Is there a transportation chart?

RedE2Go

Earning My Ears
A few years ago I found a chart/table that shows all the easiest ways to go between different places in DisneyWorld.It would say where to make the connections or if it was direct bus or monorail. Does that make sense? I can't seem to find it anymore. Can anyones point me in the right direction? Thanks

There is something like that, and I'm sure someone will post a link. I do caution the use of it... All of the tools I have seen have been out of date and innacurate for some routes.

Basically... this is how we work. Busses, Monorails, and Watercraft run from the Disney Resorts to/from the Disney Theme Parks, Water Parks, and Downtown Disney.

To travel from Resort to Resort, you must transfer at a Hub (Theme park or DTD). Some connections can be made quicker than others by the use of better transfer points.

The best place to transfer is a place closest to where you are, or where you are going.

For example, if you're going from Caribbean Beach to the Contemporary, you'll have two options. CBR is located very close to the Studios... and CR is located very close to the MK. You can use either for transfer points. The first is to take the bus to the Disney-MGM Studios, and catch the Contemporary bus from there. The second is to take the bus to the MK, and either walk or take the Monorail to the Contemporary.

Epcot should not be used as a transfer point for the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, or Boardwalk. Use the Studios instead, and connect via Watercraft.

DAK closes early, however, it makes a good transfer point for AK Lodge.

MK is a good transfer point for Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness. The first three connect via Monorail, the last two connect via Watercraft.

Downtown Disney can be used for late night connections, once parks start to close. Although additional busses are put up on route to compensate for crowds, it should be noted that DTD can get congested during peak dinner times, when everyone else is doing the same thing as you.

The best advice I can give you... when you're confused, find someone in PURPLE... and ask them. Never rely on transportation information from Non-Transportation people. They have no clue what they're talking about. Always make sure to ask a Bus Driver... we're always more than happy to help you out in any way possible, and advise you on the best route at the current time.

The best advice I can give you... when you're confused, find someone in PURPLE... and ask them. Never rely on transportation information from Non-Transportation people. They have no clue what they're talking about. Always make sure to ask a Bus Driver... we're always more than happy to help you out in any way possible, and advise you on the best route at the current time

Tyler

What you said is so very true!!! It is amazing the answers you will get if you ask someone who is not a transportation person!

My dad has said this along even when a "non-bus" person is in some capacity within a bus company!

Originally posted by fa mulan
Since it's our first trip, I can't tell you if it's accurate or not (may others can), but I did like looking at it just to get a sense of travel time....

Having taken a look at some of those times, I can tell you some of them are out of whack... I just tried to do Epcot to French Quarter, it's telling me it'll be 26 mins... I can do it in 7 minutes... 10 if I hit both the red lights. And yes, that is doing the speed limit. All Star Sports to Magic Kingdom... 29 minutes? It typically takes me 28 mins for a round trip... one way being 13 minutes.

So... *shrug* use the info as you wish.

Thank you for the information. I looked up the Laughing Place that fa Mulan gave. That was fun to play with.
I may just heed Tylers advice and transfer closest to my destination. We are staying at the AKL, and my main concern was how to get from AKL to Contemporary and GF for breakfasts. And then from there to Downtown Disney. Didn't know if it would be too inconvenient .
Thank you for your help.

RedE2go and Chip and Dale Express,

Thanks for the thread and info. We will be at AKL 3/11-16 and the Unofficial Guide says to plan like 50 minutes to get to MK, and longer to get to MK resorts! We plan to eat at Contemp (Chef Mickey's) and Poly (Ohana) and I was thinking of getting a cab so as not to waste an hour travelling each way. But it looks like it may not take THAT long.

Mainebound:p

Don't forget... we also provide Character Breakfast busses from 7:00am - 8:00am that can take you DIRECTLY to the resort in which you're having breakfast. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter