Itunes has the New Podcast this week,Thank you!

farmergirl

DIS Veteran
I went to Itunes this week with no troubles there was the new podcast all ready to go....thank you!:cool1:

Yes, thanks guys for getting it to show in iTunes this morning! I was so happy to see it there when I checked. It makes the ride to my son's preschool on Tuesdays so much more fun :)

Now you are all just rubbing it in as I've got iTune troubles ;)
Enjoy the show. Hopefully I'll be listening to them real soon :thumbsup2

PS no sound on works PC doesn't help either.

Now you are all just rubbing it in as I've got iTune troubles ;)
Enjoy the show. Hopefully I'll be listening to them real soon :thumbsup2

PS no sound on works PC doesn't help either.

:rotfl: Sorry didn't mean to rub it in...hope you get to hear it real soon??

:rotfl: Sorry didn't mean to rub it in...hope you get to hear it real soon??

:cool1: :cool1: :woohoo: :woohoo: after doing thinks I've never done before... unlocker, ccleaner, msconfig I finally got rid of quicktime.
Re-installed itunes and guess what I'm downloading right now :worship:

Think I need to get out more, as I was having serious podcast withdrawals :rolleyes1

I feel your pain, Reid. My iPod died this afternoon. I learned the joy of how to manually reset it (thank GOODNESS it worked). I mean there's an email show coming soon!!!!!!! Interestingly enough when I googled, "my ipod won't turn on" the first result was an Apple document on how to fix it.:dance3:

Glad to see that the show was there in iTunes, at the same time as it was up here. Two questions though:

(1) why again no cover art for the iTunes show? We buy all those fancy iPods and iPhones but the Dis Unplugged is about the only podcast I subscribe to that doesn't have cover art. Yes, every six or seven episodes, there's one that has the cover art, but most of them don't; this week's episode doesn't either.

(2) Is there no e-mailshow this weeK?

Glad to see that the show was there in iTunes, at the same time as it was up here. Two questions though:

(1) why again no cover art for the iTunes show? We buy all those fancy iPods and iPhones but the Dis Unplugged is about the only podcast I subscribe to that doesn't have cover art. Yes, every six or seven episodes, there's one that has the cover art, but most of them don't; this week's episode doesn't either.

(2) Is there no e-mailshow this weeK?

I saved the podcast logo and add it in through "Get info" :)

pod-squad-200.gif

I saved the podcast logo and add it in through "Get info" :)

I understand that.

The reason why we use iTunes as our podcast-aggregator is to have the whole process automated. When you subscribe to a podcast in iTunes, it automatically downloads new episodes to your computer, with artwork included, puts it in the correct folders, and syncs it to my iPod, without me having to do all those things manually.

Of course we CAN do those things, but then we wouldn't be using iTunes, wouldn't we?

I have a non-Disney-related podcast of my own, and most podcast-software on the market automatically creates correct RSS-feeds, in the correct order, automatically names your files, adds artwork, etc. The fact that week after week things go wrong on the iTunes-side of things, tells me that the crew either doesn't own iPods, doesn't use them or does not use software to create and publish the podcast that is fully compatible with iTunes. My guess is that someone does most of these things manually and because it's late or he's in a hurry, makes these mistakes. One week the name of the file is misspelled, another time the e-mail-show is added *below* the Roundtable-show in he RSS-feed (in which case iTunes doesn't automatically downloads it), and many many times files are named in ways that make them turn up in the incorrect order on your iPod or are missing artwork.

Please, Dis Unplugged-team ... for one week, use the money you spend on prices to buy a simple and cheap program to automate your iTunes-feeds. You'll make so many more people happy!!! THANK YOU!!!

Ok Folks....

Let's take a vote....would you rather have cruise giveaways or DIS Unplugged cover art for your Ipod?

Kevin
(Who owns two iPods and an iPhone)

Ok Folks....

Let's take a vote....would you rather have cruise giveaways or DIS Unplugged cover art for your Ipod?

Kevin

I actually vote for a VIDEO podcast. I could then see Bob's props, and the facial expressions of the rest of the team. Tuesday's "discussion" done in video format would have been worth losing a cruise prize for.

Kevin...you could just have one of those black boxes over your face to keep your identity secret.....on that idea maybe you need to get the voice altering software too.:)

Ok Folks....

Kevin

What an unrespectful comment. You KNOW what I mean.
And besides: the cover art is the least of our problems, and obviously also of the Dis Unplugged crew. I'm only suggesting ways so we don't have iTunes-problems *every* *single* *week* in one form or another.

What an unrespectful comment. You KNOW what I mean.
And besides: the cover art is the least of our problems, and obviously also of the Dis Unplugged crew. I'm only suggesting ways so we don't have iTunes-problems *every* *single* *week* in one form or another.

Unrespectful????
Is this a respectfull moment of yourself.....
The fact that week after week things go wrong on the iTunes-side of things, tells me that the crew either doesn't own iPods, doesn't use them or does not use software to create and publish the podcast that is fully compatible with iTunes.
IMO not.......

There is nothing unrespectfull about the comment Kevin gave, you did a sugestion and you scale the podcast and how it's comming/apearing into your i-tunes and cover arts higher then most people do.

Kevin asked what the rest of the audience thinks about it, what does everybody scale higher??
Prices or a cover art....

Sure you ment to be just helpfull....

Disrespectful?

You have suggested that we dont own ipods or know how to use them.

You have suggested that someone is rushing and making mistakes.

You have pointed out our "mistakes and technical glitches" each week. (As a matter of fact...I believe most of your posts are about what we do wrong)

You have suggested that we take some of the money that we spend on prizes and buy "simple and cheap" softwear.

I guess I dont see where asking others what they thought of your opinions was being disrespectful in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter