Jersey week crowds this year (2017)

We are from Jersey and will be there 11/3-11. Flights home to PHL are high. We went the same week three years ago and while busy it was very manageable.
Exactly, and given the issues in Texas pricing won't be coming down..........if you haven't already get your tickets ASAP!

Doug :goofy:

We'll be at WDW 11/4 through 11/11. We have a few friends who tried to book Jersey Week over the summer, and had lots of issues with hotel availability and flight prices.

We're flying into TPA as well. We normally rent a car, and the flights were $200 less per person for the times we wanted vs MCO (we booked soon after flights were released), so it seemed well worth the extra half hour or so in the car each way.

We've been there during Jersey Week a few times, but skipped the past 2 years, so I'm hoping we're mentally prepared for this trip!

We are from Jersey and will be there 11/3-11. Flights home to PHL are high. We went the same week three years ago and while busy it was very manageable.

We went this week in 2013 and 2014, and I agree with your assessment of those crowds. I'm just a little concerned for this year because I've heard from several different friends who go every year, that it was a lot more crowded last year than in years past. Fingers crossed it's not exponentially worse this year!

We did Jersey week last year (2016).........it was crowded, especially Epcot. The two days we were at Epcot (one was a Dapper Day) World Showcase was kind of insane. The Magic Kingdom was impacted because of Disney shooting the Christmas special during the week. The MK was nice on the day we did the MVMCP.....lines were reasonable. The other two parks were ok.......but remember this is before Pandora.

I don't recall what the hotel occupancy was then as we rented DVC for that weeks. All I know is this year..........there really hasn't been availability since July............there were almost no AP discounts to be had.....that means no rooms! My wife and I go at least once a year so the impact to us won't be to bad. For people who don't visit every year it could be eye-opening......"could be?" You just never know until you get there.

Doug :goofy:

Yes, I remember the taping going on last year too at mk during jersey week. so marathon weekends, veterans weekends, jersey week, taping for xmas show in mk for abc, food and wine and this year pandora and oh, I remember some baseball team won something and came to visit MK too last year during that week and MK was mobbed for a parade this team was in on top of all of that!!! For us, we truly splurged and avoided a lot when we did the club villain, swfw dessert party and mvmcp all in the same week for the first time for each, we avoided the crowds a bit it helped.

We are going November 6-9 with one park a day. I thought it might be a low crowd time but now I am not so sure lol.

I’m coming from Australia during that week - just one MK visit for MVMCP and one park day at AK. (I had no idea what Jersey week was until about 45 seconds ago when I googled it)
In terms of crowds...I dont have any flex with my park days so will just have to make do and enjoy it.
We’re staying offsite.

I will be there 11/7-11/17. The only place I have EVER read anything about Jersey week is here on disboards. At first I thought maybe they gave a discount to NJ people that week. lol. I hope the crowds will be manageable, and that as a single I can move efficiently. I have my FPs and ADRs set.

We are making a Jersey Week return this year after switching to summer vacations for the last three years. In the past, Jersey Week has been crowded, but manageable. Crowds definitely get worse as the week progresses. We're bracing for bigger crowds this year, but thrilled to visit during the fall season, when weather is usually beautiful. Crowds are far more tolerable when it's not 100 degrees!

I am amused to see that I am not the only one dragging my luggage all over Orlando doing those annoying split stays. I felt like a planning failure because I am switching so much.

We're heading down 11/2-11/10 to cover the W&D Half then staying through Jersey week doing the party on Thursday, 11/9. I'm nervous about the first party not being held until Thursday this year compared to Monday last year. Last year was great because most of the marathon weekend guests left and the full Jersey crowds hadn't arrived yet. Not a single ride had a wait at the party. Oh well, I'll be happy to be there regardless. Heads up to anyone arriving early, VP Pence is speaking at the GF on Thursday, 11/2 and it's expected to cause commuting headaches.

We're heading down 11/2-11/10 to cover the W&D Half then staying through Jersey week doing the party on Thursday, 11/9. I'm nervous about the first party not being held until Thursday this year compared to Monday last year. Last year was great because most of the marathon weekend guests left and the full Jersey crowds hadn't arrived yet. Not a single ride had a wait at the party. Oh well, I'll be happy to be there regardless. Heads up to anyone arriving early, VP Pence is speaking at the GF on Thursday, 11/2 and it's expected to cause commuting headaches.
Seriously about Pence? We are going to MK that day from Yacht Club so hopefully won't have any issues.

I will be there 11/7-11/17. The only place I have EVER read anything about Jersey week is here on disboards. At first I thought maybe they gave a discount to NJ people that week. lol. I hope the crowds will be manageable, and that as a single I can move efficiently. I have my FPs and ADRs set.
The crowds should start dropping off after the 12th. At least, that's what happened last year.

We have been Jersey Week for the last 4 years. Busy but manageable is the perfect description. But we are two adults who are no longer park stormers. I can't imagine trying to do it all now.

For those flying out - how bad were the airfares? That's my biggest concern and driving to Philadelphia isn't an option so we'll have to leave out of a major NJ airport (we can always get to a major NY airport, but NJ is easier for us).

We are going Jersey Week. Can't wait! Split stay with AKL and BLT. The AKL part will be while visiting AK and the BLT part will be while visiting MK. Second year in a row and fingers crossed for slightly lower crowds than last year. We are at MK on the 10th (with 7 am opening) and 11th (with 2 am closing) and I want to see the park at both those hours!!!!!

Were the MK hours always 8 am that week or did they change that recently? We've decided to do Jersey Week instead of August next year. Want to see decorations, avoid hurricanes and not have to deal with the heat as much. It'll just be me and DD12 and she really pushed for November so I'm gonna try it out.

Last edited:
airfares were bad at least for united so we booked a flight arriving from newark 11/4 at midnight. my teen boys are happy about that as last year we left well before 4 a.m.ish. definitely not their hour! midnight, their hour! I'm concerned about that for myself, expecting to arrive at WL at 2 am I'm guessing which is not great for me personally. I guess we'll sleep in a bit next day which is not my usual disney schedule to sleep in. but again, the flight was much cheaper (nonstop to mco from newark), hoping no delays which is why i prefer the first plane out because after all it's newark. i hear southwest is much better pricing but i grabbed the united this time. honestly, i may be too excited though to even fall asleep at 2 a.m. for the next day anyway! can't wait !

We are heading down 11/4-11/11 for our second year in a row of Jersery week. We absolutely loved it last year....perfect weather, F&W, Christmas decor at MK, and MVMCP. Busy but manageable is definitely how I would describe it as well. Last year we had a great touring plan and never waited more than 30 minutes for anything (including headliners). Expecting about the same this year. Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter