It's a Small World with a Magical Kingdom -We are Home

Yes, vacationing is a word.:lmao: You can say Holiday if you want too, we know what you mean. Except I guess you wouldn't say Holidaying. :rotfl2:

I also like the word Knackered. :thumbsup2 I have a friend here from the UK, and the first time I went to the store with her she asked where the trolley was. I was confused until I realized she was talking about what we call grocery carts. :rotfl: I am going to call her up and tell her I am knackered since my kids kept me up all night. She will love that.

Your plans look good. You are so lucky that you will have your parents to take the kids so you can go out to eat with DH. I would love to go see Cirque de Coleil ( I have no idea how to spell that). I will have to borrow your parents next time I go. :)

Yes, vacationing is a word.:lmao: You can say Holiday if you want too, we know what you mean. Except I guess you wouldn't say Holidaying. :rotfl2:

I also like the word Knackered. :thumbsup2 I have a friend here from the UK, and the first time I went to the store with her she asked where the trolley was. I was confused until I realized she was talking about what we call grocery carts. :rotfl: I am going to call her up and tell her I am knackered since my kids kept me up all night. She will love that.

Your plans look good. You are so lucky that you will have your parents to take the kids so you can go out to eat with DH. I would love to go see Cirque de Coleil ( I have no idea how to spell that). I will have to borrow your parents next time I go. :)

We are looking forward to our meal in California Grill also looking foward to Le Cellier where we will def try the cheese soup. :thumbsup2 to gran and grandad. We don't use the word vacation at all but somehow it looks better than holiday when on the DIS :)

How cute is your daughter!! That is a great picture!! Loving all your plans..well except US :( lol. California Grill used to be my favorite until our last trip...now Citricos is!

:beach:
We check out of POR on 22nd July to head down to Clearwater beach for a few days. This is the time when we will recharge our batteries and spend sometime chillin :sunny:. Our journey down will be a done at a leisurely pace with the kids watching a DVD as we travel :happytv: We did contemplate fitting in a visit to Busch Gardens on either the way down or the way back up to Orlando. Decided against this as we visited last trip. Kids want to build sandcastles on the beach so a trip to walmart for essentials will happen during our first week. We’ll no doubt check out the toys and electrical stuff whilst shopping. Oh and mum likes a look at the George area, always pick up stuff there :woohoo:

The only concern about the beach is the children being exposed to the sun so we’ll open the purse and give into the hefty charge or hiring a canopy for the day. Not staying in the Hilton on the beach this time so cannot make use of the beach area attached to this hotel which has complimentary canopy’s. Going into the sea is a different matter. DH and kids will float around and play in it where as a small paddle is enough for me. I always think if the wee fish are beside you there is something bigger behind them!. :magnify:

There is a lovely play area for the kids on the beach but it does get a little hot during the day so this will be used in the evening when we have our after dinner stroll. Our accommodation on these days has cooking facilities so we will drop by Publix on our way in just after we have crossed the Courtney Campbell Causeway :drive:. We also plan to visit shephards for some snowcrab, DH and granddad will be having that and no doubt DD1 will give some a try. DS will stick with hot dog likely.

We plan on picking up our car hire from Alamo at the swan and dolphin after we leave MK on our first. We’ll have this for the duration of our trip and drop off at the airport on the way to our departing flight :sad: we like the freedom of having a car and going back and forth to parks, shops, restaurants’ etc. We’ve still to decide on whether we need to hire two cars or just one :confused3. We know that Alamo will be the provider they are only provider we can pick up on site.

Sunset on the beach is an awesome sight, don’t you think?

2008_1023florida0135.jpg

That us for beach installment. Whilst looking over pics from last trip we found one of our faces painted from MNSSHP SSHP which we'll miss.

2008_1023florida0261.jpg

What do we plan to do once back up in orlando...................................

Everything looks absolutly FABULOUS!!!

I've never heard of the Breakfast at Beach Club... but it sounds awesome!!!

I think it's going to awesome to be there for 2 weeks, and it will DEF be nice to have the beach break. I think FL beaches are the BEST!!!

It looks like you are trying to keep your DH incognito. :lmao:The first one he has on sunglasses and hat so as not to get a good look at him. Then the picture on the beach is beautiful, but can't see DH's face because the sun is right behind him. And Last, you put a picture of him with dressed up as a pirate. :rotfl: We will never see his face.

BTW, I like how he painted the bandana around his forehead in the pirate picture. That is cute. I love your face painting as well. Did you get it done in the MK?

It looks like you are trying to keep your DH incognito. :lmao:The first one he has on sunglasses and hat so as not to get a good look at him. Then the picture on the beach is beautiful, but can't see DH's face because the sun is right behind him. And Last, you put a picture of him with dressed up as a pirate. :rotfl: We will never see his face.

BTW, I like how he painted the bandana around his forehead in the pirate picture. That is cute. I love your face painting as well. Did you get it done in the MK?

:rotfl2: we like that :) Next installment didn't have any pics of us but had looked out one of soarin to post on your TR but'll put it on here. Yeah we got the face painting done at MK during MNSSHP. This was done very late at the park and we took the pic of us when we got back to the condo.

2008_1023florida0331-1.jpg

After our rest and recharging it’s back to business. Hope everyone is keeping up okay. We’ve got lots planned for our last seven days. We’ll be checking into the Hilton DTD after our drive up from the beach. We like the fact that we still get EMHs staying at this resort. The next few days are looking like this:-

25th July – leave our chillin time and check into the Hilton DTD. Guess where we will visit for our lunch...................................................... EARL OF SANDWICH of course! Time to get some shopping and a visit to the lego store for DS. Most time will be spent playing in the lego outside likely. Shopping, shopping, shopping will happen more this week as we are not as handy to the parks as we were whilst in POR. This is one of my favourite parts it is amazing what you can cram in whilst the baby is sleeping in the pram and DD1 and DS are having an hour of relaxing at the pool with Gran and Grandad. Our resident Disney guru (DSIL) is the queen of the shops, learned lots of handy tips through the years. Withdrawal symptoms will be majorly happening now so there may be a quick trip to a park to get a dose of Disney again. Which one? Not sure will need to check out the EMHs but MK will be right up there.

26th July – Breakfast @ dare I say it.,,,... EARL OF SANDWICH! Trip to US in the morning and shopping. We’ll prob head to a mall this day. There is a few to choose from. I was very impressed with the millenia (may have titled this wrong) mall last trip, only managed a quick stop by to Abercrombie n Finch had to dash by the rest. I may have took a cheeky wee sneak into gymboree for DD1 as well :rolleyes1

27th July – Epcot. We have ADR for 9.15am Breakfast@ Akershus Royal Banquet Hall for some princess dining. Next ADR is Le Cellier for 1:30pm. Stuffed from all that we are going to head over to the boardwalk, yacht club to beaches n cream. What will we share hmmmmm it will need to be the kitchen sink :yay:

Let’s talk strollers (that would be buggies to us UK residents) having mastered the art of this since taking firstly DS when he was just over 1½, DD1 when she was just 19 weeks old ahhhhh what a wee treasure she was this trip (just slept, ate and kicked her wee legs to the Disney tunes) and now DD2 who will just have turned 1 before we go this time. That will be our celebrations this trip. DD2 turning one and her first trip. First stop off will be to get two buttons for her. We also are going to get her first haircut as well. Two buggies will be coming along for the ride this time and I can hear the arguments already between DS and DD2 about who’s turn it is. We did look at some of the hiring options but they are way too pricey. All my cooling down tricks – taking a fan along, a white sheet for nap time and freezing drinks the night before have all been passed down from DSIL. What would we have done if it wasn’t for our resident Disney guru, probably went “ you know that would have been a good idea after the kids were roasting” and we had seen another family with same ideas. Couldn’t resist sharing some pictures of our stroller from previous visits. This one will be making a final visit but not sure if it will make it back, its a little on the “done in” side.

Heres some of DS (2006) using the strollers on site, DD1 (first visit 2006) and DD1 napping after a hard day at the salon (2008) :laughing:

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN1001.jpg

DSCN0919.jpg

2008_1023florida0206.jpg

What a magical day we have planned for 29th July I’ll need to keep you hanging on this one for a little longer though. Side Note – this is DSIL birthday wonder wonder wonder if they’ll be in the plans for this day. Till next time...................................... have a magical day :cool2:

Sounds like you are ready to do some shopping!! I really need to eat at Earl of Sandwich. I am kicking myself in the butt for not doing it the last time.

Oh yeah, thanks for the american translations. :rotfl2::rotfl2: stroller=buggy

Also, thanks for the soarin pic. It is a way cute one. You all look alike! Even you and DH look alike.:goodvibes

Thought would start of this section with some background on how we came to love the world so much :cool1: Well it all started in 1997 when we booked our first trip. Novices then, don’t think we even did any planning, definitely no ADRs made or touring plans done. The first Disney park we ever visited was MK. What a day that was, me, DH (then DBF), DSIL & DBIL they gave us the bug and it has never left us since. Those were the days when digital cameras did not exist so 35mm film it was, with video camera.
We visited every year until DS was born. In September 1998 we celebrated our engagement and decided our honeymoon in 2000 would have to be a Disney cruise. That was just fantastic so much so that we visited again when DS was 2. We do plan to do this again when DD2 is around 3 likely that will be our next trip after this year.

Have I bored you yet :confused3 Possibly let’s move on to our last days touring plans and our day on 29th July.

Wednesday 28th July – Blizzard Beach

Thursday 29th July – MK. We have an ADR for 11:55am at Crystal Palace. Then DD2 gets to be a princess pixiedust:. Our plan is to head back to the hotel for a pool break late in the afternoon then head over to DTD for 5:00pm to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiqu. We’ll also grab something to eat in DTD. Will need to get reading some dining reviews of DTD as not sure what our dining plans will be with the exception of Earl of Sandwich. DD2 wants to be Aurora this time around. DS is having a cool dude style, already got his colours picked out (red). Then we are heading back into MK. Originally the plan was to have an 8:00am booking at BBB but the thought of her walking around all day in the heat wasn’t fair so 5:00pm won :tinker:

Friday 30th July – Our last day :sad: just going to take this day as it comes. Last minute Disney fix, last minute shopping and last minute walk around DTD.

Saturday 31st July We - fly home around 6:00pm. Our day will be filled with checking out, eating and being in the airport. We need to check in early with our luggage. UK flyers have problems these days with luggage allowances and charges for too much luggage. Handy luggage scales are a def to take to check luggage before getting to the airport.

Well that’s us for touring plans and ADRs :thumbsup2 Next up will be our ideas on what we want to ride, those we are not bothered about and those we do not want to ride. I’ll leave you with Princess Belle..................

2008_1023florida0186.jpg

2008_1023florida0201.jpg

2008_1023florida0259.jpg

OK, your DD looks so beautiful as Belle. Where in the world did you go to get a picture with both Cinderella and Prince Charming. I am jealous that you got that.

OMG how cute is she!! I love BBB!!! We saw it on the Samantha Brown anniversary show and DF asked if I could go there....I wish!! HAHA! Great plans!!!

DTD restaurant suggestion...I love Raglan Road AND Wolfgangs. They bought have TS and CS locations!!

OK, your DD looks so beautiful as Belle. Where in the world did you go to get a picture with both Cinderella and Prince Charming. I am jealous that you got that.

She just loves to dress up its all about dresses, shoes, gloves and tiara's :cutie: Picture was taken beside "It's a Small World" at MNSSHP. We did queue for a little while but not a long time. Our resident disney guru (DSIL) was on the ball again and knew where to go :worship:. They bring out cinderella's carriage also, really beautiful especially cause its dark and all lite up.

OMG how cute is she!! I love BBB!!! We saw it on the Samantha Brown anniversary show and DF asked if I could go there....I wish!! HAHA! Great plans!!!

DTD restaurant suggestion...I love Raglan Road AND Wolfgangs. They bought have TS and CS locations!!

Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter