• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's official

zachsmomie

Mouseketeer
We've cancelled our trip. I emailed Dottie, sent out the cancellation fee and cried all the tears I could cry but I know it was the right choice.

I have 2 ill nephews (11 months old) who will be having surgeries over the next six months and I would be devestated if something happened to one of them and I weren't here.

So the plan now is to rebook for next year. I am praying that the economy starts to turn around with a stronger dollar, the boys get healthy and I look back and see this as a blessing in disguise. But right now, I am sad!

Please keep posting about your wonderful journeys though so I can get excited again. I am looking forward to reading all those great trip reports.

We've cancelled our trip. I emailed Dottie, sent out the cancellation fee and cried all the tears I could cry but I know it was the right choice.

I have 2 ill nephews (11 months old) who will be having surgeries over the next six months and I would be devestated if something happened to one of them and I weren't here.

So the plan now is to rebook for next year. I am praying that the economy starts to turn around with a stronger dollar, the boys get healthy and I look back and see this as a blessing in disguise. But right now, I am sad!

Please keep posting about your wonderful journeys though so I can get excited again. I am looking forward to reading all those great trip reports.
Oh, I'm so sorry you had to cancel, but I can totally understand why you did. I hope the boys' surgeries all go wonderfully, and when you travel next year, it will be with a clear & happy heart.

Sayhello

I am sorry to hear, that you had to cancel, but may I ask what cancellation fees you had to send out?

I hope that all goes well with the surgeries.

I am sorry to hear, that you had to cancel, but may I ask what cancellation fees you had to send out?

I hope that all goes well with the surgeries.

I can answer that. Our company once had a cancellation fee for trips cancelled and not rebooked with us. I have NEVER charged that fee to anyone -- I always pay the office portion (part is supposed to go to me and part to them) out of my own pocket and rarely even mention it to anyone. All of my clients are loyal... when they cancel it's for a darn good reason and I can't bring myself to add a fee to their disappointment.

Zachsmomie, being the incredibly nice person that she is, insisted on paying the office portion even though I asked her not to. I had already sent some goodies out to her and she kindly didn't want me to have to spend more. I'm still hoping to intercept it and shred it. ;-)

Thankfully, the company has discontinued all cancellation fees for 2009 bookings so I don't have to worry about this anymore!

Dotti

I'm so sorry that things happened this way. I TOTALLY understand your position and I really hope the wee ones are okay and on the road to recovery very soon.

Good thoughts with you and your family and I hope it works out that you can go next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter