January 2014 Rental Car Deal Watch

I'm so glad you all are finding the Dollar/Thrifty promo code helpful. With 14 days to go I think my price of $145 for a full size may be the best I am going to do.

I'm sad I'm not with Alamo again. I suggest you all go and like them on Facebook and let them know how many of us are not renting with them this trip as their promo codes are blacked out. I think if they see all the business they have lost it might make them stop and think.....just my 2 cents anyway.

Now to start watching the weather so I know what to pack :)

I'm so glad you all are finding the Dollar/Thrifty promo code helpful. With 14 days to go I think my price of $145 for a full size may be the best I am going to do.

I'm sad I'm not with Alamo again. I suggest you all go and like them on Facebook and let them know how many of us are not renting with them this trip as their promo codes are blacked out. I think if they see all the business they have lost it might make them stop and think.....just my 2 cents anyway.

Now to start watching the weather so I know what to pack :)

I agree..every single Alamo code I tried to use. Even the promo's directly on their site didn't work!

I like this pattern..we keep going down!!!

Dec 24th-$165
Dec 25th-$159.84
Dec 26th -$153.24 total!

I'm glad I was watching..today the same ressie is $230!!!!! YIKES! Makes sense thought..it will rise for this week and then should...key word "should" drop for last minute rental rates

I agree..every single Alamo code I tried to use. Even the promo's directly on their site didn't work!

The only way I got the coupon to get accepted was by using the insider code and even then it still didn't show as a discount. So I decided to use the upgrade coupon and that worked However the prices have gone up again. I ended up with a standard car for 10 days at $198 total

One thing I found with Alamo coupons this year is that sometimes it would work if I manually typed the coupon in instead of copying and pasting it in... you might try that?

Right now I am at $230 w all taxes from Jan 7-19th I don't expect it really to go down its a decent price for a full size car.

Jennifer

One thing I found with Alamo coupons this year is that sometimes it would work if I manually typed the coupon in instead of copying and pasting it in... you might try that? Right now I am at $230 w all taxes from Jan 7-19th I don't expect it really to go down its a decent price for a full size car. Jennifer

I tried that and it worked. Then I went back to see my reservation and the site said it was invalid because the coupon code was no longer good.....*sigh*

I don't know if this is a good rate or if it helps anyone but when checking the city special on dollar tonight, it showed a minivan for $217 total with taxes for me. And a midsize SUV for $194. Jan 26-1.

Just checked Alamo again this morning and rates have jumped back up over $240/wk. I'm sitting at about $165 for a standard, which is fine... but, still quite a bit higher than I've ever paid in the past. So, I will continue to look and see if I can chip away at that rate a bit more... sometimes they'll offer a good "last minute" rate that really brings it down.

I am sitting on $145 for a full size with Thrifty. Again, never paid that much for a week but they tell me its a busy time. We try to go different times of the year to get a sense of the year in Orlando.

My hope is that next week they drop for me as I am going Jan 11-18.

I shouldn't complain too much I got a free time share week and paid $316 r/t total for me and DH to fly from Boston to Orlando in the winter. I'd say I am ahead of the game already, but I HATE paying more than I have to for anything :) :beach:

I got a full size for $169 thru Dollar with the 5C11M code for Jan 25-Feb 2. I have never used Dollar before, just Alamo. Can anyone say how their experiences with Dollar have been?

Alamo is getting stranger by the minute. i and my next door neighbor are both disney vacationers and have used alamo. we both got an e mail from alamo for the same coupon code. when i try to book a car it says the coupon is no longer available at this location (MCO). when she goes in she's able to get rates and book. though the rates are higher than what we already have at this point

I received the same email yesterday and it doesn't work for me either. We go to Orlando at least 4 times a year and for the past 4 January's...never seem car rentals so much as they are right now. I booked out about 4 weeks ago for the cheapest rate I have seen so far. The day I booked the price dropped about $150 and now it is about $200 more than my quoted price. Alamo site is being very odd...it has me checking more into other companies.

I just booked with Dollar for $168 for a standard from Jan 22-29. I am also renting from the Wyndam hotel by DTD instead of the airport.

I received the same email yesterday and it doesn't work for me either. We go to Orlando at least 4 times a year and for the past 4 January's...never seem car rentals so much as they are right now. I booked out about 4 weeks ago for the cheapest rate I have seen so far. The day I booked the price dropped about $150 and now it is about $200 more than my quoted price. Alamo site is being very odd...it has me checking more into other companies.

I agree Alamo has gone crazy. I amusing Thrifty. Wish I could pick my own car but for a savings of over $200, I'll do what I have to do m

Alamo is getting stranger by the minute. i and my next door neighbor are both disney vacationers and have used alamo. we both got an e mail from alamo for the same coupon code. when i try to book a car it says the coupon is no longer available at this location (MCO). when she goes in she's able to get rates and book. though the rates are higher than what we already have at this point

Make sure she checks her reservation. I used a code and was told it's not valid after I locked I the rates/reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter