?

True it is another screen ride. I really like the ride though, and it has replaced The Simpsons ride for me. I get a little queasy on The Simpsons, but I was totally fine on the Fallon ride. Full disclosure: I do watch The Tonight Show and have liked Jimmy Fallon since his days on Saturday Night Live.

We just got back and didn't ride it.

However we are going again next week so may ride it then. But it certainly wasn't a must do for us!

It was hysterical, loved Gary and Sara no H because H's are EW!

Our trip in June we did it 10 times in 4 days it was the highlight of our trip!

It's cute.....that is about all. Not a must do on every trip for me but glad I did it once.

Even if you don't like the ride itself, if you are now or have ever been a fan of The Tonight Show, the downstairs waiting area with all the Tonight Show memorabilia is worth at least going through once. I've done the ride twice and that's probably enough, but the pre show is pretty great and I'd happily do that bit several more times.

We did the ride today and I did not enjoy it at all. I'm not a fan of Fallon or his type of silly humor, and the ride completely reflects his style. It can also be more nausea inducing than some of the other attractions.

My five year old enjoyed it and she had fun meeting the panda and taking pictures with him.

I'd say a lot of kids would probably like it and anyone who likes shows like Fallon's. It is certainly not a must do for me.

The theater was very nice. The attraction itself could very easily be rethemed to anything else, which is pretty cool and makes updating easy for Universal.

Last edited:
Will go back for the pre show entertainment. The ride was a bore.

Well, I have a slightly different take on it. My dd works this attraction. So, I really, really wanted to love it. The first time we did it, she was with us, and she wasn't happy. Seems that the powers that be decided to change the entry proceedure, which meant that there was a very long, very crowded wait. She said it should have been a lot faster and more organized. Okay. The second time I did it, she was working, so my friend and I did it without her. But, the line moved much more quickly, and the area with all the stuff from years gone by was much less crowded, so we could stop and look at stuff, and listen to some of the shorts. The preshow area was much better this time too. But, I still don't think it's an attraction that I'll have to do over and over. The ride itself was 'cute' but nothing special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter