Jiko wine tasting - with kids???

twirly123

Mouseketeer
We would love to do the wine tasting but have 2 children (11 and 3). I know that they cannot go to the childcare centre unaccompanied - has anyone taken them to the wine tasting or is this out of bounds until my eldest is a bit older?

Have you read the reviews on the wine tasting. This is an adult, 21 and older event. Your children will not be welcomed nor is there anywhere to accommodate them.

I think it would be awkward to have them there. I attended the tasting this past year. You sit at a large table for ~12. This review on easywdw has a picture of the set-up so you can visualize. The sommelier stands at the head of the table and/or walks around and talks about the wines, asks questions (like what do you taste/smell) and answers questions. You get a sample of a few wines and the snacks are fairly sparse. I suppose you could pay to have your kids take up two seats (obviously they wouldn't be served) but I think it would be very boring for them and potentially distracting for you and the other guests. Since it's so limited and happens once a week it's a hard to get reservation. Sorry - imagine this wasn't the answer you were hoping for but I think this is something you may want to wait to do for when you have childcare. The Victoria Falls lounge might be a good compromise - could bring your kids, there are some living room like conversation areas with loveseats and coffee tables, am sure the bartenders would be happy to create a flight or something for you. It's a fantastic resort and well worth a visit and looking around. Plenty for the kids to do around the resort -- just probably not the wine tasting. Also, if you think your kids would sit through a dinner, the servers at Jiko are well-versed in the wines and there are several flights that you could try with dinner.

I have experienced Jiko wine tasting a couple of times. I would say it is definitely adult-oriented. Whatever the rules are, I suggest not to go with children.

We would love to do the wine tasting but have 2 children (11 and 3). I know that they cannot go to the childcare centre unaccompanied - has anyone taken them to the wine tasting or is this out of bounds until my eldest is a bit older?
Honestly the Jiko wine tasting is for adults. As suggested above, the bar at Victoria Falls is nice. It's no problem to bring kids in there. It's a lovely space. I think it would be a good alternative.

It does say 21 and over, so.........with that said it is not go nor would I bore kids with this as this a total experience geared for adults, I dont care for wine but my wife LOVED it........

Thank you everyone. I did know it was over 21 but just wondered if there was a way to do it when you had no childcare options. I appreciate now that the answer to this is no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter