Is this feasible?

DisneyFan09

DIS Veteran
When we arrive at the airport we are going to rent a car and drive to Cocoa Beach and then the next day drive to WDW. We don't want to keep the car the whole time we are there so I'm thinking of dropping the car off at The Dolphin and then going to Epcot from there. Can we walk to Epcot from the Dolphin? I know the rental will be about $25 more to drop off at a different location than pick-up but that's okay. Then when we leave we will do a one-way trip with Mears or maybe a Towncar or even a taxi. Does anyone know how much taxi fare would be from the Poly to MCO? I don't really want to do Mears because I think we will have to leave the resort much earlier than if we had a car or taxi.

Anyway, does this all sound feasible. It seems a little complicated to me but it seems to be the most cost effective. If anyone has a better plan, I'd love to hear it!!

You can walk to Epcot from the Dolphin or you can take the boat from either the Dolphin/Swan or the Yacht Club/Beach Club. Walking is probably faster, but we also like to walk to help work off those WDW calories!!

I haven't taken a taxi from WDW but I think I remember others posting that it's usually around $50 one way ... I think that was tip included but my memory may be lapsing.

Hope you have a great trip...

I'm almost positive that a towncar would be cheaper than a cab. We normally use Happy Limo, but once we did an unexpected change/extentsion of a trip and took a cab from PO to MCO. I don't remember the exact cost, but I do recall that it was definitely more! If you go the cab route, they can call one for you from the bell desk.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter