Is valet parking at the Disney deluxe hotels still free to those with handicap placards or license?

Bete

DIS Veteran
It's been about 5 years since my last visit. I understand a tip is expected, but the cost of valet parking was waived for those with handicap placards. Is this still true?

We want to drive our car to the Grand Floridian for a restaurant meal.

Do you tip both times or only when you pick up your car?

We used it last Spring. My husband is usually the one giving the tip - I think he gave a tip only when we picked it up.

I am an overtipper - I admit it.

I tip when they take my car to park it, and again when we get it back. That's just me - other people I travel with tell me they feel it is appropriate to tip when the Valet gets your car and brings it to you, that it is unnecessary for the CM who does "just" the parking to be tipped.

I feel like it's similar to housekeepers at WDW; since you don't know from day to day (or time to time) who you will have assisting you, I tip everyone who helps with the car.

Again - that's just me, my personal preference.

We tend to valet park our car when we arrive at WDW, and typically don't touch it again until we load it with luggage to leave, so my tipping expenses are less than someone who is driving back and forth everywhere on property. I *love* letting Disney do all the driving while I'm on vacation! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter