• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

My biggest question mark right now is when and what tickets to buy (or not): We are planning to go to DL Aug 15-16-17 as part of a California trip. We are booked at a Good Neighbor hotel. With SWGE opening, there is no way we are going there to be told our tickets/hotel are not good enough to enter the land and would rather put his money somewhere else if that is the case.

Here is the analysis we made:
GN Hotel 4 nights inc Breakfast with
2122$ DL 3days
2342$ DL 3days PH
2522$ DL 3days PH w/ Maxpass

Paradise Pier 4 nights with
2913$ DL 3days
3134$ DL 3days PH
3314$ DL 3days PH w/ Maxpass

Since we have no idea which of the options will provide accessibility to SWGE in August, we are just waiting before buying tickets or going elsewhere than Anaheim.

What would you suggest?

My DH and I wanted a more laid back anniversary trip to WDW this August. We have a trip booked for 5 nights beginning Aug 24. With SWGE opening Aug 29, and people coming in day(s) prior to it, I’m wondering if crowd levels would be better beginning Aug 17 for 5 nights instead??

My DH and I wanted a more laid back anniversary trip to WDW this August. We have a trip booked for 5 nights beginning Aug 24. With SWGE opening Aug 29, and people coming in day(s) prior to it, I’m wondering if crowd levels would be better beginning Aug 17 for 5 nights instead??
I would say yes, it should be better the earlier week

Okay I am really starting to worry and need some help in re-thinking or not :) our Dec 29-Jan 3 trip - #1 I know it's the worst week of the year to go during a new SWGE Opening year BUT are we really INSANE to attempt it this year? Should we put it off until next year? My worry is, it's already over-crowded and I worry about the over-flow from Studios to the other parks! Thoughts, opinions, all are welcome to comment, and please do :)

I would not cancel your vacation. There is so much to enjoy at WDW. Personally, I'm going to ride Pandora for the first time since the throngs will be elsewhere. Think of SWGE as an opportunity to enjoy the rest of the resort.

I was going to keep my September trip but then I saw so many amazing things at the Star Wars panel yesterday and I think I have seriously underestimated the crowd level. My youngest loves HS and I’m pretty sure we won’t be able to visit it. The other parks may be fine but I’m really regretting choosing Yacht Club right about now.

I was going to keep my September trip but then I saw so many amazing things at the Star Wars panel yesterday and I think I have seriously underestimated the crowd level. My youngest loves HS and I’m pretty sure we won’t be able to visit it. The other parks may be fine but I’m really regretting choosing Yacht Club right about now.
Why are you regretting the resort?

I'm wondering if they'll announce an opening date for RotR at all, or just soft open it with no warning. All those rumours about November have me excited (I'm at WDW the 16th to the 24th), but this trip is difficult to plan, I think loads of stuff will change between now and then for me.

I'm wondering if they'll announce an opening date for RotR at all, or just soft open it with no warning. All those rumours about November have me excited (I'm at WDW the 16th to the 24th), but this trip is difficult to plan, I think loads of stuff will change between now and then for me.

I heard it’s opening in December just in time for the movie’s release lol.

I am going to Disney world for a solo trip October 12-16th. My main goal is to get into galaxy edge at least one of those days and ride the falcon ride and explore the land. I know it’s gonna be insanely packed though.

I heard the falcon has single rider line, but I would love to meet some folks from here who will be in Disney the same time as me and do the falcon together lol. But if not, I should be okay ha.

Why are you regretting the resort?
I’m thinking that any resort that allows you to walk to HS is going to see an influx of guests staying there or visiting the area. I chose the resort because I could walk to 2 parks and my value feels less because I will probably avoid HS now. My first yacht club trip could be at a better time.

My husband, sister, and BIL were looking forward to a leisurely trip as we both had just gone with our families as a group,(hers 10/ mine 14) which was great, but we spent our time making sure they all had a great time. SW is opening 5 days before our trip. So disappointed, as now it will be more crowded. We can’t reschedule as we already have airline booked.

Our trip includes extended family so I think we are locked in. I considered canceling after the announcement but I was feeling hopeful and scheduling can be tough. My parents haven’t been since they took my sister and I 30 years ago. I bargained for a calm September trip with the grand kids and I put them in the middle of Star Wars.

I’m thinking that any resort that allows you to walk to HS is going to see an influx of guests staying there or visiting the area. I chose the resort because I could walk to 2 parks and my value feels less because I will probably avoid HS now. My first yacht club trip could be at a better time.
I don't think the epcot resorts would be that bad. People will be walking around but not to the point that it would affect your stay.

This year my husband turns 50 and it'll be our 20th anniversary too, so when I first heard about a brand new SW land I began to plan a trip from France to WDW (SW, Pandora and Kennedy Center in the same box, a perfect star tour for us :yoda::love:). I waited for the opening date to be announced so no free dining plan for us :( , but I'm relieved we can go in a "moderate crowdy" period (from 4 to 9 and from 14 to 16 of november), I was afraid the opening would happen closer to Christmas with even more crowd and high prices. I already booked 5 nights at CSR but for the 2 more nights after visiting USO and a little Florida road trip the room choice at affordable prices is really narrow. Maybe I'm going to choose CBR because of the Slylaner, but the only rooms still available are the Pirates' ones and I saw rather negative review for them being overpriced and far from resort facilities. Hope there'll be virtual line so we may visit the other parks and the other parts of DHS, but SWGE is a dream made real for us. :lovestrucpixiedust::stitch:

Last edited:
The wife and I are going November 6th-13th. I'm a little worried it's going to be crazy.... I was honestly hoping Star Wars wasn't going to be open yet. Between Jersey Week, Veterans Day, and Star Wars I'm worried it's going to be jam packed. As long as we get our fast passes and most dining reservations we want, I'll be happy though. We're not going to be hustling to get everything in this trip.

My husband and I had just booked what we thought would be a low crowd five day trip without the kids. I am fine with not getting in to see GE. My concern was our plan to use two days of fast passes at the studios. I would hate to book 60 days ahead and have the park go into closure or wait for hours to enter. To ease my stress I booked a Sum of all thrills tour and a Night of Adventure tour. That will guarantee a few of the big rides and if all the parks are crowded it will force us to spend more time at the resort. My main goal is to see Illuminations a few more times.

My DD and I are going Jan 12-19 staying at POP so we can ride the skyliner. We aren’t super fans of SW but hope to be able to at least walk around SWGE if we don’t get FP to ride. Only going to DHS for one day so know it will lessen our chances.

We planned our trip last year when we returned from DL in September. We are booked for October 20 - 26, so worried it will still be nuts, we had no idea it would open in August. But also hoping the other parts will be lighter because of Star Wars. Fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter