January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready.... Here it goes.....

Post # 300!!!!:cheer2: Yay, Me!:cheer2:

Yes, I got plenty of lime greens!!!! Now I just need to figure out what to do with them.

BTW.... I think the picture post is brilliant. It will be nice see who we are talking to, as well. I can always imagine Peaches sweet face and I think she probably giggles alot.:rotfl:

Next week I am making a countdown chain with the kids for our trip! I got the chain frm the Disigns board. Every day has a different Disney themed picture. The kids a have a few days off from school next week so figured that was a good time filler. :)

I am really starting to try to pick up on making money so I can cover our DDP. 3 months is CLOSE now Woohoo

What is this Disigns board you speak of...will I have to venture out of this thread to find it!! If it has to do with creativity I just might take a quick trip!

Woohoo, post count #300 for Soleil! PARTY! :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana:

btw, my vote for which Aerosmith song the party band is singing is Dream On! Just cause it's my fave! :)

Yes, I got plenty of lime greens!!!! Now I just need to figure out what to do with them.

BTW.... I think the picture post is brilliant. It will be nice see who we are talking to, as well. I can always imagine Peaches sweet face and I think she probably giggles alot.:rotfl:

:party: :party: :party: WOOOT!! Congratulations Soleil!!! Two 300th posts in one day!! What a board we have!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Man I love the banana man!!:banana: :banana:

Okay, I just opened my photobucket account and managed to figure out how to upload pictures! :cool1: Anywho, gotta go pick up my girls from school! See y'all after supper! Don't start PART II without me! LATER! :)

:dance3:

:party: :party: :party:
Was that your 300th post!!!! YAY!! Time to bust out the dancing bananas!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana: :banana: OMG... I stop to do some work... as someone needs to pay for the Disney trip and we have someone reaching a new post milestone, a newbie.... :welcome:, and 3 more pages.... you ladies are hot stuff.....:worship: :wave2:

:cheer2: Woo hoo, i'm so excited for the new thread! :cheer2:

With ASMo, I looked into it and originally that was where we were planning on staying. After looking over reviews on the Dis, I decided to change over to the Pop. There were fewer complaints about mousekeeping, noise, and the buses. I really do think ASMo looks cool though and hope to stay there in the future.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Congrats on 300 posts!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey I have a question??? Have any of you gone on an Illumination cruise?? Is it worth the $$

:hug: There are not words Trixie!! I just love you!! You are amazing and always bring a smile to my face!!! Let's not even go over my spelling, grammar is a big enough issue to deal with!! Although we could have an entire therapy session on my excessive compulsive need to use the exclamation point! Where is distherapy?? I might need a couch session!:rotfl:

HA! Love it. Although, as a word nerd myself (and one with a tendency to overindulge with the exclamation points!), I doubt I'd be much help! 10th grade spelling bee winner here! Also proud owner of a BAD GRAMMAR MAKES ME [SIC] t-shirt!:thumbsup2

And welcome to mom of triplets! I'm a mom of twins, so my hat is off to you! I stay home with them and the disboards are my therapy (hence my name!). Although it's time to start the neverending carpool to pick them up from school. drat!:headache:

Okay on a more serious note (yes this coming from me I know is hard to believe), but is it hard to get one a photobucket account! I'm going to need some serious help if I'm going to get pictures on here.

I also feel the need to say that I really do teach in my classroom LOL I just have two breaks during the day so I maximize my postings LOL!!

And just to completely throw myself off into the looney bin...my kids know about my trip so we made a countdown calender in my room and everyday I give a fun tidbit about Disney. My seniors who are going there for their (trixie look I used the right there's) senior trip love it!! So I'm the Biology Teacher who loves Disney at my High School and EVERYONE knows it LOL!!

Jen.... I was just wondering about that teaching time....lol.... I have a good friend who is my DS band teacher .... he thinks outside of school she is great... but he says that during the day she "goes all teacher on him"... we actually took her on her first Disney trip about 3 years ago.... she is hooked now!!!!:yay:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dance3: :rockband: party: :jumping1: :rainbow:

WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Congrats on 300 posts!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey I have a question??? Have any of you gone on an Illumination cruise?? Is it worth the $$

I have gone on both the Illuminations and the Wishes cruise.... we like the Wishes crusie with the music piped in.... it is tons of fun.... last year we shared with another DIS family

Can someone tell me how to do the multi quote in one post thing....please....

Shelly.... our dates are Jan 25-31st.... thanks

WOW... I grew up in Lockport over by Buffalo and all my family lives there.... we spent 13 years in Boston, MA, then a few years in Erie, PA and then we moved here. Where in CNY are they??????

My family members live in Liverpool (where I grew up) and North Syracuse. That's so crazy that you grew up in Lockport. We live in Tonawanda. My sister's soon to be in-laws (and their extended family) all live in Lockport.

Two questions:
1) I can see how many posts I have, but how do you see how many posts I have on a particular thread? Or the top 10? Or whatever?

2) Re New Thread: I've got this phobia about posting my picture on the net, especially with all the other ID'g info, like resort & ADRs, so I won't be doing that. But Shelley, would you like me to try to do the January Snowbirds list by date, so that we can easily see who overlaps whom? I'll be happy to put in that work!

ETA: I just made 400 posts! Does that get me a party??? :cool1:

:cheer2: Woo hoo, i'm so excited for the new thread! :cheer2:

With ASMo, I looked into it and originally that was where we were planning on staying. After looking over reviews on the Dis, I decided to change over to the Pop. There were fewer complaints about mousekeeping, noise, and the buses. I really do think ASMo looks cool though and hope to stay there in the future.

I will be at the Pop while you are there!!! We will have to meet up and say hi!!! I hope you are looking forward to your trip as much as I am!! I can't wait!!!!

I will be at the Pop while you are there!!! We will have to meet up and say hi!!! I hope you are looking forward to your trip as much as I am!! I can't wait!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: Yay, another Popper there when I am! :banana::banana: :banana:

Absolutely we should meet up! It'll be so awesome to meet some other DISers while there. You guys are a huge part of what makes the planning so much fun! :grouphug:

Jen.... I was just wondering about that teaching time....lol.... I have a good friend who is my DS band teacher .... he thinks outside of school she is great... but he says that during the day she "goes all teacher on him"... we actually took her on her first Disney trip about 3 years ago.... she is hooked now!!!!:yay:

LOL!!! Our school works a bit differently! I have a morning break before the kids get here.. then my planning period is about 1hour 15 minutes..and then we have 15 min passing periods. We are on a rotating block schedule and somedays I get a whole schedule where I only have kids in the morning. This is one of those days the last time I saw kids was at 10am. Now I'm done with the day and as I grade I periodically check in on the boards. Tomorrow is a full day and a lab day so I will have to settle with just checking in at lunch. I'm very lucky at my school! I know I get a lot more planning and grading time then other school teachers so I appreciate that a lot!

And now I have re-established the fact that I talk way too much!! Back to grading..maybe LOL!

Has anyone stayed at ASMo before? I keep reading bad reviews but it's hard to tell if people are being biased after staying in Moderate or Deluxe resorts. :confused3

We have stayed there during our last two January trips and plan on staying there again this January.

It is by far the most "Disney themed " resort. It is what it is.... a value resort. Clean, the basic necessities, and a place to lay your head. If you plan on being at WDW for the parks, Movies is the place to stay. If you plan on doing more things around the resort, you'll probably want to look into a Moderate or Deluxe.

The buses are not bad if you have patience. Most of the time we never waited longer than 15-20 minutes. Typically for the MK and Epcot buses it was around a 5-10 minute wait. We have never had a problem with the noise (we stay in the Toy Story Building). There does tend to be tour groups, but they have never bothered us.

Honestly, we could stay in a cardboard box, after all we are at Disney World:thumbsup2.

Two questions:
1) I can see how many posts I have, but how do you see how many posts I have on a particular thread? Or the top 10? Or whatever?

2) Re New Thread: I've got this phobia about posting my picture on the net, especially with all the other ID'g info, like resort & ADRs, so I won't be doing that. But Shelley, would you like me to try to do the January Snowbirds list by date, so that we can easily see who overlaps whom? I'll be happy to put in that work!

ETA: I just made 400 posts! Does that get me a party??? :cool1:

You can see how many posts you have in this thread by going to the "Countdown and Live Reports" forum. Look to the right of the thread name and click on replies.

If you want to take on a list - go for it! I just can't keep up with another list with new people nearly everyday!

YAY for 400 posts Snykymom!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter