Jennifer & Daniel's PJ-WP/Ariels/SCP-6/14/10- DP &MK Pics,album,HM TR - updated 1/25

I love the dress! You look great! The shoes are so cute! I love Target too. It's like my second home. Can't wait to see what else you plan...
Thank you!

I love love love Target so much! I can't walk in there without dropping at least $75, lol! SO I try not to go too often.

Ok, so I was in Downtown Disney this past weekend and bought a few wedding items. I don't have pics yet because the AC has been out at my house so I haven't been staying there. Imagine 100+ degree weather and sitting in a HOT house, not fun.

So once the AC is fixed I will be posting pics.

I bought the Mickey and Minnie Wedding ears for our Save the Dates, I'm planning on taking a pic with us in them and finally letting everyone know it's a Disney Wedding.

I also bought a Wedding Mickey and Minnie Salt and pepper shaker set. Not to use but for the StD pics. My cousin is a photographer so she offered to do our Engagement session and a pic for the save the dates.

I'll be going back in August to visit the ceremony sites and take pics of them all. I called the wedding number and the man I spoke to told me that I can go visit any site, even the wedding pavillion as long as a wedding isn't going on. SO I will be doing that with my mom, Danny and probably a cousin.

So, I think I'm wavering between the gazebo and SBP. Any opinions? I like that for my wedding I can have everyone sitting under shade in SBP, we're Floridians so even December is hot for us, lol.

So, during the July 4th holiday Danny and I went to the Universal Orlando Resort for the long weekend. We enjoyed our weekend very much. We stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel and had front of the line passes all weekend which was great because we all know how parks get during a holiday weekend.

On the way home we decided that we would go to Downtown Disney to walk around, shop, and (in my mind) look for wedding stuff :)

We went to World of Disney first and bought our Wedding Ears!
P7290033.jpg

P7290034.jpg

P7290037-1.jpg

We are going to take a picture wearing the ears in our Save the Date. A family friend has a 1957 Red Thunderbird that Danny dies over.
2543677296_cb72aa2190.jpg

He has kindly let us borrow it for our engagement pictures and we will also take a pic of us in the car with the ears on for our StD's. I'm really excited for us.

This was a very productive weekend in helping us get our save the dates and our engagement pictures Disney-fied ;)

Next up... centerpieces...

My mom realized the other day that getting centerpieces done by the Disney florist would be a pretty penny and since she has offered to help with the bulk of the reception costs she wants to save money, and I can't really blame her. I don't mind losing control when it saves me money, lol.

So since the wedding is so close to Christmas we decided that a christmas theme would be appropriate. Now it's nothing overtly green/red, lol. It's just a small touch in the centerpieces that will look something similar to this
christmassnow-display01-lg.jpg

Now, the candle will not be red, but white and the hurricane vase will be filled with red gemstones. The wreath around the vase will be plain with mickey confetti sprinkled all around it. I have bought the gems and confetti. The gems were on sale at Michaels and the confetti I had made in the wedding colors; Red, White, and Black.
I also bought Red, white and black ribbon that was on sale for 33 cents a spool. I will need them for the favor tags and at 3 for a $1 you can't beat it.
P7290030.jpg

P7290027.jpg

P7290032.jpg

Next up... Invitations...

So, we finally all decided on which invitations we will be using. It took over a month to finally decide between the 3 options I gave them (them being my mom, aunt, cousins, Future MIL and Danny). I knew black was going to be one of our wedding colors so what they chose went perfectly with the theme.

Invitations
KG51A1Nlr.jpg

Favor Tags
KG51A1NGTlr.jpg

Seating Cards
KGN51A1Nlr.jpg

I'm very pleased with what was chosen. I love the Black/white/red combination.

Now to think about bouquet options...

Welcome! All your plans sound great so far! Your dress looks great on you!

I love the Mickey confetti and the centerpiece idea, if I lived closer to Disney I would make them myself too. The invitations are great too and really fit your theme!

I love your STD idea! The invites look great too! May I ask where you got them?

We're also doing a Christmas-y theme! :goodvibes

Welcome! All your plans sound great so far! Your dress looks great on you!

I love the Mickey confetti and the centerpiece idea, if I lived closer to Disney I would make them myself too. The invitations are great too and really fit your theme!
Thanks! My mom came up with the centerpiece idea when we were thinking of how close the wedding is to xmas. And we're having a small wedding so making the centerpieces is easy when we only have to make 3 or 4, lol.

I love everything you've done so far, fantastic centerpieces! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks!

I love your STD idea! The invites look great too! May I ask where you got them?

We're also doing a Christmas-y theme! :goodvibes
Thanks, Danny saw the car at our family's house a few weeks ago and kept telling me about it so I called them and asked if we could use it, he's so excited.

The invites I found at this site... http://weddingneeds.cceasy.com/orde...rcontinue=yes&strsearch=yes&format=WedEnsCC2a
I'm off to read your PJ, it's so soon!:banana:

So this morning I called DFTW people to just get an idea of somethings and they took my info down and hopefully I will be assigned a planner today or tomorrow. I'm excited!

I love all the Disney touches you are going to use for your wedding, I have seen so many pictures of weddings at Disney and a lot of them lack that disney touch. Props to you! Oh and your invitations are adorable!!!

I love all the Disney touches you are going to use for your wedding, I have seen so many pictures of weddings at Disney and a lot of them lack that disney touch. Props to you! Oh and your invitations are adorable!!!
Thank you! Yes, I love the disney touches too! I wanted a Mickey theme instead of a fairy tale theme, no cinderella carraige or anything cinderella/prince charming.

I wanted Mickey only, lol!

So, I was browsing around at wedding bands for Danny a while ago but never found anything that was "him".

Then I found it... We have a thing we say to each other all the time, comparing our love to infinity. He even went as far as to get his first tattoo and it was the infinity symbol. I'll be going for my tattoo in Sept once summer is over. His is just the infinity symbol on his back between his shoulder blades mine is going to be a little more subtle. I want a japanese cherry blossom on the top of my foot and inside the flower I will have the infinity symbol. So the symbol is very important to us. I also was not going to get him a very expensive wedding band because he is a paramedic and could easily lose the ring (he's that kind of guy, lol).

I was looking at stainless steel rings and found the perfect ring for him
Dannysweddingband.jpg

I know he'll love it.

Now my wedding band is a bit more complicated. I am going to have to have it made because my e-ring is a custom made ring. The jeweler who made it doesn't have a matching band for it but has a picture of what it will look like so that's what I am attaching...
jennsweddingband.jpg

It's the match to my side stones, it's dainty looking so I'll probably be buying two bands to sandwich my e-ring to make it look more substantial.

So, my mom asked me to look for candy molds so we could give that as a favor. Edible favors always go over well, lol.

I bought 2 of these molds...
mickeyminniemolds.jpg

They are perfect and actually look like Mickey and Minnie and not an imitation, lol.

So yesterday I finally spoke to Stacy, liked her right off the bat! She didn't try to upsell me but just answered all my questions. And she answered them all honestly without trying to suggest something more grand or something I didn't want or couldn't afford.

At the end of our convo she promised to email me a ton of info on pricing structures for both an Escape and Wishes Wedding. She planned a, Escape package with a small reception and broke down all pricing for me and then did the same with a Wishes wedding package. It was funny how the Escape package break down was exactly what I would have planned or myself. I just balked at the price, I mean close to $10k for an escape package and we couldn't even dance or enjoy the reception like I would want to. Then I looked over the Wishes breakdown (we all know the 12k minimum for 2010) and it was close to 18k but there was so much I could cut out like photography/videography, transportation, bridesmaid bouquets, ect... and the price dropped from 18k to close to the 12 minimum.

So, Danny, my mom and I sat down yesterday and discussed the situation. We could have an Escape Wedding that would cost 10k but skimp on some of the things that are important to us or pay a bit more and get everything we want plus be able to invite the full list of 35 people we actually started out with.

We decided that a Wishes Wedding was for us... now we just have to keep it at the 12k minimum. I'm a budget queen, I mean I saved close to half my pay last year while still paying for a car and all utilities in my house... I can do this!

So, I guess we just moved to a Wishes wedding!

Yay for Wishes brides!! We went back and forth for a while and ultimately decided the same thing. We would end up spending just as much but the Wishes wedding would give us a bit more. Congratulations!!

Yay for Wishes brides!! We went back and forth for a while and ultimately decided the same thing. We would end up spending just as much but the Wishes wedding would give us a bit more. Congratulations!!
Thanks! We're excited at the possibilities!

So Thursday morning we left the house at 10am to make our 2pm appointment with Stacy.

We were driving up for vacation with 20+ family members for my baby nephews' first disney trip. So when I finally decided that I was going with a Wishes wedding I asked for a site visit so I could see a few places and make a choice so I can get penciled in.

We made it to Franck's at 2 exactly and were greeted by Stacy. She was so kind and very informative. And she was willing to see and walk with us to everything I wanted see even in 98 degree weather.

We first went to see the wedding pavilion because she said we had to see it even if we want to be married at SBP. We saw the pavilion, loved it and asked where a small reception for 35 would take place at the Grand Floridian so we could see it. She took us to the Whitehall Room and patio and we loved it, it has a view of the castle and we can even see fireworks from the patio. I mean, come on, that sold it for me but I still wanted to see SBP and the St. James room.

We got back in the towncar and drove to the Boardwalk Inn. We walked in, looked around the lobby and started the walk to SBP. And kept walkin, and walking, and walking... see a pattern there? It was hot and the walk was so long. Strike one against SBP. I asked if there was another exit closer for me to walk out of and was told no. Then we made the long walk back to the convention center and to the St. James room. The room is gorgeous and large for a small wedding like mine but it would have been perfect once tables and a dance floor were involved. They were setting up for a wedding while we went to look at it, it had a cake table and a long dinner table in it whe we went. The planner pointed out the new carpet and asked if we like it. I had to admit that it was loud and maybe even tacky but it did go with the theme of the hotel. I just thought it was a bit much.

We left the boardwalk Inn and went back to Franck's. We spoke about photography and a little about $$ and what I expected from the wedding. We also talked theme, colors, and how I wanted a more Mickey theme than cinderella/princess theme.

So now to get to the pictures, there's a lot of them so I'll warn you now...

Wedding Pavilion
P8130038.jpg
P8130039.jpg

P8130040.jpg
P8130041.jpg

P8130042.jpg
P8130043.jpg

P8130044.jpg
P8130046.jpg

P8130047.jpg

Whitehall room and Patio
P8130048.jpg
P8130049.jpg

P8130050.jpg
P8130053.jpg

P8130054.jpg
P8130055.jpg

P8130056.jpg

SBP
P8130057.jpg
P8130061.jpg

P8130063.jpg

St. James Room
P8130064.jpg
P8130065.jpg

P8130067.jpg

So between the two places I saw I decided on the Weding pavilion and the whitehall room/patio. Stacy penciled us in and now we just need to wait and talk to her in November and then again a week before our year out date so we can confirm the dates. I'm looking forward to this because this trip made me very excited! The best part was when we were on the monorail going to our car after our Magic Kingdom day we saw a reception going on at the whitehall patio and it looked lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter