I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that the US is going is ship 1.5 million of that AstraZeneca to Canada. Which is great especially because it’s not approved in the US yet so it’s just sitting there not being used.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else lives in York Region, but my Godmother (who is in the 75+ bracket) had a tip - create an account in the York Region portal (york.ca) ahead of time to speed up registration. You can link the entire household to one account, so that's convenient.

I just read that the US is going is ship 1.5 million of that AstraZeneca to Canada. Which is great especially because it’s not approved in the US yet so it’s just sitting there not being used.
Yeah I see that on the Global News website. Apparently they're shipping 1.5mil to Canada, 2.5mil to Mexico and will get a reciprocal amount back from the countries later in the year.

This is pretty significant for us, seeing as fully vaccinating 750,000 people is about 2% of our population.

Yeah I see that on the Global News website. Apparently they're shipping 1.5mil to Canada, 2.5mil to Mexico and will get a reciprocal amount back from the countries later in the year.

This is pretty significant for us, seeing as fully vaccinating 750,000 people is about 2% of our population.

Yep. And it makes sense for them to send those to us. They haven’t approved it yet. So there are literally vaccines just sitting there not being used.

Our family has been so fortunate here in rural Alberta. My wife and I both have had our first A-Z shots, my mom has had her first Pfizer shot and my brother and SIL have had their first Moderna shots, so we're testing a range of vaccines. Mom gets her second one in April while DW and I will get our second in June/July. They're waiting 3-4 months for the A-Z here. Hopefully there will be a steady supply and everyone can get theirs soon.

Awesome! When do they tell you what brand it is? Just wondering if it deters some people? I guess you need to know to match the second dose? (I'm so far down the queue I haven't done much research)...

We can only get one type of vaccine where we live so we know what we're getting, but they told me when I went to get the vaccine as well and provided a pamphlet with a lot of information. I would assume you could ask as well before hand.

About the vaccine choice, you have to be very careful interpreting the data. Pharmaceutical companies do not perform head-to-head trials for comparison for a reason. So you can never be sure if a 90% claimed effectiveness is really better than a 60% elsewhere as they measure different things. It's similar to compare 90 to 60 but one turns out to be centimeter and one in inches. In vaccine or many medication trials, there is no way to directly "convert" the units for comparison.

Either way, AZ vaccine offers 100% protection in preventing severe disease and death.

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-c...the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

COVID is scarier than a season flu because of its death rate and severe disease. If you eliminate those threats, COVID simply becomes a "common cold". So I think that is what people need to remember, 100% death prevention from COVID! My suggestion is to get vaccinated as soon as you get an offer / opportunity.

Last edited:
from talking to people I find most don't want the Astra Zeneca vaccine. I am thinking honestly that the media is doing a real disservice because they are reporting the possible adverse reactions without context (50 possible reactions per 20 million doses). Regardless, with some countries halting use, and since the USA hasn't approved it and has a stock pile that is likely set to expire very shortly (as Canadas first allotment is going to expire in April) we should be able to pick up a lot of it very quickly if we want to and the 1.5 million doses from the USA should be just a start, as they get closer to expiry they will likely want to unload more and they won't be shipping from the manufacturer to anyone who has paused its use

I don’t think it’s just media causing vaccine hesitancy with this one. Was it a week ago the AZ wasn’t great for over 65, now they’ve changed their minds, good for everyone now apparently.
Vaccines were acc to pharmacy companies to be given roughly 2 weeks apart . Now we will push that out to around 4 months .
They are changing their guidance every week on things and if you were already hesitant before, there’s no way you aren’t moreso now .

Day two after the shot and so far so good ,,,I must say I have been super tired these past few days ,,lots of mid day ,, afternoon,,, evening naps.
Arm is still sore ,,now I have been told you want to show some reaction in your body as this show your immune system is reacting and building antibodies.
Nice to see the British Prime Minister & French PM Castex showing their support today for the AstraZeneca Vaccine.
1616184565484.png

1616184941008.png
The more people who get a shot ,,, the closer we all get to Disney,,.
Hugs
Mel

I don’t think it’s just media causing vaccine hesitancy with this one. Was it a week ago the AZ wasn’t great for over 65, now they’ve changed their minds, good for everyone now apparently.
Vaccines were acc to pharmacy companies to be given roughly 2 weeks apart . Now we will push that out to around 4 months .
They are changing their guidance every week on things and if you were already hesitant before, there’s no way you aren’t moreso now .
I do agree that things are all over the place in terms of information. In a sense it's almost as if there is too much coming in at once, seemingly all of it contradictory, and you have to sort it out in the few minutes before your daily press conference.

Honestly, I would hate to be the people that have to break all of this down and figure out what to say on the daily.

Question:

I know that the school of thought currently is that the mRNA vaccines are very effective at stopping you from developing severe illness, but there's only slight evidence that it prevents transmission. (Hopefully that changes!!!)

What about the other vaccines, the "traditional" format ones? Do they prevent transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter