• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Man I slipped and fell on the wet floor in the Mara and the cashier made me speak to a manager because it was a pretty hard fall and all I got was an “are you ok?” :laughing:

But really I didn’t want to talk to anyone anyway

The Magic is still intact. Our Sanaa waiter spilled a margarita on me, I just laughed about it, and they gave me a voucher for a free shirt anywhere on property.
That is pretty cool compensation!

And for the record, we had stayed at 10 different Disney resorts, but after staying at AKL 3 weeks ago, we’ll never stay anywhere else.
I have not stayed here yet, but my sister feels exactly the same as you do!

That is pretty cool compensation!

I have not stayed here yet, but my sister feels exactly the same as you do!

Loving all the positive comments about AKL Club Level.
Booked our first CL stay for October 2019 at AKL one of our favorite resorts

Disney's reservation system makes no sense to me. Currently we're booked from August 2nd-5th in a standard room using a PIN code, but we're now trying to add the 1st to our reservation. For some reason, the system allows me to book the 1st-6th with no problems, but when I change the dates from the 1st-5th a standard view shows as unavailable.

I went ahead and booked the 1st-6th as a second reservation (I can cancel without penalty within the next month) and I'll keep checking to see if the 1st-5th opens up. Otherwise we'll just stay at Pop for the first night. Or maybe can convince the girlfriend to stay the extra night :D

So all your boys are at home?? Didn't one get married?....
....my oldest, Todd, is getting married next May...

enhance

....and, GOSH, I wish it were a 'destination' wedding! ;)

Disney's reservation system makes no sense to me. Currently we're booked from August 2nd-5th in a standard room using a PIN code, but we're now trying to add the 1st to our reservation. For some reason, the system allows me to book the 1st-6th with no problems, but when I change the dates from the 1st-5th a standard view shows as unavailable.

I went ahead and booked the 1st-6th as a second reservation (I can cancel without penalty within the next month) and I'll keep checking to see if the 1st-5th opens up....
....I would call directly....

I tried and they gave me the same answer. The room is "unavailable for those dates" even though it's clearly available for one day longer.
....hmmmmm, weird......I'd keep trying, although our one-day stay at Pop wasn't too bad....were you able to use the PIN code with that 2nd ressie?

....hmmmmm, weird......I'd keep trying, although our one-day stay at Pop wasn't too bad....were you able to use the PIN code with that 2nd ressie?
Yep! So currently I have

Ressie 1: Pop century Aug 1st-2nd, AKL Aug 2nd-5th
Ressie 2: AKL August 1st-6th

Both booked using the PIN code. I'll just keep checking availability. Disney's new policy of rebooking the vacations rather than modifying is a huge pain. I guess we can blame throwaway rooms.

Yep! So currently I have

Ressie 1: Pop century Aug 1st-2nd, AKL Aug 2nd-5th
Ressie 2: AKL August 1st-6th

Both booked using the PIN code. I'll just keep checking availability. Disney's new policy of rebooking the vacations rather than modifying is a huge pain. I guess we can blame throwaway rooms.
....soooooooo, is there a reason why you aren't cancelling the 1st ressie?

....soooooooo, is there a reason why you aren't cancelling the 1st ressie?
In case there is no availability for the 1st through 5th by the time I have to cancel. As of now, we have to leave the 5th, so the first option is our fallback if I can't get the day knocked off the second one.

....can't you just keep the 2nd ressie and cancel that last day sometime in the near future?

....just read your last post again....what is the cut-off date for canceling?

....just read your last post again....what is the cut-off date for canceling?
July 27th since it’s room only, so I have time. I tried to knock the 6th off last night but the cast member wouldn't budge. I'll keep checking online and maybe call a few more times over the next month or so.

Last edited:
July 27th since it’s room only, so I have time. I tried to knock the 6th off last night but the cast member wouldn't budge. I'll keep checking online and maybe call a few more times over the next month or so.
I’d call and ask for guest services
Read they are only people who can adjust dates
Good luck

....what? Like, they're gonna FORCE you to stay in the room??!?!??! WTH?

I’d call and ask for guest services......Good luck
....I've visited WDW many times, and honestly, I don't recall any of those times where I DIDN'T make a change in my ressies....I've never had a problem either, including our last stay in October 2017....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter