January 2022 discounts

I really want to be in the Casitas section this time. Glad to hear you had a good time.
We were in the Casitas! I've actually stayed at CSR twice and had preferred rooms both times so I've only been in the Casitas. We really liked our rooms both times, and felt like we were conveniently located for El Centro and the bus stop.

If already booked directly with Disney, can you call and have them apply the discount to your package? Will it matter if we already checked in?

I'm waiting for them to renew the military discount. They already announced the renewal for Disneyland so I don't understand why WDW wasn't announced at the same time. Historically, WDW is the first to announce followed by DL so I'm a tad nervous. I have been saving money like I was going to pay rack rates so any discount is good but the armed forces salute ticket discount is amazing.

Thoughts on if there will be a discount on rooms at the Poly in January?- specifically the first week. We have a stay booked Jan 2-9 at rack rate but would love to be able to apply a discount.

Thoughts on if there will be a discount on rooms at the Poly in January?- specifically the first week. We have a stay booked Jan 2-9 at rack rate but would love to be able to apply a discount.

I doubt it. Poly is mostly booked for January. I can't see them releasing a discount if they don't need to push the rooms.

Booked BWI late January. Is there a usual room category that is promoted. I have a water view that is now not available. Not sure if that matters

Booked BWI late January. Is there a usual room category that is promoted. I have a water view that is now not available. Not sure if that matters

Unfortunately Disney only discounts room they need to fill, so that means no discounts for categories that are already sold out at rack rates. :sad1:

In the past I’ve had great luck finding discounted garden views at BWI, and have seen standard rooms as well. The water views seem to be rarer and get snapped up more quickly, but I have seen them. This year and next all bets are off, though.

My advice is to always, ALWAYS initially book the first choice of room that you are willing to pay rack rate for. Then when and if discounts are announced, rebook to whatever looks best at that time. Sometimes you have to be flexible.

If you are OK with paying rack for water view and are simply hoping for a discount, by all means stick with it and budget other stuff accordingly. BW view is great! But if you are pretty certain you will switch without the discount, then book your first choice of room in your target price range right now. Waiting runs the risk that you will have less to choose from in the future, and holding the room actually lessens the chance that it will be discounted.

FWIW, Disney does allow you to hold two reservations at the same time, provided you are willing to pay the two deposits. I try very hard not to do this, but a couple of times I have done so when the my party size, hence the room category needed, was uncertain. I cancel the spare room as soon as I know, to make it available to someone else.

If already booked directly with Disney, can you call and have them apply the discount to your package? Will it matter if we already checked in?

Yes, you can call and apply (or change) a discount after you've booked, assuming that there is still availability within the particular discount offering for your specific resort and room category but I don't think you would be able to do so after you already checked in. There is a danger to that mentality, which we are seeing right now with fall and holiday 2021 discounts, or lack thereof. If loads of people book rooms at rack rates anticipating that they will be able to apply a discount when released Disney loses incentive to offer any discounts, because, hey, look at all of these rooms people have already booked at full rack rate.. so why would they, right? But, what can we do?.. it's sort of like trying to tell tens of thousands of people to hold GME stock indefinitely. Possible, sure, but unlikely.

Unfortunately Disney only discounts room they need to fill, so that means no discounts for categories that are already sold out at rack rates. :sad1:

In the past I’ve had great luck finding discounted garden views at BWI, and have seen standard rooms as well. The water views seem to be rarer and get snapped up more quickly, but I have seen them. This year and next all bets are off, though.

My advice is to always, ALWAYS initially book the first choice of room that you are willing to pay rack rate for. Then when and if discounts are announced, rebook to whatever looks best at that time. Sometimes you have to be flexible.

If you are OK with paying rack for water view and are simply hoping for a discount, by all means stick with it and budget other stuff accordingly. BW view is great! But if you are pretty certain you will switch without the discount, then book your first choice of room in your target price range right now. Waiting runs the risk that you will have less to choose from in the future, and holding the room actually lessens the chance that it will be discounted.

FWIW, Disney does allow you to hold two reservations at the same time, provided you are willing to pay the two deposits. I try very hard not to do this, but a couple of times I have done so when the my party size, hence the room category needed, was uncertain. I cancel the spare room as soon as I know, to make it available to someone else.

yeah, that makes total sense! I was happy to book the room with a view. This is a 1st time trip for me since my kids were babies and they are adults now. I wanted all of the benefits! Guessing there would be little chance of upgrading to club level but I’m hoping someone cancels or switches resorts!!

yeah, that makes total sense! I was happy to book the room with a view. This is a 1st time trip for me since my kids were babies and they are adults now. I wanted all of the benefits! Guessing there would be little chance of upgrading to club level but I’m hoping someone cancels or switches resorts!!

Keep watching, you may get lucky! :shamrock:

In any event you have a great room booked. You will have a wonderful time!

I bit the bullet and booked today. We originally wanted the Polynesian but they don't have our full dates available so we're switching over to the Wilderness Lodge but I'll check back later to see if becomes available. I was originally waiting on the military discount but the last time we tried, they didn't have any availability for the rooms we wanted so don't want to wait and take the risk of no rooms being available for our party since we need multiple rooms. Fingers crossed for a Disney Visa or gen pop discount for our dates.

I bit the bullet and booked today. We originally wanted the Polynesian but they don't have our full dates available so we're switching over to the Wilderness Lodge but I'll check back later to see if becomes available. I was originally waiting on the military discount but the last time we tried, they didn't have any availability for the rooms we wanted so don't want to wait and take the risk of no rooms being available for our party since we need multiple rooms. Fingers crossed for a Disney Visa or gen pop discount for our dates.

Nice! Hopefully the Poly opens up but if not at least you have rooms secured and the WL is always a good time. What are your dates? I too am really hoping that the room discount situation goes back to “normal” after this years holiday season. We typically go on 5-6 trips per year and rely very heavily on the AP and FL resident discounts to not completely break the bank.

We were in the same position, so on Thursday, I booked a split stay at YC and CR. I checked on Friday and saw that availability opened up for Poly, so we decided keep our split stay but switch to Poly instead of CR. Still hoping for those discounts!

Keep checking, every day. I'm finding that resorts open up for a few hours before getting booked again. I checked around 7 AM for our dates, and an Old Key West Studio opened up. It was gone by 7 PM.

Keep checking, every day. I'm finding that resorts open up for a few hours before getting booked again. I checked around 7 AM for our dates, and an Old Key West Studio opened up. It was gone by 7 PM.

yes, that's what I'm seeing too. I also wonder if people rebooked from this year to next year for January and are deciding to change dates again.

Nice! Hopefully the Poly opens up but if not at least you have rooms secured and the WL is always a good time. What are your dates? I too am really hoping that the room discount situation goes back to “normal” after this years holiday season. We typically go on 5-6 trips per year and rely very heavily on the AP and FL resident discounts to not completely break the bank.

We're doing a split stay with 1/22 - 1/24 at POFQ and then 1/24 - 1/31 at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter