January 2004 Cruise- ? Crowds

The Kagers

Earning My Ears
Booked on January 11, 2004 Wonder 4 day cruise. Not many people responding that they are aboard. Are crowds typically very light, since kids usually back in school, etc.?

DH and I were on this year's Jan 5-9 4-day and it seemed a lot less crowded to us. Then again the 7-day Christmas 2001 cruise we were on before that was packed to the max!

We were even granted a dining table for ourselves -- something we requested. The weather wasn't as warm as we would have liked, but overall it was a great time to be onboard -- are there any times that are NOT a great time to be on a DCruise? Probably not!

We've been on the Wonder in Dec and Jan. Both times the ships was fairly full. The weather was perfect. The water at Castaway Cay was alittle chilly, It's comparable to the warmest the Jersey shore water gets to in August. The temps were in the 80s.

I think January is a good time to cruise. Prices are typically lower for that time of year.

Originally posted by prymsu
I think January is a good time to cruise. Prices are typically lower for that time of year.

You definitely CAN'T beat the prices!

Whats the weather like on board in Jan? Will we need light jackets or sweaters? Am I going ot be able to work on my tan???

I was on the Magic the last week of January this year and the crowds were pretty bad. I was surprised, but there were definitely more kids than I had seen before, and they were everywhere! This may have been over flow from the canceled cruises in the fall??? The weather was great. It was cool (60's) in Port, but once we got moving it was 80 and gorgeous. We also had Capt Tom who twice changed course to avoid bad weather. He was GREAT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter