Is there fishing at POR?

Pammy jo

DIS Veteran
I suddenly found myself with another day tagged onto our vacation and we'll be at POR. My DS are little and would like to go fishing (not the excursion type, just a little pole by the dock). Is there fishing there and poles to rent? If anyone has done this please relay some info my way. Thanks!

We had a blast this June!!! We had always said we were going to try the pole fishing.

We were staying the first half of our trip @ PO-R, so we gave it a try!

It was so much fun. We each caught several fish. The CM at the fishing booth was a big help.

We got the family pack--it has 4 poles, but we really needed only 2.

Give it a try!:D

The kids were catching fish like crazy in July. Plus, the pool bar is right around the corner. Very relaxing. The kids'll love it.

Hi Pammy Jo -

Just got back from POR, and my stepson took both the little ones fishing while I ran around. The fishing booth is tucked away, really cute, past Ol' Man Island. There's a sign that says last rods rented at 2:30 PM.
He also did a half hour surrey bike ride with them - there are paths - really lovely.
I also took out a little pontoon boat with them for half an hour.

Plenty to do at this resort. You could take all day and go visit POFQ's pool and all the quiet pools, too!

Enjoy! Hope the fish are biting!

melomouse

Yes, there is, and we were going to do it, but the last pole has to be rented by 2 pm, so get there early!

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll be sure to get there early enough. My DS will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter