Is there a new Super-WalMart?

jgates

<font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags
We went to the one down by Mid. Times. Is there now one closer to Disney & which direction?

Also-??A Steak-n-Shake closer than the one down by Mid Times?

There is a new Super Wal-Mart, but it isn't closer to WDW.
It's off of Osceola Parkway, which is off of Orange Blossom Trail. I'd say it's a bit farther. That's the one we go to though, because we don't have to fight with the construction on Irlo Bronson.

Good Luck!!

There is a super walmart about 6 miles from Westgate lakes. It's on the a main road and I can't remember which one. I know you take Turkey Lake Road about 1 mile from Westgate Lakes - go right onto this road (there is a golf ball store on that road) and go about 5 miles. When we stayed at Westgate Lakes in January we asked for directions and they gave us this sheet that had directions to every place you could ever want to go. Now I can't find it. You may want to call the resort and see if they can fax one over to you.

:) Kerry

OK Kandj, I'm dumb. Where is Westgate Lakes? Although if they are all about 6 miles or so, it isn't that big of a deal. We can get on that toll-road that goes east from the Hotel Plaza area and come out close to Mid. Times & Super W. Just hoping there was one a hop, skip and a jump away.

No you don't need to do the tolls - I don't think. Okay I believe WL is at exit 27A (or 28A) off I-4. You get off at the exit and go right on Turkey Lake Road. Westgate Lakes is on the left. It is pretty close to WDW. WL is a HUGE resort - you can't miss it. It's pink - lol. It's right across I-4 from the Factory Outlet Mall. Gosh I hope this helps. DH drove the whole time we were there since we had the Excusion and the sheer size of that thing scares the pooh out of me.

I think I took 25 or 26b off of I-4 I think it was actually at crossroads. I traveled several miles until I got to a road spelled something like Poins....?? There I took a right. A left at the stop light on 192. Walmart was just a couple more miles from there. There is also a toll going same direction for 50 cents. This route was not bad at all. It saved lots of Time. You can get an Kissimee map in lots of those travel books that are given away.

By the way, this is the old super Walmart by Medievel times. If there is a newer one about the same distance you may want to try it. The one by Medievel times is usually very busy.

Tigger

There is one on John Young Parkway (Highway?). Mapquest can map it for you.
Sorry I don't have the street number, but, you can get that from www.walmart.com.

Tigger1 that is the one I went to! I knew I wasn't crazy - lol! It is really easy to find once you figure out the basic route - you can't miss it.

The one Kandj2 is talking about is on John Young and Sandlake Rd., but it is not closer than the one on 192., actually it is quite a bit farther.

OK guys, so time wise (we're at the Swan), am I just easier to hop on my little toll-road and bypass the traffic and the possibility of getting lost and head for the MTimes one? We'll do one trip on the 192 traffic just to see the tourist trap sites, but otherwise, I think if I have a craving for a chocolate malt & more film, I'll be going on that toll-road?

If you know the rxits on and off the Toll it may be well worth the 50 cents. The route I took , 26b I think was very good to, but thaat might depend on the time of day. Snything would be better than 192.

Tigger

Okay, now which Super Walmart would be closer to the Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North. It seems to be a few miles away from the crossroads so which one is closer???

we drove on 192(Irlo Bronson Hgwy) just 2 weeks ago and the construction is done!!!!!!It was so much faster.

Are you sure they are finished with the construction? How far out did you go on 192?

Its been over 5 years I can not imagine it being done. It did not look close last May.

Tigger

to the west, it is completed all the way to the highway past Orange Lake Country Club and Ron Jon resort, and to the east we drove as far as the 535 intersecton - all done and clear , smooth driving - really!!! What a pleasure - well, almost, to see it all done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter