It's official - I'm a runner now! (funny stories)

MinnieFlute

Mouseketeer
Okay, I'm not looking for stories about race completion, PR's, equipment or anything like that... I am looking for those stories that would have never happened prior to running. Funny ones. Such as (yes, these have happened to me).

-Falling while turning a corner (but making sure to shut my GPS off so it didn't affect my time).
-Had a guy ask me to go fishing with him
-Had another guy tell me "don't run too fast through this neighborhood - you'll tease the smokers!" (It took me a second to get it and fortunately had already passed the guy's house)
-Gotten chased by dogs (3-4 times at least) only to have the owners tell me "oh, he doesn't bite!" because you know, I knew that before the dog chased me.
-Almost gotten run over by cars backing out
-Been about 3 miles from my house when I realized, "I REALLY have to go to the bathroom" (yes I made it home, I have read stories of going to the bathroom in the shrubs, but I have not encountered it yet).

That's all I have. Does anyone else have any stories that NEVER would have really existed if you weren't running?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter