Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
We do not care for Via Napoli. We found it to be mostly flavorless. Sadly, I would do Pizze Rizzo over Via Napoli. :( :crazy2:😲🤯

We saw Blaze Pizza has a good rating, but really was hoping for something that is not a chain. (we do not care for Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc)

We do not care for Via Napoli. We found it to be mostly flavorless. Sadly, I would do Pizze Rizzo over Via Napoli. :( :crazy2:😲🤯

We saw Blaze Pizza has a good rating, but really was hoping for something that is not a chain. (we do not care for Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, etc)
Depends on what you consider good pizza. I live in Florida, so my palate has acclimated to what passes for pizza here. I like Blaze, but I also like Via Napoli. I have heard good things about Pizza Ponte in DS, but have not tried it yet.

there is no really good pizza in the entire state of Florida

I really like the wood fire pizza at Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios, but I have to eat GF. They have one of the best GF crusts I’ve ever had so the regular one can’t be too bad either.

Anthony’s coal fired has good pizza it was started locally by us in south Florida but is has since franchised and they have a location in Orlando. Their onion roasted chicken wings are amazing there too.

And good bagels
There is a place called Stuff a Bagel across the street from WDW cast parking that has very good bagels. Good sandwiches too - have had the chicken salad and the Jersey Turnpike (pork roll, egg, cheese on a hard roll) and both were great.

There's a pizza place next door that says they use NYC water...it was a bit disappointing.

I really like the wood fire pizza at Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios, but I have to eat GF. They have one of the best GF crusts I’ve ever had so the regular one can’t be too bad either.
DW is GF. We have seen little correlation between GF crust quality and regular crust quality, even at pizza restaurants that make their own GF crust.

A lot of places use a commercial GF crust (from Udi’s) if they don’t have their own crust available. In fact, I thought that Mama Melrose’s used an Udi crust for their GF pizza, but that may have changed. In any case, we agree that it’s a decent GF option at WDW.

Living close to WDW I'd agree that there is no good pizza unless you like Via Napoli. However, we have found a pizza we like at the Crooked Can brewery in Winter Garden. Its about a 20+ minute drive from WDW property.

I disagree that you can't find good pizza in Florida. In South Florida, we have a restaurant that serves excellent pizza. We also have a Blaze Pizza. I consider it fast food pizza that is cheaper that most pizza places near us. It will do for a cheap pizza in a hurry. If great pizza is your top priority, I wouldn't choose Blaze.

Last edited:
DW is GF. We have seen little correlation between GF crust quality and regular crust quality, even at pizza restaurants that make their own GF crust.

A lot of places use a commercial GF crust (from Udi’s) if they don’t have their own crust available. In fact, I thought that Mama Melrose’s used an Udi crust for their GF pizza, but that may have changed. In any case, we agree that it’s a decent GF option at WDW.
It’s definitely not an udis crust at Mama Melrose, it’s a bit softer and fluffier but still crisps up nicely at the bottom. Udi’s crust becomes hard as a rock and hard to chew very quickly.

If you put Pizza Rizzo above Via Napoli, I honestly have no idea what you consider good pizza.

Many say it doesn't exist in Florida. But there are places in Florida that are run by transplants from areas with excellent pizza, so yes, it does exist. But again, if Pizza Rizzo is better than Via Napoli, you're on your own.

Living close to WDW I'd agree that there is no good pizza unless you like Via Napoli. However, we have found a pizza we like at the Crooked Can brewery in Winter Garden. Its about a 20+ minute drive from WDW property.
Did not know Crooked Can had pizza, will have to try it.

Haven't been yet (it's only been around a few months) but I have heard good things about Fire & Knife Pizza, also in Winter Garden but it would be closer to WDW.

If you put Pizza Rizzo above Via Napoli, I honestly have no idea what you consider good pizza.

Many say it doesn't exist in Florida. But there are places in Florida that are run by transplants from areas with excellent pizza, so yes, it does exist. But again, if Pizza Rizzo is better than Via Napoli, you're on your own.
Agreed. Different tastes for different folks. But we think there is no 'great' pizza at WDW, but Via Napoli is the one we like best and visit many trips. Pizza Rizzo is not a place we'll return to. We'd rather do without.

Nope - good pizza does not exist in Florida … I think there are pizza look a likes in Florida which some may rave about, but it’s pretty much where the comparison stops -

I am not suggesting Pizze Rizzo is "good". My point is that Via Napoli is that bad. The crust is bland, like cardboard. The toppings lack flavor. The sauce leaves a lot to be desired. Not worth the price.

Nope - good pizza does not exist in Florida … I think there are pizza look a likes in Florida which some may rave about, but it’s pretty much where the comparison stops -
Some of you amaze me. I can't imagine eating at every restaurant serving pizza in the state of Florida. That's quite the accomplishment. How do you find the time? :p

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter