Is the castle worth it?

Taratink

DIS Veteran
My DD is 3 1/2 and DD son is 5. She loves the disney princess girls. Should I try to book a lunch or dinner at the castle? Is it neat inside? Hows the food? Will my husband and son like it. How long does it take and are there any characters there? As you can tell I have a lot of questions.I am around 40 days from my trip and I have got to get my butt in gear.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Tara princess:

We love lunch there...well all of us except my husband. But we all love the atmosphere. It really seems as if you're inside a castle. There is so much attention to detail including in the waiting area. Most times we see a character in that area before or after a meal but you certainly should not count on that. But the armour, turrets, circular staircase etc are at least as much fun for boys as girls. Be sure to look up high for Gus and his buddy in the antechamber.

We've had both breakfast and lunch at the castle. I preferred the lunch. My kids are older and weren't into the princesses that much for the breakfast.
Either way, it's definetly worth a trip. The building inside is beutiful.

We had lunch there last year, we did see Belle in the waiting area for a minute. Its not a character lunch though so if you want characters or the princesses, go for breakfast.

We enjoyed it and would do it again.

The lunch and dinner do not have princesses there, but the castle is beautiful inside and they would love the exp, I think.

If you're 40 days out, you're probably out of luck for the CRT breakfast, since it sells out within minutes 90 days out, BUT, there are always cancellations, if you want to call and just keep checking. Depends on how badly you want that.

The princesses can be found outside the breakfasts, as well =)

We had a wonderful dinner in the castle. Although there are no characters, the atmosphere is magical. It's a great place to take children for an extra special meal without the craziness of a character meal. You won't be disppointed.

I LOVE lunch in the Castle, and although technically you don't see any characters, except possibly one princess shaking hands in the lobby, watch out on the balcony! Last time I was there Pan came by twice, waving in the window. Apparently he was in some impromptu show in Fantasyland and used the balcony to get from place to place.

When we went back in October we had dinner there and while it was a very nice place to eat, great decorations and the staff was excellent I was not terribly impressed by my food. It was pretty good but I guess I was expecting more. The wife loved her meal, although small. I had the Lamb Shank and she had the Pork Tenderloin, we shared the lobster/shrimp appetizer.

I've read that many people prefer the lunch to eating dinner here so you might want to try that.

As a side note, Cindy was there in the waiting area during dinner (before & after), that was a nice surprise!

Simba's Mom said:
watch out on the balcony! Last time I was there Pan came by twice, waving in the window.

And when you see Peter Pan, watch for Captain Hook. They fence and chase each other on the way to their appearance in the forecastle show. We usually see them on their way back too.

If you make a PS for lunch or dinner, you will be told there are no characters. But most times we do see one in the antechamber or waiting room.

Of course everything could change as CRT will be closed for a time next month. Lunch apparently won't begin until 1:00 as breakfast hours are being extended.

Years ago before there was a CRT breakfast, Cinderella was a fixture at lunch. Anyone else remember that?

I took my kids here for lunch, and was able to take their picture with Cinderella, although this isn't guaranteed.

Their kids meals cost the same or less than at the hotel food court. I had prime rib, and our total was perhaps six dollars higher than the food court prices. And the prime rib was good.

We had lunch at the castle on Dec.7th to celebrate our twin daughters birthday! It was one of the highlights of our trip! We walked in and Cinderella was standing in the lobby in front of the Christmas tree! The girls felt just like they had been invited into Cinderella's home.
The food was delicious! I had the "Major Domo's Favorite Pie" and it was soooo good. My husband enjoyed his Prime Rib! The girls shared a kids meal and it was plenty for them! My older son and daughter each had appetizers and then enjoyed a dessert!
The service was excellent!
The only thing that would have made it better was if we were seated by the window!

We did CRT for breakfast last week. It was soo worth it. Both DD's (23 and 16) were gaga over the princesses.

I did not care for the sausages but everything else was good and our server was good, no trouble getting more food. He even suggested that he bring out a large plate with some of everything for us. This worked well and the stuffed french toast that everyone raved about was right on the mark. It's very good.

The princesses only came around once but were not rushed and spent plenty of time at the table for Pics, autographs and conversation.

Aimeedyan said:
If you're 40 days out, you're probably out of luck for the CRT breakfast, since it sells out within minutes 90 days out, BUT, there are always cancellations, if you want to call and just keep checking. Depends on how badly you want that.

The princesses can be found outside the breakfasts, as well =)

I understand that they just released additional times for the CRT Cindy Breakfast (extended it until 11:15) so if you are interested, even with only 40 days out, you should call and see if any of the later seatings are available.

Shelly

Lunch at the castle is great! We try to do it once a trip!

We started doing lunch at the castle when my oldest son was only 3. I remember he was in awe of the elegant surroundings and very well-behaved because he was so enamored. We eat there every trip and we have always been lucky enough to see princesses.

On our last trip, we took our autistic son for the first time. I wasn't too sure about eating in the castle because his capacity for change and for waiting is pretty limited, but my other two wouldn't hear of droppnig it. While we were waiting, Cinderella came in and greeted all the guests. She spent a lot of time with them and when everyone was satisfied, she walked over and sat down by Christian--she saw that he just couldn't approach her. She never said a word, just sat beside him. in a minute he reached over and stroked her glove, then clasped her hand to his face. She leaned in, still not making eye contact, and spoke very gently to him. I have not idea what she said, it was so soft. He hugged her for a few seconds and released her face, but continued to hold her hand. I have never seen such a beautiful thing. We did get one picture and it is so precious to me. That experience totally made my trip. I don't even remember what we ate. I didn't care. It was worth whatever we paid.9 :cloud9:

cathy--mom to John, 18;Eleni,11; and Christian the Amazing Wonder Boy,

Oh, my what a beautiful story, minkydog. I have tears in my eyes.

The magic lives doesn't it?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter