Japan Terrrace for Illuminations?

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well, I am really depressed. I had a big family trip with scheduled for my Mom and Step-fathers 25th Anniversary and 15 people have backed out within the last week.

Anyway, I had an Illuminations Dessert party scheduled at the French Island Upper. This is off the bridge that goes between the UK and France, but this area requires a minimum of 20 people. Apparently, the only viewing location that requires less is the Japan Terrace, this has a minimum of 10 people. Has anyone viewed Illuminations from the Japan Terrace, how good is it? I hate to pay for 20 people just to have the good view at the French Island Upper when I only have 6 people going now if the view from Japan Terrace is just as good. Thanks in advance.

Do you mean the balcony in front of Matsu No Ma lounge? If so, I've seen Illuminations from up there several times. The Japanese arch (can't remember the name, like a Pi) blocks the view a little. However, I thought it was really a nice spot.

Just curious, if this is the place, are they reserving it for groups now? When I saw Illuminations from there, it wasn't reserved, and it was a pretty well-kept secret-at the busier times, you could get a spot up there 30 mins in advance. Now, if it's all full when I go up those stairs next week, I'll know the word got out!

I'm guessing they mean the terrace on the pavillion's pagoda, which is often reserved for groups.

It's a fantastic view!! I have seen Illuminations better than 30 times and almost always watch from japan!!

Solotraveler

The way it was described to me was "the terrace on the pagoda next to where the drummers are". solotraveler is that where you are referring to? Does the Red Japan Arch block the view? Thanks.

Terry....that was exactly what I was referring to. I'm thinking you will be far enough right to see the globe without the tori gate interferring with your view at all. Everything else is high enough off the water that you should be fine.

Have a great time! (I'm completely jealous)

Solotraveler

We' always watch from the Japan Terrace and it has never been disappointing. Good luck and enjoy!

I sent Disney an email question about Grand Gatherings events for large groups, a family reunion of 50 or more. Instead of an email response, I received a phone call back yesterday at work!! I was thrilled! It was a private events coordinator calling to tell me about better private party options, one of which was a dessert/Illuminations viewing! He did say there is a minimum # required, and a convention guide is required for each group of 50, at a cost of $90 per guide.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter