Is "sharing" really okay?

momto2girls

DIS Veteran
Last fall we went to WDW during the free dining promotion. We used one credit per person at every restaurant. It was a lot of food and we wasted much of it. It is extremely rare for us to eat an appetizer, an entree and a dessert at a meal. And we definitely can't do it day after day!

I have noticed posts where people have said that they split their meals. Are the restaurants really okay with that? I'm not trying to cheat the system and I don't want to embarrass myself by asking to do that if it isn't okay. It just really is too much food for us and I'd prefer to visit more restaurants and not gorge myself at each one (or waste a ton of food) if it really is "okay". ;)

I feel the same way about all that food...we would almost never order an appetizer and a dessert and a main! I plan to share with my dh at some table service restaurants. I think wasting food is a shame.

JMHO, of course. ;)

Beth

I haven't been to WDW on the dining plan but I have used meal vouchers in the past. We would often use 3 vouchers for 4 people, sharing appetizers & desserts among us and ordering an additional beverage and entrée to complete the meal. None of our servers ever had a problem bringing us plates for sharing and they were very helpful in their dining suggestions. It meant less wasted food and always earned the server an additional tip for their positive attitude and attentiveness.

As long as you aren't at a buffet/all-you-can-eat restaurant, there is no problem.

Last fall, we had the Free Dining plan. We shared 2 TS meals for the 3 of us (me, DH, and DD7) at every non-buffet restaurant we ate at that week. Nobody had any problems with it.

there is so much food on the DDP that I'm sure lots of people share. It is perfectly okay with Disney to do so.

Why should WDW care if you share on the DDP? You've already paid for the food. Any food you don't order is just food they can sell to somebody else. If you think about it, they wouldn't mind if you got the plan and didn't eat at all!

We're in same boat - used a meal each at all meals and were stuffed and buried under to go boxes. This time we'll be splitting for more meal options with less food consumed at each. I don't expect any problems but will tip additionally to account for the extra server work - assuming the server has accomodated us courteously ;) .

which restaurants work best for sharing? most of ours are buffets, but i could still change one or two. we have 3 kids going with us, so my sister doesn't want to do anything to fancy. :rolleyes:

kehouse said:
which restaurants work best for sharing? most of ours are buffets, but i could still change one or two. we have 3 kids going with us, so my sister doesn't want to do anything to fancy. :rolleyes:
Spoodles at BWI has big portions and good appetizers.
Mama Melrose has small pizzas as appys- kids could have those for dinner.
Sci Fi is really fun, and the portions are HUGE!
Marrakesh has sampler type dinners, and there are lots of things to try.
Nine Dragons at China is really good to share at.

Really, almost all of the "menu" restaurants offer large enough portions to share. Try what looks good to you- look at the menus on www.allearsnet.com to help you out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter