It's MARVEL-ous on the MAGIC! Oct 2017 Canada Coast Cruise COMPLETE! See Ya Real Soon!

WOW! I loved reading your updates. First the Rainforest Room - it's been quite a few years but I'm hoping to check it out on our next cruise (which is on the Magic, so it's getting some sort of renovation during the upcoming dry dock). And your Palo photos! Great pics, and I'm glad you all had a great time there. I'm sad about the strawberry soup being off the menu (it's a family favorite and we don't usually like go to WDW buffets) but how nice your server was to bring you some anyway! :cloud9: Looking forward to your next update!

O.M.Goodness!!!! I am SO glad I read this update AFTER lunch!! :) Everything looks incredible! We ate at Palo on our cruise for dinner, and would have been given a complimentary bottle of wine as part of our Honeymoon package....except we don't drink wine. So, they graciously gave us all the cans of Miller Lite we could drink LOL

What a day ! I love going to a spa. Steam is my fave. And just being able to relax is always nice.
That brunch = wow.

Another fabulous Palo brunch in the books! This is a must-do when on a Disney cruise! And the more people you go with, the better as you can try more dishes and share them. Steve's parents enjoyed themselves, they thought the food was very good. Steve's dad really enjoyed the desserts. I think he definitely has a sweet tooth! Steve's aunt was overwhelmed by all the food, but we all told her this is what it's like on a cruise in America! Haha. I believe the cost is about 30 dollars per person? It's well worth it though! Best 30 bucks I ever spent on a cruise!

Everything looked so incredible! And you know I'm a fan of being able to order multiple entrees :rotfl: I can't believe it's only $30 too that's a really good price for all of that.

This was a tropical baked vanilla yogurt. Very good! A bit like panna cotta.

This was a total surprise the first time I tried it. Now it's one of my favorite things.

I think we were quite full by the time it came to dessert so we could only get a few each.

Only a few. :worship: That sums up the Palo experience nicely. :laughing:

Did they have the fresh cut parmesan and prosciutto? That was one of my favorite things on the Wonder this summer.

Palo brunch looks amazing! We have a reservation for Palo brunch next month on the Wonder. Every Palo brunch review makes me kind of sad, though, since I am gluten intolerant and don't like seafood. All the food looks amazing, but there are so many things (namely all the desserts...) that I can't have! :headache: I know they'll come up with something delicious for me, and that DH will love it, and I'm going mostly for him anyway!

Also, your review is making me want to buy Rainforest Room passes, even though I'm sure we wouldn't get much use out of them!

Well my lunch of a bowl of soup and a diet coke looked pitifully shamed in comparison to all that yumminess. That would be the best $30 spent on a cruise!

Palo brunch looks amazing! We have a reservation for Palo brunch next month on the Wonder. Every Palo brunch review makes me kind of sad, though, since I am gluten intolerant and don't like seafood. All the food looks amazing, but there are so many things (namely all the desserts...) that I can't have! :headache: I know they'll come up with something delicious for me, and that DH will love it, and I'm going mostly for him anyway!

Also, your review is making me want to buy Rainforest Room passes, even though I'm sure we wouldn't get much use out of them!

Hey @DisneyPiPhi Could you let me know how that Palo Brunch turns out? I'm also Gluten Intolerant and we are planning to do the brunch on our cruise next year. I'd like to prepare myself for what to expect. ;)

Wow! This brunch looks amazing!! I laughed about you being a lush compared to Steve's family! :laughing:

I know, it's so funny. I mean, Steve can drink more than I can, so I don't know how I became a lush. Maybe he didn't want to drink that much in front of his parents, LOL. We had a bottle of wine in our room, which was where we got most of our libations throughout the week.

WOW! I loved reading your updates. First the Rainforest Room - it's been quite a few years but I'm hoping to check it out on our next cruise (which is on the Magic, so it's getting some sort of renovation during the upcoming dry dock). And your Palo photos! Great pics, and I'm glad you all had a great time there. I'm sad about the strawberry soup being off the menu (it's a family favorite and we don't usually like go to WDW buffets) but how nice your server was to bring you some anyway! :cloud9: Looking forward to your next update!

Oooh I can't wait to see the renovations to the Rainforest Room. I'd really love them to modernize it. Obviously they can't change the structure too much and add a window somewhere but they should add a couple more loungers. There was one timeI went and they were all full (but there are only a few of them, think like 4 at most 5).
I was sad about the strawberry soup too but I mustn't have been the only one who asked for it if they could whip it up so quickly! I don't know why they took it off the menu, it seemed so popular! Love Palo brunch!

O.M.Goodness!!!! I am SO glad I read this update AFTER lunch!! :) Everything looks incredible! We ate at Palo on our cruise for dinner, and would have been given a complimentary bottle of wine as part of our Honeymoon package....except we don't drink wine. So, they graciously gave us all the cans of Miller Lite we could drink LOL

Haha I was glad I wrote it after my breakfast but that just made me more hungry for lunch! It is quite an incredible spread. It's just so nice to have a great relaxing meal on a cruise.
How awesome you got to honeymoon on a Disney cruise! That's wonderful you got all the Miller Lite you wanted! Haha :)

Palo brunch is the BEST. We have a cruise for 2019 booked.

That's awesome! Which cruise are you going on? We really want to do a European or Alaska cruise. I wish those had a Star Wars or Marvel Day at sea too!

What a day ! I love going to a spa. Steam is my fave. And just being able to relax is always nice.
That brunch = wow.

Steam rooms are great! I feel really good after, and combine that with a scrub, it's wonderful!
Palo is indeed WOW!

All I can say is WOW the Palo brunch looks so good!
I love of your pictures with the family.
Very nice backdrop for Anna and Elsa and your dress is very pretty.
I'm also impressed and envious of your energy getting up bright and early after your late night :thumbsup2

Everything looked so incredible! And you know I'm a fan of being able to order multiple entrees :rotfl: I can't believe it's only $30 too that's a really good price for all of that.

Haha yes you would have a ball here! And the 30 dollars is such a great price, technically it is just a supplement since all food should be included on the cruise anyways.

This was a total surprise the first time I tried it. Now it's one of my favorite things.

This surprised me too! I had no idea what to expect form a baked yogurt!
Only a few. :worship: That sums up the Palo experience nicely. :laughing:

Did they have the fresh cut parmesan and prosciutto? That was one of my favorite things on the Wonder this summer.

They did! They had everything that we've seen at Palo brunch from previous cruises. A great cheese selection including the parmesan and lots of prosciutto!

Is it your first time at Palo? I am pretty sure they do a decent job for GF eaters. I think they had a GF icon next to menu items which were gluten free like at Disney parks...I think.
But yes, desserts may be tough, but I think they can guide you to which ones are GF or make you something special.

They do sell one-day passes. You can get them on the in-room gifts and amenity menu which I think you fax in. I think you can also get them at the Spa but not sure if it is pricier once on board the ship. Don't quote me on this though as I have only gotten the weekly! It's cheaper for the week if you buy then for a couple.

Well my lunch of a bowl of soup and a diet coke looked pitifully shamed in comparison to all that yumminess. That would be the best $30 spent on a cruise!

Haha it puts most of my meals to shame. It is a great price for wonderful meal!

All I can say is WOW the Palo brunch looks so good!
I love of your pictures with the family.
Very nice backdrop for Anna and Elsa and your dress is very pretty.
I'm also impressed and envious of your energy getting up bright and early after your late night :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was a great day so far!
My dress actually has outlines of Ariel on it, but you can't really tell since it's so subtle against the black background.
It wasn't terribly early...for me. I usually wake up earlier, but guess it's amazing I even woke up at all!

Ok I'm finally joining in!!! I know I haven't been around the boards a lot lately, but I'm hoping to come back to make more contributions soon (and finish my Alaska cruise trip report! But I probably won't get back to that until January!)

Gorgeous embarkation day! Love, love the NYC skyline photos! DH really wants us to cruise out of NY one of these days so maybe in 2019?

Oh and The Wonder has Shwarma too....I only know this because between dh and I we must've eaten about 30 in Alaska :worship:

AP is a perfect start to any cruise, eating those truffle pursettes....heavenly......

Love an empty ship, 1am you have the place to yourself!

and Palo brunch....well, how can you go wrong? Now, did you ROLL out of there??:rotfl2:

The ending of your first day looked lovely. I am so glad you got to meet Jack and Sally, we saw them once at the Halloween party and I got in line very early so we could meet them! I loved the pumpkin tree so cool.

The spa sounds so wonderful, I would love to get pampered in the spa! I have had some wonderful spa experiences at resorts. I know what you mean about your skin feeling so wonderful. My skin is so dry now with the colder weather yuck!

Your brunch looks amazing. The food all photographed so well! I would love to try that someday. The Uniqlo jackets are so cute on your in-laws. Andi bought one at DS this past week and it is so cute!

I spent a lot of solo time on this cruise
Solo time is pretty fabulous, isn't it?! ;)

-OpCrbwsInpFCtJgxovTT4av4l5vvuW7xUqpmAAb-JZ7pwpu-P46JwZt8yyQl2MZSvVdR1FWQcqOdwS4_s7lKAHsePuqjI3cQXjPzqfvbLaOSlc4BmZa_uH5_ykhMAkKvIENEOxEmHQv-qIXrQMIJoI3lE3MgG3GqmtT84YpwER8CESGgXnMZG7jLO7kxgEM4oCpGr4FVf8OTqyhtc5UsGMFFcET9WDBhaHOD1K41tK23W9pqexIiuKy93TxTv0JvH0bFqPEd3BWPzBacbL7y-WCe3iie2RFeZAk4AMvM7ad_BdyB_3IPqsxIK7FSf-D_hVoKo8ceQNK0N7yTH9LGto3WwfVbZAimmWWf678rPAOdb334UoK0IrPE28Q3-thw8tJUNby6NIRO_nu4rPRgjCHRouEDXErLXH5_zwTsAiq_PgJbYMJspSdIRVhJO5JUmg8lcMW7a9MxD0G4rqBu5plzSiiZ530dad-l6PWsuM50mVOuB5Ma_Al4d4bw9gWtj5xZcH9YNGEja4NC7L5Jq4MtBmt6avcOwWxpILo9IAQJk2m8ke0IAvOHFNPB9d0YZDa0J-3-IYUnlz2POzurXEQMZ6BcSBwp_CNr0c5HxU=w478-h637-no
So cute!!!

oh and look, the pumpkins have arrived on the tree! It's officially Halloween Time!
How fun that you got to see the before and after! Ahhh, I love Halloween so much! :goodvibes

If you often hesitate to travel solo, do it with Disney and you won't feel lonely!
Agreed!

Just a do what you want to do and eat whatever you want kind of day. Sounds pretty good to me!
Heaven.

If my sister were here though that would have been the first thing we bought for the cruise, hahaha.
:rotfl:

STRAWBERRY SOUP JUST FOR ME
Ooooh! Amazing! Even if you had to share :laughing:

I believe the cost is about 30 dollars per person?
What!? Sounds like a bargain after all those amazing pictures :thumbsup2

Reading this before lunch was a little rough but brunch looked amazing!

I know! Just writing these posts make me hungry and miss Palo! I love all the food, plus the service is so wonderful. For a brief moment we could dine like royalty!

Ok I'm finally joining in!!! I know I haven't been around the boards a lot lately, but I'm hoping to come back to make more contributions soon (and finish my Alaska cruise trip report! But I probably won't get back to that until January!)

Hey there! How are you doing? Hope all is well. :hug:
There's nothing like the DIS boards to help you get through some tough times! It's like therapy for me. LOL
Would love to hear more about Alaska! Especially since it's a cruise I really want to do!

Gorgeous embarkation day! Love, love the NYC skyline photos! DH really wants us to cruise out of NY one of these days so maybe in 2019?

Thank you!! It really is so cool to be leaving from your home port! You should know, haha.
It's so different than cruising out of Port Canaveral. There's so much more to see.

Oh and The Wonder has Shwarma too....I only know this because between dh and I we must've eaten about 30 in Alaska :worship:

Haha that is good to know!!! So yummy!

AP is a perfect start to any cruise, eating those truffle pursettes....heavenly......

Yes! They should just make this the main course. Maybe next time I'll just get two apps.

Love an empty ship, 1am you have the place to yourself!

Amazing, isn't it? This cruise definitely felt less crowded than others.
and Palo brunch....well, how can you go wrong? Now, did you ROLL out of there??:rotfl2:

We seriously could have. We were so full!

The ending of your first day looked lovely. I am so glad you got to meet Jack and Sally, we saw them once at the Halloween party and I got in line very early so we could meet them! I loved the pumpkin tree so cool.

I was so happy I met them too! Their lines are usually insane. We went to Disneyland during Halloween once and the line was 2 hours for them Yikes.
The pumpkin tree was cool! I'm happy I got to witness it's transformation.

e spa sounds so wonderful, I would love to get pampered in the spa! I have had some wonderful spa experiences at resorts. I know what you mean about your skin feeling so wonderful. My skin is so dry now with the colder weather yuck!

Yeah totally, the weather here is making my skin horrendous. I wish I could have my very own rainforest room at home!

Your brunch looks amazing. The food all photographed so well! I would love to try that someday. The Uniqlo jackets are so cute on your in-laws. Andi bought one at DS this past week and it is so cute!

It's a fabulous brunch. I hope you get to try it one day!
The jackets are so fun! I'm sure Andi looks so cute in hers!!

Solo time is pretty fabulous, isn't it?! ;)

It is. I learned form the best! ;)

So cute!!!

Thank you!

How fun that you got to see the before and after! Ahhh, I love Halloween so much! :goodvibes

I was happy I got to see the transformation. Who doesn't love a pumpkin tree?

What!? Sounds like a bargain after all those amazing pictures :thumbsup2

It is!! It's just a supplemental charge, but it's one that I would gladly pay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter