Its my birthday - but I'm not in Disneyland...

hurleysweety

DIS Veteran
Please excuse my rant... :P

And that is okay...I've known for about 6 or 7 months now that there is no way I could swing going on my birthday. But it still made me sad today to wake up, acknowledge what day it was, and realized that I would not be spending my day with the mouse. I know this is a really dumb complaint, but no one else would understand how I feel expect for other DISers that have or will be in the same boat as me today, at some point this year. I just want my fun card and my yummy birthday dinner at DLR - oh and my birthday pin!

So I'll sit here with my coffee :surfweb: and surf the boards and various other things that need to be done today and consider it my vacation that I'm not at work today and will be getting my hair done. A mini-vacation from reality, if only for a day. Still nothing compared to a wonderful day at the parks - but soon we'll be there. I hope DH realizes that even though we are going for his birthday, the trip really means going for my birthday, just belated... :rotfl:

Happy Friday everyone! To those that are in the parks and those that aren't! :wizard:

Please excuse my rant... :P

And that is okay...I've known for about 6 or 7 months now that there is no way I could swing going on my birthday. But it still made me sad today to wake up, acknowledge what day it was, and realized that I would not be spending my day with the mouse. I know this is a really dumb complaint, but no one else would understand how I feel expect for other DISers that have or will be in the same boat as me today, at some point this year. I just want my fun card and my yummy birthday dinner at DLR - oh and my birthday pin!

So I'll sit here with my coffee :surfweb: and surf the boards and various other things that need to be done today and consider it my vacation that I'm not at work today and will be getting my hair done. A mini-vacation from reality, if only for a day. Still nothing compared to a wonderful day at the parks - but soon we'll be there. I hope DH realizes that even though we are going for his birthday, the trip really means going for my birthday, just belated... :rotfl:

Happy Friday everyone! To those that are in the parks and those that aren't! :wizard:

Happy birthday!!!:wizard::woohoo::banana: Yes, it is not the same as being at DLR on your birthday, but you are among people who understand. In fact, my birthday is in 3 months and I am still not 100% sure if I will be able to go to DLR and get my gift card! I want to, but it is an inconvenient day - a Tuesday - so my friends may not be able to get off work, and I don't know yet what my own work schedule will be that week. So I have to play it by ear. I am going to try to get there. I WANT that gift card!!

Anyway, is the trip you guys are making for your DH's birthday the same one as the holiday trip? I know you were planning on making a holiday visit to DLR this year, right (I remember your thread about it)? Well, if that is the same trip, once you get there and really soak in all the wonderful holiday magic, you won't be sorry you went during that time at all. I actually would rather have 10 Christmastime trips to DLR than one trip on my birthday - that is how great it is during that time of year!

But have a wonderful day, and I hope you get to do something fun - even if it is not DLR-fun! :goodvibes

Happy birthday!!!:wizard::woohoo::banana: Yes, it is not the same as being at DLR on your birthday, but you are among people who understand. In fact, my birthday is in 3 months and I am still not 100% sure if I will be able to go to DLR and get my gift card! I want to, but it is an inconvenient day - a Tuesday - so my friends may not be able to get off work, and I don't know yet what my own work schedule will be that week. So I have to play it by ear. I am going to try to get there. I WANT that gift card!!

Anyway, is the trip you guys are making for your DH's birthday the same one as the holiday trip? I know you were planning on making a holiday visit to DLR this year, right (I remember your thread about it)? Well, if that is the same trip, once you get there and really soak in all the wonderful holiday magic, you won't be sorry you went during that time at all. I actually would rather have 10 Christmastime trips to DLR than one trip on my birthday - that is how great it is during that time of year!

But have a wonderful day, and I hope you get to do something fun - even if it is not DLR-fun! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!

And to answer your question, DHs birthday is in about...oh 20 days (just checked my countdown widget, haha) so we'll be there soon enough. :woohoo:

But I cannot wait for our holiday trip! I'm so excited to go...even though I haven't planned at all for it -- originally it was going to be a big family trip but DH and I don't know if that will work anymore. Families can be...rather interesting to deal with so may just go by ourselves and enjoy the magic, just the two of us. Can't we just all get along?? :hippie: Either way, I am looking much more forward to that trip than any other trip this year, week long, birthday, short weekend or otherwise, I know our Christmas will be AMAZING this year. :santa:

Thanks so much!

And to answer your question, DHs birthday is in about...oh 20 days (just checked my countdown widget, haha) so we'll be there soon enough. :woohoo:

But I cannot wait for our holiday trip! I'm so excited to go...even though I haven't planned at all for it -- originally it was going to be a big family trip but DH and I don't know if that will work anymore. Families can be...rather interesting to deal with so may just go by ourselves and enjoy the magic, just the two of us. Can't we just all get along?? :hippie: Either way, I am looking much more forward to that trip than any other trip this year, week long, birthday, short weekend or otherwise, I know our Christmas will be AMAZING this year. :santa:

:lmao:Sometimes even friends can be "rather interesting to deal with," and you soon realize that maybe it's easier just going to DLR by yourself or with one other person - to keep things simple! Families can be downright exhausting and make you want to throttle them by the end of the day!:lmao:

:bday::bday::bday:

Happy Bday, even though you can't be at DL! I may have the same problem. I really want to go on my bday in August, but anyone who would come, I've basically exhausted into going on other trips with me.

Happy birthday! Yeah mine was Wed. I was so busy not trying to gain a trillion pounds between my birthday, Easter, and an annual steward summit I attended though I didn't really even think about not being there.

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!! I'm sorry you aren't there on your bday but you will be there soon!!!!

Happy Birthday! :cheer2:
...Your family sounds like my extended family. Been there, done that and won't ever do it again! ;) Too much drama. :laughing:

princessmannerscopy-1.jpg
54_1.jpg
COLORFULMICKEY.gif

I know what you mean, I was planning to go to DL for my bday this year but it landed on Easter and everything was pretty much booked that whole weekend. So that really sucked. I went the week after though. I didnt get a cool birthday pin but its okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter