Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We just returned from a stay @jambo and really loved it. My husband said he was so glad we weren't at Kidani - it always seemed crowded when we made the trek over. Do note: the playground @jambo was closed during our stay for "structural issues." We had no idea ahead of time and were so disappointed. No idea on reopening. But the splash pad at Kidani had a small jungle gym area that was an okay alternative. We really didn't find we missed dining options and the buses were always so empty and prompt!
Was the water going in the KIDANI splash pad?

Quick question.

Is Jambo open? If so what is open?

I see options to rent DVC points in July so just curious but actually buying them

Thanks

The DVC portion is. The pool and gym are both open with limited breakfast at the Mara right now. Boma, Jiko, the bar and the main store are all closed.

Just to make sure..... we have Easter baskets ordered from Disney Floral & Gifts for pick up at Bell Services at Kidani village. Is there a cut off time for when we need to pick up or are they available for pick ups 24 hours? We've done stroller rental before but never at an off time.

How have busses been in the morning during spring break? Are we better going to Kidani for the bus or taking it from Jambo? Does Jambo have its own bus in the morning or pick up at Kidani first?

If anyone is at Jambo on recent weekends I would love to know if Uzima Springs pool bar is reopened. I know it was open on weekends for awhile and then in February closed again. I am really hoping it reopens again at least on weekends.

I’ve read elsewhere that you are not allowed to make a value studio request, is that accurate? Kind of hoping it’s true - once less thing to worry about!

Staying at Jambo soon. For anyone who has recently spent time there in the evening. Are they still lighting the lobby fireplace & playing the African music. Have always looked forwarded to both to end the evening.

How have busses been in the morning during spring break? Are we better going to Kidani for the bus or taking it from Jambo? Does Jambo have its own bus in the morning or pick up at Kidani first?
Leaving tomorrow. Been here for a week. Buses at Jambo have been quite good. Most often no passengers on already so my assumption is that in the morning Jambo gets its own buses. Absolutely no need to go to Kidani.

I saw on the FB rumor mill that an AKL cast member supposedly told someone The Mara would be reopening for normal business on April 1... April Fool’s? Misinformation? Accurate? Who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Maybe, but there are so few people staying at Jambo right now, that I would be surprised. Mara fully open would be a nice surprise though.

Maybe, but there are so few people staying at Jambo right now, that I would be surprised. Mara fully open would be a nice surprise though.
I feel like they should do something. Dining is really limited at AKL (for both Jambo and Kidani) and its so far removed from alternative options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter