January 1-4

iluvet58

Earning My Ears
We are headed to Tampa for doctor visit for our son. We will be headed home on January 1st. We were thinking of a short stay onsite for three or four nights. Are we crazy? We’ve done Christmas several times. Would it be insanely busy for these dates? Thank you for any help.

It will be very busy. I'd make sure to stay at one of the express hotels which will be very expensive during that time.

It will be busy ....
Two years ago I stayed at RP with check in January 2

Crowded until later in that week

Never again would I go there at that time period again

If you could wait until the end of that first week would be better

we were planning on staying at portofino bay if that would make a difference. Probably check in on January 2nd and not hit the parks till the 3rd or 4th. He’s having surgery in Tampa and we’ll probably be released on the 2nd. He will be in a wheelchair.

It will be busy ....
Two years ago I stayed at RP with check in January 2

Crowded until later in that week

Never again would I go there at that time period again

If you could wait until the end of that first week would be better
Our son is having surgery in Tampa so we’d drive over to portofino bay on the 2nd. Wouldn’t hit the parks till 3rd or 4th. He’d be in a wheelchair.

Hope your son has a successful surgery and a rapid healing !

You will have the ep for the two parks and arriving days later will help avoid crowds

Check out the rides in the park to figure out which ones he will be able to ride
WC can be used in many of the park ride lines.
Will he be able to transfer from chair to ride seat?
UO has the aap for those that need it
(guest services will help and issue if this is needed)
Since you have the ep, that would work the same

Have a great vacation!

He will be able to transfer from his chair. Doctors have said absolutely no coasters. We’ve looked on the website. He is special needs so he adores Barney and ET. He has no problem on simulator rides so we can do all those. He loves Jimmy Fallon and the Simpson’s. He also loves boat rides so we can check out the other resorts. Don’t know if decorations will still be up or Grinchmas or Macy’s still going on. Looks like he will have plenty to enjoy! Thanks for your help and the quick reply! ❤️😇❤️.

Don’t know if decorations will still be up or Grinchmas or Macy’s still going on.

Luckily for me I took this pic Saturday so I had a quick reference to the time frame of when the holiday festivities are occurring. So you'll be able to see this definitely when you're here. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter