Is the Christmas Party worth the price?

we went once when it was not sold out it was ok we went once when it was sold out and it was not worth it for us way to many people

I did a Christmas party in 2019 and After Hours this past January and honestly I preferred the Christmas party and I think I got more done then. AH is so short, while most rides are a walk on (besides Peter Pan and 7DMT), AH is so short that you waste half of it walking through queues and between rides. Maybe the Christmas parties are different now but I waited the same amount of time for Peter Pan (10ish mins) at MVMCP and AH for example. If you want to do the shows and rides, MVMCP makes it hard to accomplish both, but if you are ride focused you have more wiggle room to wait in 10-15 minute lines and still get a lot done compared to only a few hours during AH. I also preferred the vibes of MVMCP...I know some people love MK empty but I miss the music, excitement, etc. of the parties during AH. It was eerie!

Nope, none of extra charge activities are worth it to me.
If you're buying tickets for each trip, I would definitely look at the price of paying for a regular ticket vs getting a shorter ticket plus an after hours party.

If you have an annual pass, you can ignore my comment. Even with the discount it's still pricey.

I went last year and felt it was 100% worth it. Since you're able to get in before park closing, we were able to watch the normal fireworks, then the party fireworks, and a parade. We were also able to ride space mountain x2, thunder mountain x2, 7 dwarfs, haunted mansion, pirates, peter pan, little mermaid, philharmagic, buzz lightyear, winnie the pooh, people mover, and possibly even more that I'm forgetting. We walked on every ride. The free snacks are a nice touch, and the atmosphere with the decorations and "snow" on main street was so fun to experience. I absolutely recommend going!
In 2021 it wasn’t the Christmas party, it was a special after hours hybrid event. The normal Christmas party has more guests, fewer snacks (just cookies and hot cocoa or equivalent), longer hours, and only the party fireworks.

I don't like that our tickets costs about the same as a Legoland annual pass or together costs as much as one of our WDW APs, but I'm also happy that we went. We do the rides enough that getting in value for rides isn't important to us, but we did prioritize rides with party overlays like Tomorrowland Speedway, Mad Tea Party, Space, etc. We don't do long lines for many characters, maybe one or two. We enjoy the atmosphere and meandering around. I was disappointed the cookies were pretty plain and from some bakeshop one could order from online.

I don't think it was worth the price for our date Christmas week. Like many WDW things it's a splurge, but a huge one compared to other splurge like Be Our Guest restaurant, dessert parties, etc. That said, I'd still do it again eventually. I can't justify splurging that much every year but it's something we'd splurge every few years.

I would do it and treat it as your MK day. You get into the park at 4 and party ends at 12. You will get party specific parade, characters, fireworks, shows, snacks and get free cookies/drinks as an extra. However it can be busy but less than daytime so ride waits are a lot better. So essentially you get 8 hrs and yes the tickets are more they really aren’t that much more then a day ticket anymore, maybe $20-40 more depending when you are going.

I went last year and felt it was 100% worth it. Since you're able to get in before park closing, we were able to watch the normal fireworks, then the party fireworks, and a parade. We were also able to ride space mountain x2, thunder mountain x2, 7 dwarfs, haunted mansion, pirates, peter pan, little mermaid, philharmagic, buzz lightyear, winnie the pooh, people mover, and possibly even more that I'm forgetting. We walked on every ride. The free snacks are a nice touch, and the atmosphere with the decorations and "snow" on main street was so fun to experience. I absolutely recommend going!

The only free snacks last year were the cookies and drinks, any other party specific snacks you paid for. Also 2022 was a normal party so there were no regular fireworks and then party fireworks, they had this in 2021 but that was because it was an after hours event not the actual MVMCP. MVMCP starts at 7 not 9 and day guests have to be out by 6pm so there is no way for them to do regular fireworks. But with that being said the party is still worth it since you get 8 hrs since you can get in at 4pm.

If you're buying tickets for each trip, I would definitely look at the price of paying for a regular ticket vs getting a shorter ticket plus an after hours party.

If you have an annual pass, you can ignore my comment. Even with the discount it's still pricey.
Valid suggestions for the average park guest but in our case our park admission is free. Plus having attended many of the extra charge events as part of the Disney events team, I still don’t feel it’s worth it.

I went before COVID ever happened and I felt like it wasn't worth it at that time. The park was super packed and I felt like the only difference was that I got a free Christmas cookie and hot cocoa lol.

I don’t think it’s worth the price to do it again, but if you’ve never done it before, then it’s worth the price ::yes::

My DD19 doesn’t remember much of both MNSSHP and MVMCP, so we’ll do them both again for her someday, and then we probably won’t do them again - way to pricey now.

If I were you, I’d go, so you don’t have regret about not going later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter