Is this pkg a good deal? Only have 24 hrs to decide!!!

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
I called AAA travel after speaking directly with Disney. The nice CM had tried to convince me that getting a package would be better $$$-wise for us than booking everything seperately. The LOVELY agent at AAA quoted us the following, for a visit to the world October 1-7:

1 night tower room/MK-view at the CR, 5 nights standard -view at the BC, park tix with everything except no-expiration (we don't need that feature), air, transfers from airport to hotel and back, the Dining option for all 7 days and travel insurance: $2952.90

We MUST have travel insurance a) because it's hurricane season, and b) because we are farm owners and there is a distinct possibility that we may have to cancel last minute due to a myriad of issues ranging from sick horses, or not having a farm sitter.

We are flying in at an AWESOME time..Delta out of Greensboro, NC at 5:25 am non-stop, arriving around 7am-ish, and leaving to come home at 9:45pm.

So is this deal worth it or am I somehow missing something or is there a better, cheaper way.

For how many?

And why only 24 hours?

Have you tried pricing this out yourself?

You can go to mousesavers.com to find out what the room would cost without any discounts.

For ticket prices, go to allearsnet.com and look under the planning tab.

The dining plan is $35 for adults and $10 for kids (3-9) before tax which is 6.5%.

I think I've given you the tools to figure out how much this will cost without the air fare.

As far as transportation goes -- Disney is offering Magical Express to all their on-property guests so that wouldn't cost anything additional.

October can be a fairly good month for air fare deals -- but I have no idea what a good fare from where you are to Orlando would be for October -- maybe others can assist with that.

Now you should be able to figure out whether this is a good deal or not. :flower:

Just giving you a bump over to Resorts for more answers. :)

I asked for MK view, and am hoping since it isn't a terribly crowded time that they can accomodate us.

The 24 hrs is apparently because that is how long the airfare quote will last. Naturally I could wait longer than 24 hrs but then the price may be subject to change (up or down) as the airfare fluxuates.

PS..as it is our HONEYMOON, there are only 2 adults!

I'm just micro-managing this trip and losing my mind in the process. I called central reservations (or whatever the heck they are calling it now) and was quoted a ROOM ONLY AAA rate for 1 night at the CR in the tower and 6 nights at BC in a standard view for $1719.47 for two adults. Add onto that the MYW tix with all the features EXCEPT "non-expiring" for 284.44 per person and so far my honeymoon looks to be around a total of $2288.35 without airfare. Of course after 3 days of searching travelocity/cheaptickets/expedia etc...the best price on the best flight seems to be anywhere from $250-$293 per person. So using the most expensive number I figure my honeymoon now costs $2962.35 without food and souvenirs.

AAA travel can get me insurance, and the dining option (MYW dining) for ten dollars LESS than al the little individual things booked seperately. So unless the MYW dining sucks terrily or I can get those MYW tix super cheap elsewhere (or by some miracle the airline drops it's prices) itr seems that the pkg IS cheaper/a better deal?

Hi. You will have to have the tickets added to your room reservation to add the dining plan. So it must be a package to get the dining. You can book your room with a discount like AAA; purchase your tickets through a ticket wholesaler like ticketmania.com but dining would need to on your own. I would suggest a good TA. Ask your AAA representative if he or she has passed the College of Disney Knowledge. If not a good TA should be able to meet their pricing since they are not offering you any discounts except on the room it looks like. If a code or package deal comes out for your time fram your TA can add it to your ressie; not the case with a AAA reservation. They would have to cancel and rebook.

Sale fares are always paid right a way. You can go online and look at Delta or Independance Air. They seem to be running pretty good fares. But I'm not sure how many months out for online bookings are available yet.

Hope this helps a little

Unless the rules changed you'll have to buy a separate park ticket for your night at CR or your dining package will start at BC. In other words you'll have to buy a one day park ticket and a 6 day. You'll probably pay an extra $50.

You'll probably want to just stay at BC the whole trip or start your meal plan your second day when you check in to the BC.

MK view is probably a popular request. It's your honeymoon, you have a good shot but a LV room at the POLY is probably a better bet.

I live in Summerfield, and would normally fly out of G'boro myself, but often times if you drive to Raleigh you can get a good fare on Southwest, too. From Mocksville it would only be about 2 hours to RDU, so that isn't too bad for you. There is NO WAY you should have to pay more than $150 MAX per person for airfare to Orlando from G'boro. I know Independence Air can get you there at least that cheap, and I bet you could snag a $79 fare on Southwest out of RDU if you wanted. Flight times might not be as good, but then you'll have to weigh whether you want to spend more money for your flight times, or take other flight times and have more money to spend (that would be the option I'd take!!).

For only 2 of you, I bet you could go for $2,500 or less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter