Is this fake, is this a rumor?

You cannot meet tinker bell in disney world. It's been a while. She also is not in the fireworks show. That's been a while as well. Sounds like Disneyland still has some of the good stuff!

Past management really thru the company into a tailspin and got most of this balderdash started as a result.
Disney is a progressive company, and I wouldn't expect their position on social issues to change regardless of "management." (Though some management has been better at implementing and/or communicating those changes than others.)

The real issue is clickbait websites who create sensationalistic headlines to attract readers. Worked on you. Someone earned a few pennies when you read that link. Best advice is to learn which websites to avoid. If a story is accurate, many other Disney fan sites will cover it. And many will do so with a lot more integrity.

As long as people keep clicking on garbage, we're going to keep getting more and more garbage. Tune out the noise.

Tinkerbell still comes down during the fireworks show and has her float in Festival of Fantasy parade
I've seen her in the float of course, but I haven't seen her come down the line during fireworks. Maybe I'm just not noticing or in the right spot.

I've seen her in the float of course, but I haven't seen her come down the line during fireworks. Maybe I'm just not noticing or in the right spot.
The night we were underneath was the week before last Christmas. It’s possible some nights they don’t have somebody to do it?

The night we were underneath was the week before last Christmas. It’s possible some nights they don’t have somebody to do it?

They don't do it if wind conditions are high or if there are any other weather issues. They make this determination very close to go time, but there are nights where she won't fly for that reason - Usually she does though - I saw her twice in one night at an After Hours event a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Sad that you have to see something like that and even wonder.
Considering some of the nonsense that comes out of Disney, is it really that surprising people ask? Look at the whole situation behind the Snow White live-action film. It was a failure before it was released, and pulled prior to hitting theaters for that reason. Same with the Pirates ride and the redhead. Many of their movies for the last 8 years or so have been about changing the image of characters as they were originally created. It is no secret that Disney pushes certain ideologies. This would honestly fit right in.

Considering some of the nonsense that comes out of Disney, is it really that surprising people ask? Look at the whole situation behind the Snow White live-action film. It was a failure before it was released, and pulled prior to hitting theaters for that reason. Same with the Pirates ride and the redhead. Many of their movies for the last 8 years or so have been about changing the image of characters as they were originally created. It is no secret that Disney pushes certain ideologies. This would honestly fit right in.

Snow White has not been pulled, only delayed.

Past management really thru the company into a tailspin and got most of this balderdash started as a result.
You do realize that Iger, being executive chairman, still gave his nod of approval to anything being done by Chapek? I will not defend Chapek, but he was the fall guy/scapegoat for decisions Disney Corporation and Blackrock knew would not go over with the majority of their fanbase. (that can mean anything from park goers to move watchers)

You do realize that Iger, being executive chairman, still gave his nod of approval to anything being done by Chapek? I will not defend Chapek, but he was the fall guy/scapegoat for decisions Disney Corporation and Blackrock knew would not go over with the majority of their fanbase. (that can mean anything from park goers to move watchers)
Yes I do and Iger is culpable. They way over-paid for the Fox purchase that was on his watch and one of the worst moves the company has ever done. Insider deals on that transaction?
Chapek pushed the company over the edge. "Maybe the company might never recover" - Tom Corliss WDW News Today. I concurr.

Last edited:
Is this the new Disney grievances thread?

I wish Outrage Twitter and clickbait reporting would go away but why would it when it can so successfully catch on with the intended audience who is thirsty to have their preconceived notions reinforced.
Hardly pre-conceived. The rumors are quickly made transparent with excellent forums like this that gets the truth out there.

Hardly pre-conceived. The rumors are quickly made transparent with excellent forums like this that gets the truth out there.
Most people do not read forums like this. We are a minority in the overall Disney fandom. I still see this story being posted on other social media sites and touted as the truth despite it being immediately debunked.

Yeah, but they didn't pull it for the reasons that you cite. They certainly haven't recast.
He's 100% correct. They "delayed" it to give themselves time to come up with a strategy and let the backlash blow over. Disney knew/knows this movie will be a box office train wreck.

Considering some of the nonsense that comes out of Disney, is it really that surprising people ask? Look at the whole situation behind the Snow White live-action film. It was a failure before it was released, and pulled prior to hitting theaters for that reason.
I'm with you. They pulled it in hopes that the backlash will blow over. It's obvious.

He's 100% correct. They "delayed" it to give themselves time to come up with a strategy and let the backlash blow over. Disney knew/knows this movie will be a box office train wreck.

I'm with you. They pulled it in hopes that the backlash will blow over. It's obvious.
Spot on @Darklord77

The girl filling the role of Snow White openly said in interviews that they intended to change the story because they needed to change the image of the character from the animated version. She said they needed to "fix" her and make her palatable for today's audience. She said they have to change the dwarfs so that they are not offending people with stereotypes. All of this received a great deal of backlash and became known as Snow Woke, instead of Snow White, in many places on social media. As you said, Disney knew how this would turn out and now they have given themselves time to rethink.

There was an earnings call (I cannot find the link at the moment, but it does exist) and when 2025 films were discussed, this new Snow White was not brought up (same for the next Tron movie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter