Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

From your lips to God’s ears!

As I said, I would love to see it come back in some semblance of what it was. Thus far, though, Disney has really decimated the buffets by turning them all into ATCTE… or prize fix with separate dishes like CP, H & V and can’t help but wonder if this is a temporary Covid accommodation or whether this will turn into a long term shift. :guilty:

Same. If they end up changing Boma like they have the others, I don't think I'll be going back.

I am very excited - just switched our CBR stay for a split stay Pop and AKL! We have 6 nights at AKL, Feb 27-Mar 5. Our last trip we had dinner at Sanaa, and spent some time wandering around after, both at Kidani and Jambo house. We all fell in love with the resort.

Hello All, I searched but I could not find the answer. In a standard view, with 2 queen size beds at AKL will an air mattress fit if we move the little table and chairs. My 2 boys prefer not to share a bed. Thank you for any help with this question.

Hello All, I searched but I could not find the answer. In a standard view, with 2 queen size beds at AKL will an air mattress fit if we move the little table and chairs. My 2 boys prefer not to share a bed. Thank you for any help with this question.

I think it would be a very tight squeeze….if it would fit at all.

Extremely excited! We are booked for a stay at Kidani Village from May 1 - May 7, 2022. This will be my family’s first trip to WDW.

It took a lot of reading and asking questions, but I’m confident that staying at AKL is the best choice for us. My fam is going to love it!

Now, of course, the long wait begins!

Extremely excited! We are booked for a stay at Kidani Village from May 1 - May 7, 2022. This will be my family’s first trip to WDW.

It took a lot of reading and asking questions, but I’m confident that staying at AKL is the best choice for us. My fam is going to love it!

Now, of course, the long wait begins!
AKL is very special. You will love it. You will have to find something to pass the time while you wait for the trip.

September
9/5 - 9/11 ktink - Kidani
9/18 - 9/25/21 jomik1 - Jambo
9/20 - 9/25 Microcell - Kidani
9/25 - 10/02 KT0191 - Kidani
9/26 - 9/30 DgBg100106 - BCV
9/26 - 9/30 to be tink - Jambo

I'll be at Jambo from 9/22-9/25 (and again in January, I hope)!

We just booked AKL- Jambo for September. It’ll be our baby’s first trip to Disney and our first trip back since 2019. Previously, we were going almost every month (FL passholders) so to say we are excited is an understatement.

I booked a pool view room but am wondering if there are any requests I should try to make given we have a 1-year-old who still naps during the day and goes to bed early. Would an upper floor be quieter? Should I request closer to the lobby or another location to be closer to the lobby and/or pool? That said, if we have to choose, a quieter room is more important to us than having short walks— we don’t mind walking!

l had 5th floor DVC pool view a few years back and noise wasn’t an issue. So I’d go high floor.

First time staying at AKL Getting a standard room. Not big on sit down breakfast but do like a food court with variety. I read that there is Mara. Can anyone reassure me that they have simple foods like like eggs? I saw the menu but it didn't mention it. Saw a french toast, ham and egg croissant and a quiche. I believe. What is it like for lunch or dinner. The menu I saw online seemed very limited for meals. Thanks for any advice on the resort. Not first time at WDW but first time here.

Editing to add that I was able to read a bit more and just realized that AKL is just starting to reopen so Mara's menu must be limited due to COVID.

Last edited:
First time staying at AKL Getting a standard room. Not big on sit down breakfast but do like a food court with variety. I read that there is Mara. Can anyone reassure me that they have simple foods like like eggs? I saw the menu but it didn't mention it. Saw a french toast, ham and egg croissant and a quiche. I believe. What is it like for lunch or dinner. The menu I saw online seemed very limited for meals. Thanks for any advice on the resort. Not first time at WDW but first time here.

Editing to add that I was able to read a bit more and just realized that AKL is just starting to reopen so Mara's menu must be limited due to COVID.
What you see online is what is currently available. The only rooms occupied are the DVC rooms on the 5th floor. No restaurants and no stores are open. Pool and pool bar are open. The Mara is limited hours and menu.

The full resort is available to book beginning at the end of August. I would expect that at that point more amenities will reopen, though in what form is yet to be determined. The Mara will likely resume regular hours with an expanded menu… breakfast in the past certainly included simple things like eggs. And I would think the store will reopen at that point, as well.

I’m guessing at least Boma will reopen, though I would be surprised if it came back as the buffet everyone loves. Thus far, Disney has been turning the buffets into plated entrees or AYCTE…. Cape May Cafe , O’Hana, etc. As for Jiko… who knows? They still haven’t opened Flying Fish or Yacht Club.

Best advice would be to follow the news over the summer and start checking online menus, etc. at the end of August.

Thank you Debbie Jean. I should have added that we are going mid Sept. I realize there is no crystal ball to tell me exactly what will be. Would be nice, though, LOL

Thank you Debbie Jean. I should have added that we are going mid Sept. I realize there is no crystal ball to tell me exactly what will be. Would be nice, though, LOL
I’ve actually done two trips to Jambo post-Covid and will be there again next week. Some folks have returned from stays complaining about the lack of amenities and a tomb-like feel. For me, the quiet has been a rare treat and something I’m looking forward to one last time before the reopening of the full resort next month with all the hustle and bustle of activity that you would normally find there.

By the time you visit in September, I would expect much more will reopen and things will be in full swing. It is such a special place… I’m sure you will make some wonderful memories!:cloud9:

I’ve actually done two trips to Jambo post-Covid and will be there again next week. Some folks have returned from stays complaining about the lack of amenities and a tomb-like feel. For me, the quiet has been a rare treat and something I’m looking forward to one last time before the reopening of the full resort next month with all the hustle and bustle of activity that you would normally find there.

By the time you visit in September, I would expect much more will reopen and things will be in full swing. It is such a special place… I’m sure you will make some wonderful memories!:cloud9:
We'll be there next week too. It's our first trip there, but I am actually looking forward to the quiet as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter