Is there a way to report fraudulent DAS?

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
I just became aware of a situation in my extended family that is completely bogus. Other than calling them out personally, is there any recourse with Disney?

Thanks

I just became aware of a situation in my extended family that is completely bogus. Other than calling them out personally, is there any recourse with Disney?

Thanks
So .............. does all the extended family know what they are doing? I mean it would be very disappointing to me if I found out another member is lying about something this serious. :scratchin Sometimes peer pressure is a good thing.

You can report it to Disney - not sure if they will do anything (They won't even address line cutting when it happens in front of their faces) but it's possible they might flag the family for the next time they request one and ask more specific questions.

Not really. Even if you could it’s your word against theirs. Disney isn’t going to get into the middle of that. Assume that karma will sort it out in the end.
I hope that is true. So many would not think it's wrong, but it they are smart enough to beat the system, they deserve it.

It seems like it could be a bit of a slippery slope. Dealing with the numbers of people they deal with, they're not going to get everything right 100% of the time. And I'd rather they erred on the side of giving accommodation to some people who might not really need it rather than on the side of denying it to even one person who does.

Being extended family is there a possibility that you don't have all the information? I don't share with my extended family all of my son's needs that contribute to why he was granted a DAS.

Even if you are 100% correct though, I don't think reporting to Disney would do any good for this very reason (as well as the others mentioned in this thread)

Families tend to make assumptions or spread wildly erroneous information.

Unless an immediate family member of the DAS person or the DAS person bragged to you about having gotten it though not entitled, I'd be wary of believing what you've heard otherwise.

My dad's family was quick to jump on some tidbit and spread it. After a cousin of mine divorced her husband (Catholic family so big scandal), the family story was that he'd beaten her till she lost hearing in one ear.

The hearing loss was true but due to an auditory nerve tumor, she told me years later. And he never beat her either.

I don't see the point in doing this. If you think there's real medical abuse going on, you need to go to real authorities.

Riding three Disney rides is not going to change anything.

As otherss have stated, I don't think reporting them to Disney would do anything. There's also the possibility that the person that received the DAS really needs it. People have chronic illnesses that wreak havoc on their health but they look like nothing is wrong with them in their day to day appearance, when in fact, they are very sick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter