January 2015 Car Rental Code Watch

DisneyTexan

Mouseketeer
I'll start...so far I've got a reservation for 8-1/2 days with Dollar Rent-a-car. Grand total is $205 for a compact car. Does anyone have something better?

Rate code is RWHW8, and promo code is 832.

I was able to re-book on August 25th for a better rate with the same discount codes. I should have said that my rental period is 7-1/2 days.

New rate at Dollar is $147 for the grand total for a compact.:thumbsup2

Anyone else?

Going for a short 3 day trip. Got a Full Size from Dollar for $16.25 a day, $75 with taxes using the AAA discount. For me AAA has always been the best price with Dollar.

I'm not having much luck. For some reason, I cannot get those codes to work on Dollar's site. Keeps showing as invalid.

I am flying into MCO and out of Tampa. So far, my best is $241 for a full size using Costco's booking service for Alamo.

Would love to get that lower!!

I reserved a minivan for 10 days end of January into February for $526.00 including all taxes through Alamo using the alamo insider discount. Seems the best price at this time since most coupon codes are good only till Dec 2014. I am hoping better deals come along.

Thanks @mdsd8700 for the tip! I re-booked today with my local AAA rate code, and I'm now at $128 for 7-1/2 days for a mid-size car with Dollar. Yay! It pays to keep shopping.

@mom2mikel: the discount codes were what showed up when I booked the "City Special" with Dollar. The City Special appeared immediately in the middle of the screen after requesting a rate quote. Maybe there isn't a City Special in Tampa for your dates. Keep checking though, you still have time.

watching for possible discounts on a minivan for late January...hoping to find something

We currently have $360 for a minivan flying into Tampa and of MCO with Hertz (AAA discount) for 8 days. Checking every day or 2, but this is by far the cheapest 4 months out.

A little different for us.... We're trying the DVC Hilton Head resort this January. Looking for a car for 1/24-1/29 out of from the Savannah Airport. Best price so far is $230.

Going for a short 3 day trip. Got a Full Size from Dollar for $16.25 a day, $75 with taxes using the AAA discount. For me AAA has always been the best price with Dollar.

Echoing above, also booked a 3-day quick trip (MLK Weekend) and the AAA rate on Thrifty is the best price I found, but it went up quite a bit since I booked a couple of weeks ago. Economy car (only 2 of us) $58.81 all in.

I know thrifty has a bit of a bad reputation but I rented there last week found them rather painless. The car did have 40K+ miles but it ran fine and it was extremely hot that week. No problems.

I'm looking to rent a minivan the last week of January and can't believe how high the rates are! This is our first trip renting a car so I'm on the lookout for any tips or discounts and figured this was a good thread to get in on. :)

I'm looking to rent a minivan the last week of January and can't believe how high the rates are! This is our first trip renting a car so I'm on the lookout for any tips or discounts and figured this was a good thread to get in on. :)

I rented at WDW that same week for many years (pre-kid) and it was always a very cheap week. The prices tend to drop like a stone right after the holidays. Keep checking it but don't expect a decent dip until early January.

I rented at WDW that same week for many years (pre-kid) and it was always a very cheap week. The prices ten to drop like a stone right after the holidays. Keep checking it but don't expect a decent dip until early January.

If you dont mind me asking, where did you rent?

Back then, Alamo or National but more recently Dollar or Thrifty seem to have the best rates.

I rented at WDW that same week for many years (pre-kid) and it was always a very cheap week. The prices ten to drop like a stone right after the holidays. Keep checking it but don't expect a decent dip until early January.

Thanks for the info!

Just booked an Enterprise economy car for $213 at Costco.com for 1/24-1/29 in Savannah. Will keep looking, but at least I have a reservation for something.

This is third time to WDW in january. and I too have got great rates. day after thanksgiving and Dec 1-3. Then prices start going back up. I've gotten an economy(just two of us). for never more then $110 for 7 days...going to have the car 9 days this time so i've budgeted $120, pretty confident, i'll find that. Usually Alamo or Avis(the tram to Avis is painless,took 7mins). Can wait to start seeing peoples deals.... Wow, Jan is going to get here fast! :cool1:

subbing... waiting patiently for a decent rate for Jan 16-21. YAY DISNEY!

Through Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and Coupon AF5365ODH for a free day a midsize is $184 inc taxes with free additional driver. Sign up for free Alamo Insiders and get a free upgrade to a fullsize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter