Is there any value of doing a Character Breakfast in the Parks vs at a Resort?

Thinking

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to understand if it matters whether or not you attend a Character Breakfast in a Park or in a Resort (like the Contemporary).

Does an in park breakfast get you earlier access to the rides?

Also, if you attend a character breakfast at the Contemporary, can you park your car there the whole day or do you have to park elsewhere? (we're staying offsite)

Thanks in advance for any info.

as early as we can get them. I have 2 teens and a baby and the teens like to get into the park early when they finish eating so they can be "first riders" somehere. Plus, with eating early you can get some great castle pics w/o a lot of people standing around. Last week got baby's pic w/ her cinderella dress on in front of the castle and not a soul around. Great shots!!

I'm planning to use the character breakfast as a way to get a jump on the crowd during our Christmas trip. I didn't even think about the great pictures we can get at the time.

We did character breakfasts last week to get into MK earlier. We were first at rope drop to fantasyland the first day and among the first 50 people in on the second day. Plus we did not have to stay in line to get into the park. It worked out great. I really recoment it but I suggest an 8am ressie to give yourself time to eat and meet characters without feeling rushed to get out in time for rope drop.

Definite plus if you are going to a special event like MNSSHP or MVMCP. It is a way to stay in the parks while Disney clears them for the parties. There is usually the free picture taking area set up near the restaurants, so you really don't have much of a wait in line.

In answer to parking at the resort and going to the parks, the answer would be no. You are issued a 3 hour parking pass for character meals because parking is limited and it is the same lot used by guests staying at the Contemparary.

If you use Park Hopper tickets as opposed to Length-of-Stay passes, one advantage to a character breakfast at a resort is that you aren't using valueable park time while you're there. For example, you could do a character breakfast at a resort on your first or last day or on a day when you're not planning to go any of the major parks (maybe just a water park or something).....you can relax and take your time and not be thinking that maybe you should be getting in line for rides because you've paid big bucks for park admission.

If you do decide to do a character meal at a park, be sure to pick your time carefully. We had an early seating at Cinderella's Royal Table (which I was thankful that we got), but I kept thinking that we were eating during prime ride time because the park wasn't yet too crowded. Hindsight made me realize I should have scheduled the latest time available....it would have been an early lunch/late breakfast but we wouldn't have been missing the shortest ride waits. Granted, this was a minor concern in the big scheme, because this was the highlight of our trip for my 4yo DD, so if that was my only option, I'd do it again in a minute.

Have a great trip.

We only go to WDW about every 3 or 4 years, so we like to maximize our park time. We have thought about leaving the parks to eat at a resort and then returning to the parks, but we did not want to lose the time it would take to travel to and fro.

We would only eat at a resort if it was a non-park day.

We also want to maximize park time.

That's why we were thinking of doing an early Character breakfast that ends before the park opens.

Though now I understand the hassle of having to move my car after the meal to the regular parking lots for the park.

Maybe we would be better off parking at the park we plan on going to and take the Disney trasportation to the Character Breakfast location -- say park in the MK parking lot and then take the monorail to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's character breakfast.

One question -- will the monorail be running that early in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter