Itinerary for a day and where to watch the night shows without wait?

Zaz936

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Coming to Disneyland for a single day, from Paris, with my 16 yrs old. We have purchased the premium pass (at a higher price than our entry ticket - but oh well!). We'll there on a Tuesday on March 5th.

We intend to do a full day with little stops.

We have been to Walt Disney World Orlando and Disneyland California several times.

Could you check our planned rides and say if its possible? Highlighted in bold are are absolute musts. Then, where would be the best spot to watch the night show and fireworks, if we plan on arriving about 15 minutes ahead of time? (I understand we won't get prime viewing, but what would be our best option in those circumstances?)

We plan on starting at the Studios:

Ride Crush Coaster
Ride Ratatouille
Walk into Toy Story Land and do RC Racer.
Tower of Terror
Rock ’N roller coaster
Spiderman’s WEB
Avengers

Watch Frozen
Watch Stitch

Transfer to the Parc:
- Watch Lion King
- Phantom Manor first

- Ride Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Ride Indiana Jones
- Ride Space Mountain.
- Ride Starstour
- Ride Pays des Contes Fées

- Ride Casey Junior.
- Do walkthrough like Alice’ Labyrinth, or Passage Enchanté d’Aladdin.
- Go explore the castle and don’t forget the dragon under the castle.
- Ride Peter Pan.
- Voyages de Pinnochio
- Snow White’s Scary Adventures
- Buzz Lightyear (almost identical).
- Ride Star Tours
- Small World (almost identical.

Run to the castle!
Where would see the show best?

Thank you for your help!

Isabelle

I think your plan is doable, especially with Premier Access. What will take time is waiting in line for the Lion King show. It can be hard to predict how many people will go see a show. Also depends on the weather for example.
Don't forget the option to buy guaranteed access for 15 euro per person.

I think if you stay on Mainstreet Casey's corner or closer to the entrance it should be possible to find a decent spot. Stay on the sidewalk, not the street. Plenty of people decide to leave during the fireworks. Which is terribly annoying. 😉

I notice you haven't got Big Thunder Mountain listed as a ride for the main park (best version out of all of the parks) and you've not put Mickey and the Magician show down for the Studios (I'd take that over the Stitch show). Just want to make sure you've not missed them out by accident.

I notice you haven't got Big Thunder Mountain listed as a ride for the main park (best version out of all of the parks) and you've not put Mickey and the Magician show down for the Studios (I'd take that over the Stitch show). Just want to make sure you've not missed them out by accident.
Good point, I missed that. Also waiting for the Frozen show is less rewarding than waiting the same amount of time for Mickey and the Magician.

Frozen is fighting/being lucky to get a good spot and yes it is cute, but a very different league from an actual theater and (usually) better singers.

Hi, yes, I have removed the 2 as I read they will closed on March 5th. I'll re-add them to my list in case they are open.

We staked out a hub fireworks spot in DLP for an hour and then we were really surprised that at 5 minutes to showtime everyone stood up and walked forward en masse to view the show. We ended up much closer to the castle.

So, I think if you join the fireworks crowd late/farther back you may still end up with a good view!

Be aware that most attractions in Fantasyland close early. Alice, Pays des Contes Fées and Casey Junior at sundown, most other rides a bit later to prepare for the show.

Star tour is exactly the same version as in other parks, even the line inside is mostly the same.

Be aware that most attractions in Fantasyland close early. Alice, Pays des Contes Fées and Casey Junior at sundown, most other rides a bit later to prepare for the show.

Star tour is exactly the same version as in other parks, even the line inside is mostly the same.
Oh, thank you! We might start with those then!

Oh, thank you! We might start with those then!
Or just check the app for closing times.
Pays des Contes Fees and Caset Jr. are in a quiet corner of the park. Waiting times are usually not bad. Casey Jr. is slow loading.

But I would get the big rides out of the way first before going here.

Just FYI Rock 'N Roller Coaster is now Avengers Assemble: Flight Force. Same track layout, different effects.

Ratatouille is the same as in WDW if you've been on it there.
Spiderman's WEB is the same as in Disneyland, CA (but in french).
Small World is definitely not almost identical. It just had a refurb and it has lots of not in the US parks scenes.

I'd say Pirates of the Caribbean should be a priority if you enjoy the Pirates attractions. It's different that any other version.
I would choose Alice's Labyrinth over Passage Aladdin. In my experience The Labyrinth can easily take 30 minutes. It's so fun.

Also for me the Fantasyland attractions are fun, but very close to US parks versions, they even ask if you want the narration in French or English for some. If you have time of the lines are short, they are fun, but I would not prioritize them unless they are important to you.

I didn't see the Fort walk through on your list. It's unique to DLP, just a quick walk around rooms set up as scenes from the west, but if your looking for only at DLP, this is a nice little break.

Also are you trying to see both night shows (the Studios and Disneyland?) Depending on their schedule it can be do-able, but you may need to run between parks. Also don't forget about parade schedules. They clog up the Hub and Main street area and make it basically impossible to cross. You want to be on the side of the park you want to me on 30 minutes at least before they start.

Good luck with your one day adventure. It's a great park.

This is all great info! Hy husband and I just decided to take a day trip to DLP at the end of the month. Nothing like waiting until the last minute…😅

Kristen

This is all great info! Hy husband and I just decided to take a day trip to DLP at the end of the month. Nothing like waiting until the last minute…😅

Kristen
There is a current special where you can get an Adult 1 day ticket for the kids price from now until May 5th. Just FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter