January 2015....Let the planning begin!

Taking my DD13 and DD11 to WDW in January. We will be there from 1/23-1/30 staying at CBR (first stay here). I am hoping the time doesn't drag for all of us January people since Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is right around the corner :cool1:.

Just wanted to give a little bit of an update....I changed our dates so we are now going to be in the World from 1/21-1/28 and staying at POFQ in a River Room. It is still going to be a girls trip with DD13, DD11, and I :goodvibes.

38 days until our stay at POFQ. I can't wait for careless eating. 1/11-1/18. Anyone know what kind of clothes I should be packing??

We are 50 days out today. :) Our dates are Jan 24 - 29th.

We were there last Jan 23rd to 27th and we had one day when it got warm enough to swim in the afternoon and one day that it was so cold that the plants were covered with sheets of plastic to protect against frost. We always bring our winter coats with us for January trips when the forecast is for weather in the 50's or below.

We'll watch the weather forecasts carefully before packing. And then we'll plan for weather to be just a little cooler than predicted. ;)

I have 7 dining reservations I will be releasing tonight between January 17 through the 25th. Including ADR for bog on the 19th. We have changed our dates to June.

I booked a solo trip yesterday for Jan 26-30. So exited but nervous at the same time, I have never travelled alone before. I will be staying at POP and will be paying out of pocket for meals, have always purchased the DP so this will be new for me. I have one TS booked and that's Crystal Palace on the 27th at 9:30am. I've already booked my FPs, was not able to get Anna and Elsa but I meet them in Sept so no biggie. I was able to get 7DMT for both my MK days at times I wanted, completely different then when I went in sept. I've got Toy Story FP booked as this is one of my favs but not exactly how fun it will be by myself, my DH said to do it and compare to all my other scores. :)

I think the main thing I'm worried about is the weather. If you look at my signature you can see that I have only ever been in late summer/fall so going in January is new for me. Can anyone advise what the weather is like then.

Also I'm thinking crowds are probably light at that time right? Well I think that's about it for now. I'm sure sometime in the next 48 days I will have more questions.

I just requested the FB group (initials BG). My DH and I are surprising our son with a birthday trip Jan 25-30. Neither my DH or I have been to Disney since we were kids, so this is super exciting!

31 Days out for us. We are driving down from Northern VA January 11 and staying off property for the night and then check into BCV on the 12th.

Just made another change to our reservation, we will be at CBR for the final part of our triple split stay instead of Pop.

Definitely looking forward to getting back home!

DH and I fly down on the 12th for a split-stay between Contempory and Port Orleans. I just booked out flight home yesterday. I haven't gotten our passes or adrs, or fastpasses. I am seriously in denial that were going. I just hope I get the Disney fever soon to start planning.

Hi everyone! I'm going to Disney for a few days in January. I am going on a cruise but we'll spend a couple of days at Disney after the cruise. I have no plans set up yet. I'm thinking I'll set up my fastpasses 30 days out and then just wing everything else. I just came back from a 6 night stay at Disney from December 2-8 where we toured very efficiently and planned everything out so I may try a couple of days of no plans. This will also be the first time in a while I'll be staying off site. I'm staying at a timeshare and getting a great deal by sitting through the 90 minute presentation. Not looking forward to that but if it'll save me $150, I'll do it.

Also, I sent a request to the Facebook group! My initials are L.G-P.

We are 50 days out today. :) Our dates are Jan 24 - 29th.

Our's, too! See you there! (hahaha)

I booked a solo trip yesterday for Jan 26-30. (snip)

I think the main thing I'm worried about is the weather. If you look at my signature you can see that I have only ever been in late summer/fall so going in January is new for me. Can anyone advise what the weather is like then.

Also I'm thinking crowds are probably light at that time right? Well I think that's about it for now. I'm sure sometime in the next 48 days I will have more questions.

On my last trip, I had a full 24 hours of solo trip. It was lovely. I did what I wanted, when I wanted which, for many reasons, made it really blissful. Plus, you know, I decided ice cream was an appropriate lunch and there was no one who disagreed with me!

The weather, if you've been following, varies wildly. Just keep your eye on the forecast when it gets closer and pack appropriately. Hard to go wrong with layers, regardless!

The crowds have been pretty light when I've been there, though the tour groups do feel overwhelming. When I went last December, I actually felt the crowds were lighter than my January trip and the tour groups were less, well, overwhelming!

Hi everyone! We are headed to WDW in January and I just found this thread! Wish I had seen this six months ago! We will be there from 1/14-1/24. We can't wait! It is a girls trip with myself and 3 DD's! DD-4 DD-24 DD-26
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :cool1::cheer2:pixiedust:princess:

We will be there from the 18th till the 26th. Very excited! Originally we were going to stay at Windsor Hills Resort but by the time I added everything up (including potential meals) S/P/D seemed like a better deal.

Through an intricate and probably way too complicated series of sharing meals, I have been able to stretch our meal credits out a bit. There's so much food - nobody will go hungry if we share meals and snacks throughout the day. But I'm cheap, so I don't expect everyone to understand my plans, LOL!

How do you do that? I thought they scanned everyone at the table?

I have been treading lightly online in regards to the trip, but now that the cat is out of the bag I can celebrate as much as I want!!

:cheer2:

The kids are very excited! We watched a video from the pop up camper company we are renting from and looked up pics of the Fort. We have never visited there but it seems perfect for us and our budget trip!

I cannot believe it is so soon!! :yay::yay::yay:

Our MagicBands arrived a few days ago and we now have 20 DAYS left!!!:yay:

I'm also with the poster who said they are more excited about January than Christmas:rotfl:!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter