Jet Blue Questions

ChloeChipper

Mouseketeer
We have never flown Jet Blue before, so forgive my ignorance.

• Is it true that in Orlando they board from the back of the plane?
  • Do they have power at the seats, for charging phones?
  • If you buy the Extra Space seats do you get on the plane early? (we bought extra space seats for the trip TO Orlando, but normal seats going back home)
  • If they run out of room for the carry-ons in the overhead storage and check your bag, do you have to pay?
  • Any tips for us? As first time Jet Blue customers?

We've flown Jet Blue to and from Orlando a few of times in the past 2-3 years. I don't recall having boarded from the back of the plane, but we haven't flown Jet Blue out of MCO in the past few months, so maybe that's a new thing (or maybe I'm just drawing a blank in remembering)? We've typically been in the first few rows and I'm fairly certain we boarded from the front.

The planes we've been on did not have power at the seats, we've flown on both A320s and (more often) E190s and neither have had outlets. Perhaps the newer planes in the fleet do, though, but definitely not all of them.

Extra Space seats did get priority boarding (as well as priority security) when we flew JetBlue. This helped a bit as far as the overhead bin space, but everyone in the Extra Space category boards at the same time, and those seats are often clustered together, so while you can definitely get overhead space, it may not be directly above or near your seats.

Our flight home last time was full, and the airline staff were gate checking any bag that didn't seem as though it would easily fit. There was no charge for this, but it did mean having to retrieve those bags at the carousel.

We love flying Jet Blue, and try to do so whenever we fly somewhere they have service. We've been lucky, since we fly a lot out of JFK, and there are always lots of Jet Blue flight options.

Jet Blue always boards from the rear of the plane but they do pre board people who need it and extra space seats before general boarding.

There are no power outlets onboard for personal use.

If you are asked to check a carry-on due to space issues no they do not make you pay.

Don't forget headphones so you can hear the tv - every seatback has one. Also they now have wifi but it was very slow so I watched tv instead. If you choose cookies as your snack, very few in the bag and the cookies are very small.

I almost always fly JetBlue to and from Orlando and I've never boarded from the rear of the plane.

I almost always fly JetBlue to and from Orlando and I've never boarded from the rear of the plane.

Really? In what order did JetBlue have people get on the plane if they didn't start with the back rows first? (After people who need help getting on board, Medallion, Even More Space, and families).

I've been flying JetBlue to/from Orlando for years and they've always boarded from the rear. Row 25 and above, row 20 and above, etc. I always choose seats in the front so very near the last to board, and so far have never not found space for my carry on.

1. Jetblue always boards this way
  • Pre-boarding (guests with disability or those that need help down the walk way usually wheelchairs must speak with gate agent before being allowed pre-boarding). The person who needs it plus 1 is allowed to board.
  • Mosaic customers - highest tier of being a Jetblue frequent flyer
  • Extra legroom (extra speed is only for security at least that is what I have been told every time)
  • Families with children under X age (sometimes it is 2 sometimes I hear 5 yeah never really know and is less likely to be offered to and from Orlando)
  • Back to front.
2. Some planes have power on the seats some do not. No way to tell until you get on the plane.
3. Extra space = pretty much guaranteed over head bin space as long as you are ontime. You must be to the gate a little earlier then the posted boarding time as they do often start early.
4. If they run out and check your luggage you do not pay. If you are just trying to avoid paying and not time saving you can even volunteer to gate check a carry on for free. I did this our last trip. The only way you usually end up paying is if you have more than 2 carry on pieces per a person or they are over sized. They pretty much never charge but FAs have the ability to charge you if they feel like it was abuse of the situation on your part and not an honest mistake or they ran out.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy. Jetblue is our preferred airline and I grumble when I have to fly anyone else. 99% of their FAs are the best I've ever encountered. They have the widest and best selection of free fully sized drinks and snacks. There snack boxes are affordable if you want something a little more hefty while in flight. Also when things go wrong they are quick to try and make it right. Even when I booked a non-refundable fare that got moved due to weather they refunded me the price since the new flight now longer worked and the customer service agent was so nice as she listened to me cry about missing my cousins wedding. When ever I have had anything go wrong Jetblue has fixed it or at least let me feel like my voice was heard.

Always fly JetBlue and always board from the back to the front. Of course extra leg room folks get priority boarding. If they have to gate check your bag, it's always been free. When we flew them in February they were offering free movies. That was a nice extra then. Remember your earbuds or headphones.

Oh if you mean physically get on front the back and not from the front no they don't do that. Years and Years and Years ago they use to deplaned from the front and back but they don't do that any more as it requires more ground crew to deplane that way and most airports aren't set up for it any more.

We have never flown Jet Blue before, so forgive my ignorance.

• Is it true that in Orlando they board from the back of the plane?
  • Do they have power at the seats, for charging phones?
  • If you buy the Extra Space seats do you get on the plane early? (we bought extra space seats for the trip TO Orlando, but normal seats going back home)
  • If they run out of room for the carry-ons in the overhead storage and check your bag, do you have to pay?
  • Any tips for us? As first time Jet Blue customers?

Just flew home on Monday on JB...ft. Myers to Hartford though...

They always board back to front with the exception of those that need extra boarding time, those that bought extra space seats and mosaic members.

No power in the seats...maybe the extra space, it's been 4 yrs since I sat in one.

Yes you get to board early with the extra space seats. I buy them for the return home from MCO since that airport is crazy!

On our flight down to fl and our return they asked for volunteers at the gate (before the plane arrived) to check bags for free so we did. I won't pay the $25 and I don't need the liquid space because we go to my sisters, have a car.

Don't expect all the TVs to work. My sons worked part of the way home, the way down his had poor lighting but it worked. So he watched a movie on amazon prime via the wifi. Terra blue chips...yum!

Really? In what order did JetBlue have people get on the plane if they didn't start with the back rows first? (After people who need help getting on board, Medallion, Even More Space, and families).

Stupid me, I misunderstood the statement. Ignore my previous post.

Oh if you mean physically get on front the back and not from the front no they don't do that. Years and Years and Years ago they use to deplaned from the front and back but they don't do that any more as it requires more ground crew to deplane that way and most airports aren't set up for it any more.

That's where my head was at.

Stupid me, I misunderstood the statement. Ignore my previous post.

That's where my head was at.

We always fly in/out of Long Beach and at that airport, they DO actually open the rear door and board/deplane from both doors.

As far as power it depends on the type of aircraft for your flight. Check out seatguru.com and plug the date and flight number in and it will tell you what type of aircraft you are on and what it has for amenities. Some of their aircraft do have power according to seatguru.

Last edited:
1) OK, I admit I only flew Jet Blue once.
. . . I was a guest of Douglas Aircraft, and we HAD to fly Jet Blue.
. . . It was a pleasant flight, but they lost my luggage
. . . Yes, this was a long time ago
. . . In fact, Moby Dick was still a minnow.
2) We have Snow Bird friends that fly JB all the time.
3) They said, other than premium seats, the plane is boarded from the rear.
4) It does create problems when the last boarding people do not have overheard room.
5) They have to have their carry-on luggage checked.
6) Yep, some unhappy folks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter