Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I sent an email to the guest relations emails above. I was called a few hours later with an alternative deluxe resort at the same cost: contemporary garden wing or Boardwalk standard view. We chose Boardwalk! She also said if a discount came out for AKL a standard (our original booking) she can apply it for my current booking. Great service!!

I sent an email to the guest relations emails above. I was called a few hours later with an alternative deluxe resort at the same cost: contemporary garden wing or Boardwalk standard view. We chose Boardwalk! She also said if a discount came out for AKL a standard (our original booking) she can apply it for my current booking. Great service!!

That's great for you! Are you going to be there in September?

May I ask what room type you had booked at AKL?

Which address did you email? I'm incredibly frustrated with the whole situation. When I called they wanted to move me to Beach Club for $6000 more. Are they insane? I have a 1 year old, shuttling or walking to the pool at Kidani is really out of the question for us. Sigh.

FANTATSTIC NEWS!!

I just received a call about my reservation, I expressed in an email that I switched to BC because of the pool issue but the extra cost was a bitter pill to swallow. there were no standard view rooms left, only special view rooms that were much more expensive. She was able to find me a standard room at BC and shaved $250 off my reservation! I’m so happy and my boyfriend is more excited now to stay at BC.

She was so wonderful and kind. Very passionate about helping us fall in love with BC and it really felt genuine. it was the bit of magic I needed to hear today and makes me so happy that people like her work in guest services.

A side note: I didn’t complain or seem angry in the letter I sent, I just expressed my money concerns and wished for a bit of magic to turn this situation around.

FANTATSTIC NEWS!!

I just received a call about my reservation, I expressed in an email that I switched to BC but the extra cost was a bitter pill to swallow because there were no standard view rooms left. She was able to find me a standard room at BC and shaved $250 off my reservation! I’m so happy and my boyfriend is more excited now to stay at BC.

She was so wonderful and kind. Very passionate about helping us fall in love with BC and it really felt genuine. it was the bit of magic I needed to hear today and makes me so happy that people like her work in guest services.

A side note: I didn’t complain or seem angry in the letter I sent, I just expressed my money concerns and wished for a bit of magic to turn this situation around.
Good news! I haven't heard back from my email I sent a couple days ago. My main gripe was I lost the cheaper price I was paying for a package because I booked before the ticket prices went up. Maybe I'll still hear back.

Good news! I haven't heard back from my email I sent a couple days ago. My main gripe was I lost the cheaper price I was paying for a package because I booked before the ticket prices went up. Maybe I'll still hear back.

I sent the email a few days ago as well, she said that all of them were shocked about the pool closure and have been trying to respond to as many calls and emails as possible. So don’t lose hope! I am wishing the best for you!

I sent the email a few days ago as well, she said that all of them were shocked about the pool closure and have been trying to respond to as many calls and emails as possible. So don’t lose hope! I am wishing the best for you!
I did get a call after all. I missed it on the house phone while getting ready for our picnic about 5 PM. I called the number back but had to leave a message due to them having a high call volume right now. I'll try again in the morning. :thumbsup2

I did get a call after all. I missed it on the house phone while getting ready for our picnic about 5 PM. I called the number back but had to leave a message due to them having a high call volume right now. I'll try again in the morning. :thumbsup2
:teeth:Yay!!!

For those who have been receiving phone calls, which guest relations email address did you email?

I received a call today as well after my email. I’m staying on points and there is not much of an option for my group (2 parties of 4) that we would be happy with. I was on the phone with them for about 5 minutes and she was very apologetic and kind. At the least it was nice of them to call.

I may end up adding the water park option to our tickets when we are there bc our main pool day is my son’s birthday. We’ll play it by ear when we get there and see how the weather is...

I emailed Member Services about our reservation... I doubt anything will change, but maybe I'll get a little pixie dust for our very first DVC trip home.

I’m glad everyone seems to be making headway with the issue, however I feel very sad for those who paid to move and now others are being moved to other resorts at no additional cost. That should have been offered from the get go to everyone. We requested to move to boardwalk yesterday. I appreciate it is typically a more expensive resort, but I feel very apprehensive that I haven’t been given time to research this resort properly before going. Has anyone got any tips or comments to make regarding this particular resort?

Also for anyone who has yet to receive any sort of compromise, I myself didn’t receive an email back nor did I get a phone call. I rang back and it was conveniently not long after they had been given approval to offer no charge swap to a select number of other locations. So every just keep trying and ring at your earliest convenience. We should all be treated equally! Good luck guys!

I'm not really sure what to do. I never received the email about the construction, but we are going in November and staying in a standard room. I looked on the website and there is nothing comparable for switching. I think AKL is beautiful, but part of that beauty, to me, is the pool area. I mean, it *could* be finished by early November but it doesn't appear that way. We have a resort day built in for swimming and lounging, and I was looking forward to relaxing by Uzima. I understand there is a pool at Kidani, but that's not really the point. I didn't go with CBR or CSR for the reasoning of construction. I'd be fine with switching to another resort, but the only places available on the website are hundreds of dollars more per night, and AKL was already a splurge for us. *Sigh* I'm just venting.

I'm not really sure what to do. I never received the email about the construction, but we are going in November and staying in a standard room. I looked on the website and there is nothing comparable for switching. I think AKL is beautiful, but part of that beauty, to me, is the pool area. I mean, it *could* be finished by early November but it doesn't appear that way. We have a resort day built in for swimming and lounging, and I was looking forward to relaxing by Uzima. I understand there is a pool at Kidani, but that's not really the point. I didn't go with CBR or CSR for the reasoning of construction. I'd be fine with switching to another resort, but the only places available on the website are hundreds of dollars more per night, and AKL was already a splurge for us. *Sigh* I'm just venting.
Our dates are November 13-17 and we did get the email. I understand your frustration. We were looking forward to AKL but I'm not paying full price for partial amenities.

I just emailed them. I don't expect anything out of it, but I wanted my voice heard. I think if we go back to the original concept that Walt Disney had, Disney World is supposed to be a place for all walks of life, not just one. Staying in a deluxe is a luxury and splurge for us, as it is for many. We want to be able to enjoy it, all of it, not just certain aspects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter