It’s a...WDWKOOK LIVE TRIP of FIRSTS! TRIP SUMMARY PAGE 17!

Might be able to add another first to the list...it might be the first time anyone has wanted to so quickly leave the Tower Club!

Room was clean and lovely, as is the view and balcony. However, the lounge isn't so lovely. Here are my honest observations:

~Lack of rooms doesn't mean lack of people. I thought the lounge would be peaceful and empty. But, the suites must be mighty large because they were all full and teeming with people. At one point maybe 25 got off the elevator, walked past the lounge, and past my room to a suite.

~My only request was to not have a connecting door, so I had two! I could hear everything and I knew that it would only get worse as the evening went on.

~There are only 4 tables and a couple of easy chairs and love seats in the lounge. Large groups were in there with their feet up on the cocktail table like they were at home. Half the seats are a long sofa or bench and when you sit in them, you sink, so I sat in a chair facing a wall. None of this made me look forward to breakfast.

~Nothing at all was labeled nor was their electronic menu pad working. I asked about this and was told that they didn't serve what was on the menu so they didn't turn it on. When I mentioned that other CLs label the food, the CM said she didn't know that and she learned something new.

~There were only 3 hot items, and two were inedible and one I passed on. The potstickers were all stuck together. The mac & cheese was a gloopy mound of gelatinous goo. I hadn't had dinner so I thought I'd treat myself to some, but a treat, it wasn't. The bowl slid around the hot pad as I tried to scoop it out and then, most of it stuck to the spoon. I tried one bite and it was cold and shouldn't have been served at all. The CM asked me how I liked everything and I told her honestly about the mac. and then I noticed the uneaten bowl sitting on the table next to me. She said she'd tell someone. Okeydokey.

~I took some cheese which was tasty, but also mysterious and unlabeled. As I plated a piece, a guy in his 20s(?) proceeded to pick up cheese with his fingers. That was pretty much it for me.

Wasn't feeling it at all for Tower Club and it fell well below my expectations so I went downstairs and spoke with a manager who first offered Atrium Club, which I declined, and then a one bedroom suite in the Garden Wing. He even offered it at the rate what I paid for TC. I also declined his kind CL offers and asked for my favorite tried and true, non-CL room in the Tower facing Bay Lake. He was even able to get me far from CM and no connecting door! I'm so happy to have moved.

I'll post room photos tomorrow. Must.Get.Sleep.

Good for you for not putting up with a CL that was an unfortunate place to be. I'm glad that they made a good attempt at making it better, and hopefully it all improves from here.

I was wondering if you would instead wind up across Bay Lake at WL. WL CL in a construction zone beats the crowded yuck you experienced. On to the next...

About a 30 min. Magical Distress wait in line. Currently getting 0 miles per gallon. But, without ADRs or FPs today, I won't be late to anything;)
Better to wait on the bus than at an airport rental car desk!!!
Someone may have packed their MBs in their checked bag:rolleyes1. I'm not ready to admit to it yet so I'll just tell the CR CM I'm opting for a KTTW card.
Thank you, now I know to give my SIL a reminder to pack her MBs in her carryons!

Your post about the Tower lounge made me want to cry, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honesty. We are planning our first trip to WDW, and part of my planning depends on breakfasts in the CL. If I had faced what you did, I probably would have cried!
Maybe things will improve by the time we go, but I think I will adjust my plans for now.

But I am curious. Why didn't you want to go to the Atrium Club? Was it because you already tried it?

Last edited:
Late to the party but looking forward to more updates. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Tower Club. We will be in the Atrium Club for Spring Break. I sure hope they pull themselves together by then. :flower3:

Before I head to the gym, breakfast and then MK, some "before" and "after" photos. Will post lounge photos later.

Tower Club "STD CL," two queens, two connecting doors, sits between two suites.

I posted the sink area yesterday. There is also a separate commode with on additional sink which a non-TC room doesn't have. There was no separate shower as with some STD CL rooms, only a tub which looked smaller than a non-TC room.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
STD Tower Room (non-CL/Bay Lake View):

image.jpeg

Cheese wheel pillows never returned...
image.jpeg

But, the diabolical sinks are still here:
image.jpeg

Welcome addition, like at GF, of laundry basket for soiled towels:
image.jpeg

Toiletries were in fact the same for both CL and non-CL:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Might be able to add another first to the list...it might be the first time anyone has wanted to so quickly leave the Tower Club!

Room was clean and lovely, as is the view and balcony. However, the lounge isn't so lovely. Here are my honest observations:

~Lack of rooms doesn't mean lack of people. I thought the lounge would be peaceful and empty. But, the suites must be mighty large because they were all full and teeming with people. At one point maybe 25 got off the elevator, walked past the lounge, and past my room to a suite.

~My only request was to not have a connecting door, so I had two! I could hear everything and I knew that it would only get worse as the evening went on.

~There are only 4 tables and a couple of easy chairs and love seats in the lounge. Large groups were in there with their feet up on the cocktail table like they were at home. Half the seats are a long sofa or bench and when you sit in them, you sink, so I sat in a chair facing a wall. None of this made me look forward to breakfast.

~Nothing at all was labeled nor was their electronic menu pad working. I asked about this and was told that they didn't serve what was on the menu so they didn't turn it on. When I mentioned that other CLs label the food, the CM said she didn't know that and she learned something new.

~There were only 3 hot items, and two were inedible and one I passed on. The potstickers were all stuck together. The mac & cheese was a gloopy mound of gelatinous goo. I hadn't had dinner so I thought I'd treat myself to some, but a treat, it wasn't. The bowl slid around the hot pad as I tried to scoop it out and then, most of it stuck to the spoon. I tried one bite and it was cold and shouldn't have been served at all. The CM asked me how I liked everything and I told her honestly about the mac. and then I noticed the uneaten bowl sitting on the table next to me. She said she'd tell someone. Okeydokey.

~I took some cheese which was tasty, but also mysterious and unlabeled. As I plated a piece, a guy in his 20s(?) proceeded to pick up cheese with his fingers. That was pretty much it for me.

Wasn't feeling it at all for Tower Club and it fell well below my expectations so I went downstairs and spoke with a manager who first offered Atrium Club, which I declined, and then a one bedroom suite in the Garden Wing. He even offered it at the rate what I paid for TC. I also declined his kind CL offers and asked for my favorite tried and true, non-CL room in the Tower facing Bay Lake. He was even able to get me far from CM and no connecting door! I'm so happy to have moved.

Sorry you had a less then magical Tower Club experience :(

I had just read your report then was catching up on the CL thread. There is a post there echoing your experience... Sounds like it wasn't the place to be last evening.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-and-questions.3414590/page-302#post-56412675

Glad to know you aren't a vampire, although still sneaky mysterious with that photo. :lmao:

While I've never stayed at CR, been twice at BLT next door and do enjoy the Lake View. Have a great remainder of your trip.

Wow, that CL experience sounds really bad. We were disappointed with our first club level experience but yours falls far below what we had. Good for you for speaking up and asking to change rooms. I wished we had moved to a regular room like you did. I would have been happier if I had.

You had an awesome view with the tower club room but I have to admit, that Bay Lake view would be my favorite, too. The only way I would stay at the CR would be if I could have a view like that. :)

I am sorry about your Tower CL stay. I too am curious why you didn't take the Atrium CL? We just had a great stay there - with plenty of food offerings and very friendly and helpful CMs. I am glad that you moved - I love the Bay Lake view too.

Good morning! Can't wait for a hopefully similar GW view in November. This is great timing for getting me excited for my first solo, first CR stay. Can't wait to follow along.

Flight landed early, waiting in DME line. MCO makes me dizzy.

Glad you arrived safely! :)

Yep, it kind of all did happen, stay tuned! I feel so grown-up having an AllEars meet and greet.

Looking forward to hearing about the AllEars meet and greet :wizard:.

I'm sorry about your experience in TC. Glad you spoke up and that they were able to move you to a room/location you love ;).

Forgot to say "good morning from Bay Lake!"
View attachment 192726

What a beautiful view to wake up to :cloud9:.

I'm really enjoying your TR! Thanks for taking us along and for taking the time to post all of your great pics :goodvibes.

Stinks you had to deal with that but I completely understand you wanting out so fast as that's how we felt last year after our experience at the Poly CL - couldn't leave fast enough! So glad the new room is working out better- love, love the lake view!

I'm so sorry your first room situation didn't work out. That's a total bummer! I'd be very disappointed also. But glad you were able to be moved into something better for you. I may be in the minority but I really like the flat bottom sinks in the bathroom.

Hope you've gotten the " not so magical" bits out of the way and that the rest of your trip is fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter