Jillian and Michael's Disney DREAM Wedding PJ

57 days until we set sail, 58 days until we get hitched! I've submitted my paperwork (a little bit under the wire!) and HOPEFULLY I can keep myself together and composed! It's crunch time and I'm feeling the pressure! So much to do, so little time! I got a few days off mid-august to fly 'back home' to Chicagoland for several items of business... Perm hair, Color hair, Final Dress Fittings, Pick up dress and fly it to Florida! Also on the agenda is a bridal shower! My mom is putting it together with the ladies at her church, and my BFF/MOH is flying in to share that chaotic and busy few days with me! I hope she keeps me sane!

I have so many unfinished projects that I need to get done! I have to finish decorating my favor bags, I need to finish making and packaging soaps for all of my guests (insert Fight Club joke here), I need to finish making and packaging bath salts (inset zombie joke here), I have to make small Mickey flower Pomander wands for the flower girls, I have to spray paint and decorate flower girls' petal baskets, I need to make tags for each bag complete with guest names and room numbers, I need to make door magnets- one for each room AND one for each guest... I also have to arrange for bus transportation and go tux shopping with Michael, I need to go tanning (I know, fake-baking is BAD, but I normally shy away from the sun and I just don't trust spray tans!) I need to see if I can arrange and afford a boudoir shoot... Oh gosh, I'm sure I'm missing a zillion other little things that need to get done!

It doesn't help that just last month one of my roommates up and left without a replacement, and now the other roommate is deserting us too! So now instead of $320 rent, we're going to have to shell out $950/month that we're just not prepared to be paying! All of those funds were SUPPOSED to be going towards the wedding and related expenses! I'm freaking out a little... okay, A LOT! I need people to fill my rooms so we can continue living! I don't know what to dooooo! :sad2:

Okay, so at the moment I'm TRYING to spend all of my spare time getting little projects done. Yesterday I made 10 soaps and packaged them today. Yesterday I also made all 50 bath salts!! Except that a couple hours later they'd absorbed so much of the florida humidity that they turned into a solid brick! I got a few suggestions from my soap supplier and THANK GOD, I think the project is salvageable! Today I dug out all of the pink salts into a mixing bowl and broke up all the chunks (as best I could) then I baked the entire mixture on a cookie sheet at 250 for 15 minutes to dry them out, THEN I added a handful of uncooked rice to help keep the salt dry. After I put them back in their cute little 2 oz jars, I wrapped saran wrap around them and shank them with a heat gun. I do NOT want ANY moisture to ruin them again! Unfortunately, this is a huge undertaking and I still have more than 2/3 left of them left to go! On the bright side, I used some of the bath salts today in a HOT steamy bath, and it felt amazing and calmed me a bit. Here's hoping that something as simple as listening to music while soaking in a hot bath can keep me calm over the next several weeks!!

Here's the bath salts. The pink one is fragranced with Exotic Fruit Smoothie and Sun Ripened Raspberry. The purple one is Sheer Freesia with Raspberry Violet. The Blue one is called Salty Mariner and is such an amazing ocean-y scent! I'm reserving the blue for the men, though I have a feeling most of them would give them away!
2012-07-18_14-16-07_422.jpg

I finished my pixie dust!! I know some of my readers have long awaited this one! My problem was that a fellow bride friend of mine promised me a sheet of the hershey kiss stickers that you can personalize, BUT she moved away and it got packed, blah blah blah. I finally sucked it up and bought a pack myself, even though it came with 400+ stickers and I only have 30 pixie dust vials! Anywho, Enjoy.
2012-07-18_14-08-17_84.jpg

2012-07-18_14-11-41_45.jpg

2012-07-18_14-11-56_19.jpg

2012-07-18_14-12-32_113.jpg

and just for giggles, here's a few more soaps I made. The Green swirl is Wasabi and Moroccan Mint, The Pink/Dark Purple is Sun Ripened Raspberry and Violet, and the pink embedded Mickey soap is scented with Passionfruit Papaya and Lychee Red Tea... OMG, it smells AMAZING!!!
2012-07-18_14-18-11_994.jpg
2012-07-18_14-17-30_423.jpg
2012-07-18_14-16-32_951.jpg

And another DIS member asked about starfish soap on the DCL Brides thread... I took a whack at it and made some 'starfish in sand' soap. It was pretty tricky getting a sandy color, to be honest! I don't have any brown colorants to tone down yellow! They could've turned out better, but it always takes some trials and errors to get it perfect! Here's a couple photos of those in case she ever wanders onto my page! (I would love to make and sell soaps or bath salts as wedding favors! I would love a way to craft for a living, if only I could figure out how!) I apologize for the horrible night-time lighting in these photos. Apparently my light bulbs are very yellow-y!
2012-07-11_19-24-55_392.jpg

2012-07-11_19-26-49_924.jpg

Well, wish me luck! I'm hoping to keep the hair-pulling and nail biting and sleeplessness at a minimum. :eek: Just yesterday I was super-bummed about my salt project gumming up and it put me into a REAL funk all night. Michael does his best to cheer me up, and that's why I love him! (He also knows when to just shut up and love me from afar! hahahahaha!) Ahh, wish me sanity, because I'm surely going to need it!

Hi Jillian-

I have enjoyed reading your PJ. I too will be doing a vow renewal Nov 19th on the Dream, but no one knows about it yet. My best friend knows, but just found out she can't get the time off of work.

I haven't started anything yet. Starting to get cracking on that. I know I want lavendar/purple and silver for my colors. I have been trying to figure out favors and goodies for the embarkation bags for the families. There are only 7 families I have to make things for. So, not too overwhelming. I will using all these castaway club bags I have from prior cruises. I can clear them from my closet:yay:

I love the idea of the Mickey Head soaps. I see the website where you got them from, but was wondering if you could help me with how much to order and such to make around 20 of them or so. Did you get the mold at Downtown Disney? I'm actually heading over there this weekend.

Can't wait to see your photos from your wedding. I will have to use a shutters photographer. Looking for some unique spots on the ship.

Hi Jillian-

I have enjoyed reading your PJ. I too will be doing a vow renewal Nov 19th on the Dream, but no one knows about it yet. My best friend knows, but just found out she can't get the time off of work.

I haven't started anything yet. Starting to get cracking on that. I know I want lavendar/purple and silver for my colors. I have been trying to figure out favors and goodies for the embarkation bags for the families. There are only 7 families I have to make things for. So, not too overwhelming. I will using all these castaway club bags I have from prior cruises. I can clear them from my closet:yay:

I love the idea of the Mickey Head soaps. I see the website where you got them from, but was wondering if you could help me with how much to order and such to make around 20 of them or so. Did you get the mold at Downtown Disney? I'm actually heading over there this weekend.

Can't wait to see your photos from your wedding. I will have to use a shutters photographer. Looking for some unique spots on the ship.

So nice to hear that you're having a vow renewal! I'm so sorry your best friend can't attend! Our Best Man just got deployed to Korea this week and he isn't allowed to leave for 6 months :( So I understand the feeling of having someone important miss out!!!

It really depends on how many soaps you need and how much variety you want. If you just want the mickey silhouette (muffin pan), they're much easier than the mickey face (ice cube mold)! Brambleberry sells Melt & Pour base starting from 1 lb, 10 lbs, and up! (You'd have to do the math to see how many soaps you need, how much soap base you need for practice, etc) Each soap comes out to about 2oz-3oz depending on how thick you want it. If you're just looking to have multiple color soaps, you'd just need 2-3 colorants and however many fragrances you'd like. (Just a hint: they give you a free sample fragrance oil with every purchase- you just have to request a specific fragrance!) Other than that, you'll just need shrink wrap and a heat gun to seal the soaps and preserve their freshness. The Mickey Silhouette soaps are really quite easy to make, if you need any more pointers, please let me know!

If it appears like all that seems like too much trouble, I would have no problem making them for you. After my wedding in September I should have PLENTY of time to work on more soaps! I live just 10 minutes drive from Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom, so I could hand-deliver them to you on Disney property. Of course, I'd have to discuss with you further about the amount of soaps, the colors, and what fragrances you'd like before I could make an accurate cost estimate. ;)

Good luck, and Happy Planning! I'm glad I could've inspired you for your special day in November!!! I also LOVE the idea of using the Castaway Club bags for your favor bags! Very clever!! :thumbsup2

Hello, all! 52 days until embarkation!

I just had my phone call with Meredith today! We went over my entire planning packet thoroughly so she could send it to DCL for processing! The one thing I had to change was my bouquet-Apparently you can only choose TWO colors of roses if you select the Solid French Rose bouquet. So instead of having a Hot Pink, Light Pink, Red bouquet, I'm going to have a Hot Pink and Red bouquet. Also, the Light pink rose option has been discontinued altogether! Apparently the color of the roses was a dingy brownish-pink that was unsatisfactory. Meredith also commended me for filling everything out so thoroughly! :goodvibes I made sure to send in the photo and dimensions of my cake topper and I included the sheet music to the three additional songs that they don't offer. I also sent a thorough request for the ERA dining rotation that included Table #82- that giant 10-top table that is directly underneath the cinderella chandelier at the Royal Palace! I told them that YES, I understand that tables are shuffled around depending on the restaurant layout, but I want our tables to be close to each other on our wedding night at Royal Palace.

I had somebody ask what my 'playlist' of songs were- I really beat myself up for a week over it! But in the end, here's what I chose!

Prelude: *Someday My Prince Will Come & *So This is Love
Grandparent/Parents seating: *Can You Feel the Love Tonight
Bridesmaid/Flower Girl: *A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Processional: *A Whole New World
Recessional: *Fantasmic! Theme
Cake Cutting: *When You Wish Upon a Star
First Dance: *At Last I See The Light
Celebration: *Once Upon a Dream, *Kiss the Girl, *Rainbow Connection, *Beauty & The Beast

So, I've got a few more key dates approaching! 45 days is when I should receive confirmation from Disney- what time my event will be held and WHERE!!! Oh lord, how I've wondered where they're putting my party of 47! I should also receive my budget and signature form, then at 30-days I have to submit the signature form (stating everything in my 45-day report is correct, I guess) and the final payment is due for the $20/person. I have 45 guests - 8 guests included in the package, that leaves 37 guests x $20 = $740... It feels like the wedding costs never end! Then 1-2 weeks prior to sailing, I should receive a "Welcome letter" with the itinerary, etc.

I picked up my wedding license form from the courthouse. I was downtown last week, but it was just a little too soon to submit it! You only have 60 days from the day you get your license until you have to submit it finalized! Being under the 60-day mark is a little bit nerve-wracking! (or a lot!)

Alright, not much else to update. My days off are tuesday & wednesday so I'll be busy, busy, busy making soaps and packaging them... finding whatever time to craft as many things as I can in 2 days, then it's back to another busy, busy work week! Tonight I'm closing Studios' EMH so I won't be clocking out until past 3AM :sad: But according to Travel Agent, Lisa, starting in January 2013 evening Extra Magic Hours will only be 2 hours instead of 3 hours! Good news for me, Bad news for Disney resort guests!

Happy Planning!

Hi Jillian-

Glad you are so close to your wedding. It's all falling in place. Love your song selections-very similar to mine. Gotta have those Disney songs!! I'm glad you knew what the table number was because I've always admired that table and never noted the number. It was on my list to find out on my Aug 5-Double Dip cruise. It's a research cruise for me. It will just be me and my oldest son. My husband has to work-great for me since he doesn't know about it yet.
My VR is Cinderella themed-have the Lenox cake topper and just ordered the flutes online with the 25% off.
Thanks for the info on the soaps. Was at Downtown Disney over the weekend saw the ice cube trays but not the muffin pan. Where did you get that at? Thank you so much for the offer. I really appreciate it. I will let you know.

I'm going back and forth on my bouquet. I love purple so can't decide between the all lavendar or the garden.

Did you give Meredith a seating chart for dining? I heard in the past you could do this, but don't know if you still can.

Can't wait to read more.

Wow, Jillian!! I think I've been away from the DIS for too long, because I feel like I've missed a bunch of your updates! Everything is coming along so beautifully!!! If it's alright, I'm just going to make a list of my comments--so I don't miss anything :goodvibes

-I know I've mentioned it before, but your Mickey soaps are absolutely phenomenal. After the wedding, I seriously think you should consider opening up an Etsy shop and offering them for sale. You never know... it could turn out to be a bigger thing than you think! :)
-Thanks so much for all your advice! I'm hoping to pay our cruise off this week, and hopefully there will still be a reservation at Remy's available on the Nassau evening. Pirate night is our wedding night, and we'd like to have dinner with all our guests, so I suppose we will just have to go along with the Pirate Menu. Hopefully the joy of the day and the fun atmosphere will make up for any culinary shortcomings :laughing:
-Half up Half down hairstyle will look gorgeous with your dress! I've been loving the examples you have on pinterest!
-Will definitely hit up DSW in the next couple of weeks. You make a very good point about getting sandles now (when summer styles are actually out), so I definitely need to get on that... Sigh... Another thing to add to the list
-Yay for a bridal shower! I'm not sure if we're having one yet. Did you and Michael register? Tim and I just did that this past weekend and it turned out to be fun. We didn't go crazy with it or anything since we're having such a fun wedding, but the people at Macy's were really nice, and Timmy had fun walking around with the gun scanning stuff, hehe.
-Good to see another bride will a good-sized to-do list ;) It's crazy huh?
-Yay for thinking about a Boudoir shoot! They're so much fun! I greatly encourage it! Did you like my photos? If so, I highly recommend my photographer. She's very nice and pretty reasonable with her rates. I can also pass along some more photos from that session if you want to see more of her work. Jess is based out of Jacksonville, so not too far from you.
-I'm sorry to hear about the roommate drama. That always makes things difficult when you're not expecting them to leave and they surprise you with that news. Do you know any people through work that may need a place to live?
-Your bath salts look AMAZING! I can imagine how disheartening that must have been when things went a bit wonky, but kudos to you for working out a solution. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled to have such an indulgent treat in their welcome bags.
-Omg, love love love the pixie dust! Fabulous! Finished product looks great, and I'd like to add that you have lovely penmanship
-I think the starfish soaps turned out well! You could even do them in a blue--like they're in the ocean. Ooh, you know what could also be cute if you do an etsy business??? A clear soap sprinkled with a bit of pixie dust! Hehe, guess I've got pixie dust on the brain :tink:
-Thanks for all the info about your conversation with Meredith! Hope you get the table under the Cinderella Chandelier! That would be so beautiful. Love you music selections. Really great choices from the Disney repertoire. At Last I See the Light will be lovely for a first dance :goodvibes
-Hope Hollywood Studios wasn't too crazy tonight! :worried: I feel for you with the EMH's. When my sister was a CP at MK, she used to dread EMH nights during peak season.

Can't wait for more updates! :)

Hi Jillian-

Glad you are so close to your wedding. It's all falling in place. Love your song selections-very similar to mine. Gotta have those Disney songs!! I'm glad you knew what the table number was because I've always admired that table and never noted the number. It was on my list to find out on my Aug 5-Double Dip cruise. It's a research cruise for me. It will just be me and my oldest son. My husband has to work-great for me since he doesn't know about it yet.
My VR is Cinderella themed-have the Lenox cake topper and just ordered the flutes online with the 25% off.
Thanks for the info on the soaps. Was at Downtown Disney over the weekend saw the ice cube trays but not the muffin pan. Where did you get that at? Thank you so much for the offer. I really appreciate it. I will let you know.

I'm going back and forth on my bouquet. I love purple so can't decide between the all lavendar or the garden.

Did you give Meredith a seating chart for dining? I heard in the past you could do this, but don't know if you still can.

Can't wait to read more.

I did a 'research' cruise too! I went with my DM and DF in January, and it was GREAT! Are you getting married on the Dream? I'm sure the table numbers are different on the different ships, but you can pick up this information on your research cruise! I haven't gotten my seating chart yet. You won't get that until after your paperwork is submitted and the cruise line has reviewed it. If you want a specific restaurant on a specific night, REQUEST THAT DINING ROTATION ON YOUR PLANNING GUIDE!! haha, sorry for the all caps, but it's really THAT important! Animator's Palate is great, but it's not very wedding-y!

I bought my muffin pan from World of Disney at Downtown Disney... I think... I know I've seen it there in the past, as well as any other place that sells kitchen items like Mickey's Pantry by Earl of Sandwich and even stores inside the parks. I've seen them at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, but they must've carried them at the other parks, too. It is possible that their inventory has run out and they're waiting for more. You could always ask one of the cast members, they might know. (Just don't ask someone college-aged, they're probably college program and haven't been around for very long!)

Ah, the bouquet dilemma! I know you'll find your perfect option, either one sounds like it would be a great bouquet! My DF's one stipulation to marriage is that RED was somewhere in the wedding. In order for him to have a Red boutonniere, It felt like I should have matching flowers in my bouquet, and roses were my only option for RED. (Long gone are my dreams of having a blue and purple wedding!) So I'm going with a Red & Hot Pink Solid French Rose bouquet.

Happy reading, and let me know if you have any more questions! As I said, as soon as my wedding is over, I'll have tons of spare time- I feel like I'll be bored without wedding planning to keep me busy! I'd be happy to take on a soaping project if you want me to! :goodvibes

I'm joining to read along! How exciting. Your dress is beautiful and I love the soaps you are making! :)

Wow, Jillian!! I think I've been away from the DIS for too long, because I feel like I've missed a bunch of your updates! Everything is coming along so beautifully!!! If it's alright, I'm just going to make a list of my comments--so I don't miss anything :goodvibes

-I know I've mentioned it before, but your Mickey soaps are absolutely phenomenal. After the wedding, I seriously think you should consider opening up an Etsy shop and offering them for sale. You never know... it could turn out to be a bigger thing than you think! :)
-Thanks so much for all your advice! I'm hoping to pay our cruise off this week, and hopefully there will still be a reservation at Remy's available on the Nassau evening. Pirate night is our wedding night, and we'd like to have dinner with all our guests, so I suppose we will just have to go along with the Pirate Menu. Hopefully the joy of the day and the fun atmosphere will make up for any culinary shortcomings :laughing:
-Half up Half down hairstyle will look gorgeous with your dress! I've been loving the examples you have on pinterest!
-Will definitely hit up DSW in the next couple of weeks. You make a very good point about getting sandles now (when summer styles are actually out), so I definitely need to get on that... Sigh... Another thing to add to the list
-Yay for a bridal shower! I'm not sure if we're having one yet. Did you and Michael register? Tim and I just did that this past weekend and it turned out to be fun. We didn't go crazy with it or anything since we're having such a fun wedding, but the people at Macy's were really nice, and Timmy had fun walking around with the gun scanning stuff, hehe.
-Good to see another bride will a good-sized to-do list ;) It's crazy huh?
-Yay for thinking about a Boudoir shoot! They're so much fun! I greatly encourage it! Did you like my photos? If so, I highly recommend my photographer. She's very nice and pretty reasonable with her rates. I can also pass along some more photos from that session if you want to see more of her work. Jess is based out of Jacksonville, so not too far from you.
-I'm sorry to hear about the roommate drama. That always makes things difficult when you're not expecting them to leave and they surprise you with that news. Do you know any people through work that may need a place to live?
-Your bath salts look AMAZING! I can imagine how disheartening that must have been when things went a bit wonky, but kudos to you for working out a solution. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled to have such an indulgent treat in their welcome bags.
-Omg, love love love the pixie dust! Fabulous! Finished product looks great, and I'd like to add that you have lovely penmanship
-I think the starfish soaps turned out well! You could even do them in a blue--like they're in the ocean. Ooh, you know what could also be cute if you do an etsy business??? A clear soap sprinkled with a bit of pixie dust! Hehe, guess I've got pixie dust on the brain :tink:
-Thanks for all the info about your conversation with Meredith! Hope you get the table under the Cinderella Chandelier! That would be so beautiful. Love you music selections. Really great choices from the Disney repertoire. At Last I See the Light will be lovely for a first dance :goodvibes
-Hope Hollywood Studios wasn't too crazy tonight! :worried: I feel for you with the EMH's. When my sister was a CP at MK, she used to dread EMH nights during peak season.

Can't wait for more updates! :)

Ahh, Ginger! I'm very aware that you've been away! :rotfl: I've been checking my page, your page, and the DCL brides pages every couple days to see if you (or ANYONE) has posted anything! I always look forward to hearing from you and reading about your planning! Since you're not long after me, I feel like we're experiencing about the same things around the same time!

Thanks for the encouragement about opening an Etsy shop! It's something I've wanted to do for years! First for crocheting Harry Potter Scarves (but now the movies are over and the demand is probably low) and I've had a few other ideas, but the soaping one seem like it might stick! I'm only worried about copyright infringement laws about selling the Mickey-face soaps, especially since Mr. Mouse is my boss! I have heard that they can't get you for Mickey silhouette, but they can if it's very iconic Mickey. I have seen the Mickey silhouette soaps for sale on Etsy using the same muffin pan, but I can't help but be biased and think mine are better! :rotfl2: As I've offered to others, I'd be happy to make soaps for your wedding party, if you're interested!!! Any experience is beneficial, right? (A coworker of mine ordered 2 soaps and 2 bath salts for a Christmas present! It's a start!)

I want to see shoes when you get them! I ordered mine online because there's a bigger selection and they all fit GREAT! Thank god! Though if they didn't fit, I'd just return them to the nearest DSW and ask for them to order another size! There may be summer-ending sales on pretty heels coming up soon- keep an eye out for those!

Michael and I registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond sometime over the Winter time. We went WAY too soon- I say this because some of the items we registered for are no longer being sold! I'm just glad they didn't discontinue my china- I ADORE my china pattern! ( http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/regProduct.asp?WRN=-884688342&sku=17748610& ) The sales-guy walked through the store with us and didn't let us use the scanner gun :furious: I head that's the best part!! I figure if guests don't want to get things off the registry that we can suggest that they buy us Disney Gift Cards (Cheaper than Disney Honeymoon Registry that charges 7% for themselves!) That way we can use them to pay for a 1-year anniversary cruise since we can't get the time off for our wedding cruise AND a honeymoon this year!

Bad news about my bath salts, even with the saran wrap and the rice mixed in, my pink salts turned into bricks again (though not quite as badly). I may just have to scoop them out, dry them out in the oven, and repackage a couple days before the wedding. They still work just fine, but it's much more aesthetically pleasing if you can pour out your bath salts instead of scooping out chunks with a kitchen spoon!

I love that you approve of my pixie dust! I do have good penmanship, but those labels were hershey-kiss stickers that I put through my printer! If you're looking for fun fonts, go to dafont.com and you can download any type of font your heart could desire! I used it for the Pixie Dust font and my wedding invitations font. Things seem so much more fancy if they're printed in a font that you don't see every day! I like your idea about pixie dust soap... and believe me, I've put glitter in my soap before! I even used some of my leftover pixie dust in my bath salts project! You gave me an idea, though- If I could find a small Tinkerbell charm, I could embed it into a soap and make a line of pixie dust coming off of her wand! How cute!

I had considered using a clear blue to make the starfish soaps appear that they're underwater! I also considered using the "double pour" technique where I pour on both ends of the mold different colors of soap! I think it would look like a crashing wave! I still like the idea of putting ground-up loofa into the "sand" to make it gritty and more realistic! I used some cranberry seeds in my recent attempt, but they FLOAT and don't go down the drain easily!

If I made you jealous with my "At Last I See The Light" I could always copy the sheet music for you. Every time it comes up on Pandora (Yes, I listen to the "Disney" station!) I get goosebumps! It's such a darling scene in the movie and such a well written song! Disney sure does know how to make your heart swell! I can't wait to see what songs you choose!

Hollywood Studios was fine tonight, just LONG! We closed a lot of carts early because of the rain & thunderstorm which meant that I was INCREDIBLY busy for a while, and then I was completely bored for a while until my closing carts finished- Then I was busy again! I clocked out around 3, got home around 3:30, grabbed a bowl of avocados chunks & quartered cherry tomatoes and went straight to DIS since I knew you'd be posting tonight! Now it's 4:40 and I'm STILL not even sleepy! (Tired yes, Sleepy, no!) The worst part about closing EMH is that I waste half of my day off sleeping to recover from staying up so late!

Make sure you send in your planning guide several days earlier than you intend for it to arrive! If you mail it to the P.O. Box, it takes several days to get to Meredith's office! I mailed it EXPRESS mail last Tuesday morning (Arrived in wednesday morning) and just today I got my phone call to review the wedding packet! Yeesh! Just remember, be as specific as you can be with your packet! Remember, I wrote notes ALL over my packet!

I do hope that your planning is going well! I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

I did a 'research' cruise too! I went with my DM and DF in January, and it was GREAT! Are you getting married on the Dream? I'm sure the table numbers are different on the different ships, but you can pick up this information on your research cruise! I haven't gotten my seating chart yet. You won't get that until after your paperwork is submitted and the cruise line has reviewed it. If you want a specific restaurant on a specific night, REQUEST THAT DINING ROTATION ON YOUR PLANNING GUIDE!! haha, sorry for the all caps, but it's really THAT important! Animator's Palate is great, but it's not very wedding-y!

I bought my muffin pan from World of Disney at Downtown Disney... I think... I know I've seen it there in the past, as well as any other place that sells kitchen items like Mickey's Pantry by Earl of Sandwich and even stores inside the parks. I've seen them at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom, but they must've carried them at the other parks, too. It is possible that their inventory has run out and they're waiting for more. You could always ask one of the cast members, they might know. (Just don't ask someone college-aged, they're probably college program and haven't been around for very long!)

Ah, the bouquet dilemma! I know you'll find your perfect option, either one sounds like it would be a great bouquet! My DF's one stipulation to marriage is that RED was somewhere in the wedding. In order for him to have a Red boutonniere, It felt like I should have matching flowers in my bouquet, and roses were my only option for RED. (Long gone are my dreams of having a blue and purple wedding!) So I'm going with a Red & Hot Pink Solid French Rose bouquet.

Happy reading, and let me know if you have any more questions! As I said, as soon as my wedding is over, I'll have tons of spare time- I feel like I'll be bored without wedding planning to keep me busy! I'd be happy to take on a soaping project if you want me to! :goodvibes

We will be on the Dream as well!! It will actually be during my birthday. Our VR is the day of Nassau and my birthday is the day of Castaway.

My DH still knows nothing along with my guests. So, it's nice to have someone to talk to about it. I haven't figured out how or when to tell him. Would love to surprise him the day of, but don't know if I can pull that off. I may post on Disney Cruise bride thread to get some ideas. Would love to do a PJ, but I know I wouldn't have the time. My other 2 boys return from Taiwan Aug 17th and then school starts the 20th and then chaos begins with all their schedules.

Went both to World of Disney and the Pantry. It was crazy there. That's why I don't like going during the summer. Plus it's hot. I feel for you CM's!! Didn't have time to go check the parks. There were 2 accidents on I-4 on the way there that really delayed me and one on the way back. Had to be back for dinner. I didn't ask a CM, but I will remember your suggestion. I will be back there Aug 3rd for Typhoon Lagoon before the cruise. I can check then.

I agree with Ginger about the Etsy shop!! I would definitely buy.

I have about 30 people incl. kids that will be on this cruise. I just have to make sure families that do not get along are not at the same table.

Off to work on invites. trying to figure out wording on there that I only want the adults there and the kids should be checked into club/lab. this was my cost cutting option-10 kids X20=$200. I can use that to pay for the guests at Palo. Want to try to get the private room-my problem there are a total of 17 adults and that room only takes 14.

Can't wait to read more. Reading your PJ and Ginger's is really getting me inspired and excited about the planning.

I'm joining to read along! How exciting. Your dress is beautiful and I love the soaps you are making! :)

Thanks! I love my dress too and the soaping is such a fun new hobby! I'm glad you've decided to follow me along my journey, the next two months are going to be crazy! I hope you enjoy my process!!

We will be on the Dream as well!! It will actually be during my birthday. Our VR is the day of Nassau and my birthday is the day of Castaway.

My DH still knows nothing along with my guests. So, it's nice to have someone to talk to about it. I haven't figured out how or when to tell him. Would love to surprise him the day of, but don't know if I can pull that off. I may post on Disney Cruise bride thread to get some ideas. Would love to do a PJ, but I know I wouldn't have the time. My other 2 boys return from Taiwan Aug 17th and then school starts the 20th and then chaos begins with all their schedules.

Went both to World of Disney and the Pantry. It was crazy there. That's why I don't like going during the summer. Plus it's hot. I feel for you CM's!! Didn't have time to go check the parks. There were 2 accidents on I-4 on the way there that really delayed me and one on the way back. Had to be back for dinner. I didn't ask a CM, but I will remember your suggestion. I will be back there Aug 3rd for Typhoon Lagoon before the cruise. I can check then.

I agree with Ginger about the Etsy shop!! I would definitely buy.

I have about 30 people incl. kids that will be on this cruise. I just have to make sure families that do not get along are not at the same table.

Off to work on invites. trying to figure out wording on there that I only want the adults there and the kids should be checked into club/lab. this was my cost cutting option-10 kids X20=$200. I can use that to pay for the guests at Palo. Want to try to get the private room-my problem there are a total of 17 adults and that room only takes 14.

Can't wait to read more. Reading your PJ and Ginger's is really getting me inspired and excited about the planning.

That's a great way to cut costs on the wedding- sending the kids to their respective play areas! I only have 2 children coming along, two of my future nieces, and I figured I'd just use them as my flower girls! One is young enough that the $20 doesn't apply to her! It is unfortunate about Palo's private room- it really does only seat 14. They'll even turn you away if you ask for 15! I've heard a lot about this, seeing if they would make exceptions, but the answer (if i remember correctly) is always no. I'm having my "reception" dinner in the Royal Palace- the prettiest and fanciest of all of the regular restaurants! There was just no way to get my party of 47 into Palo, even in my wildest dreams! I actually booked our "Free Palo" dinner on the embarkation day at 6:00 so we can make it to our late seating at 8:15 in the Enchanted Garden to mingle with my guests. That way, I get my palo (yay!) and I get to skip the "just okay" food at EG! They do have a 'private room' in Remy that's quite large (I have a photo here: http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums... DCL cruise/?action=view&current=IMG_0195.jpg ) and they may be able to put 17 in there, though the idea of paying $75 each for 17 people makes me want to faint! :faint:

I'm sorry you couldn't find the Mickey Muffin Pan :( As I said, I got it last winter and they may have run out temporarily or permanently! (ooh, I just remembered that I've also seen them at the Polynesian, so they've had them at resorts, too!) My offer still stands for Mickey soaps if you want them! Maybe after the wedding I'll make that Etsy shop... The hardest part is picking out a name :confused: Any suggestions???

I also COMPLETELY understand your frustration with the massive crowds! I actually get very uncomfortable in large crowds! The heat of the summer in unbearable, and I work OUTSIDE! Yeesh! I told a coworker "I can't wait until the fall!" and they asked if it was because of my wedding... I said "No, so it get cooler outside!" :laughing: of COURSE I'm looking forward to the wedding, but I'm also looking forward to the slow season and the cooler temps!

I'm so glad you're drawing inspiration from my PJ and Ginger's! You should tell her that because I'm sure she'd be tickled pink too :goodvibes Happy Reading, and Happy Planning!

I was glad you posted about the Disney Wedding registry. I thought that was a good idea and didn't realize about the percentage. Disney gift cards are a much better way, thanks.

Aww, Jillian!! You're too sweet! :cutie: I look forward to hearing from you and reading your updates as well! I've so enjoyed having a fellow DCL bride at similar planning stages. I think it kind of makes us DCL bride sisters/comrades, hehe

I think you should definitely consider opening an Etsy shop. You're super talented, and I think people would really appreciate your crafts. There seems to be a ton of Disney stuff on Etsy, so I guess the copyright stuff is not as huge of a deal on a small scale. I can understand your concern though--maybe you could make Disney inspired things ;) If you're up to it, I would very much be interested in purchasing some soaps for our welcome bags. Just let me know after you're wedding if you have the time/interest, and we can discuss :goodvibes

I can't believe they didn't let you and Michael use the scanning gun at Bed, Bath & Beyond! :( That was definitely the best part for me, hehe. Your china pattern is stunning! Hope you get a number of sets of that at your shower! It's actually somewhat similar to the one we picked out at Macy's. Great minds think alike, eh? :) I can totally relate to the delayed Honeymoon thing. The wedding and international move we recently did pretty much is taking all the disposable income we have. I'm not too bummed about it though... we'll be able to save up and afford to do something really cool (hopefully) in the next few years--we've talked about exploring the British Isles for a month (always dreamed of going to Ireland). An anniversary cruise next year will be fantastic! Do you think you'll do a week on the Fantasy? That would be so amazing!!!

Sorry to hear your bath salts are refusing to cooperate. I'm sure they'll be lovely in the end. If they won't work as flakes, could you mold them somehow into several larger balls that fit in your cute little containers?? Kinda like the bath bombs from Lush, but smaller versions??

I'm such a goof for not realizing the font on your pixie dust was a font :lmao: It's a very lifelike font, haha. I love dafont.com!! I've used it on my STDs, and was also where I saw the font that inspired the calligraphy on our invitations. Their fonts have made Microsoft Word heaps more exciting for me

Pandora has a Disney channel?? I'm off to investigate this!! :goodvibes

Oh, and a big thanks to Judy for your compliments about my PJ!!! :cloud9: I'm definitely tickled pink! It's so exciting to hear that it's been helpful, and I very much look forward to hearing about your plans for your VR!

Aww, Jillian!! You're too sweet! :cutie: I look forward to hearing from you and reading your updates as well! I've so enjoyed having a fellow DCL bride at similar planning stages. I think it kind of makes us DCL bride sisters/comrades, hehe

I think you should definitely consider opening an Etsy shop. You're super talented, and I think people would really appreciate your crafts. There seems to be a ton of Disney stuff on Etsy, so I guess the copyright stuff is not as huge of a deal on a small scale. I can understand your concern though--maybe you could make Disney inspired things ;) If you're up to it, I would very much be interested in purchasing some soaps for our welcome bags. Just let me know after you're wedding if you have the time/interest, and we can discuss :goodvibes

I can't believe they didn't let you and Michael use the scanning gun at Bed, Bath & Beyond! :( That was definitely the best part for me, hehe. Your china pattern is stunning! Hope you get a number of sets of that at your shower! It's actually somewhat similar to the one we picked out at Macy's. Great minds think alike, eh? :) I can totally relate to the delayed Honeymoon thing. The wedding and international move we recently did pretty much is taking all the disposable income we have. I'm not too bummed about it though... we'll be able to save up and afford to do something really cool (hopefully) in the next few years--we've talked about exploring the British Isles for a month (always dreamed of going to Ireland). An anniversary cruise next year will be fantastic! Do you think you'll do a week on the Fantasy? That would be so amazing!!!

Sorry to hear your bath salts are refusing to cooperate. I'm sure they'll be lovely in the end. If they won't work as flakes, could you mold them somehow into several larger balls that fit in your cute little containers?? Kinda like the bath bombs from Lush, but smaller versions??

I'm such a goof for not realizing the font on your pixie dust was a font :lmao: It's a very lifelike font, haha. I love dafont.com!! I've used it on my STDs, and was also where I saw the font that inspired the calligraphy on our invitations. Their fonts have made Microsoft Word heaps more exciting for me

Oh, and a big thanks to Judy for your compliments about my PJ!!! :cloud9: I'm definitely tickled pink! It's so exciting to hear that it's been helpful, and I very much look forward to hearing about your plans for your VR!

Hi Ginger-

You are right about feeling like sisters/comrades. My VR is right after yours and I can't wait to see yours and Jillian's photos.

I've had the big wedding, so I guess that's why I'm not stressing over this. It seems so simple than planning the wedding like you 2. Mine will be small and intimate and am just looking for a couple of things for favors.

Are you guys doing a program for the wedding? I've been tossing that idea around.

Maybe if we keep pushing Jillian she'll get that Etsy shop opened.:rotfl2:

Jillian I think I maybe taking you up on the offer for the soaps. Did a search for the muffin pans on Ebay and they were $22 plus shipping. See you have 2 willing customers so far. :thumbsup2

Posted a pic of hubby and I on the Disney cruise bride thread. Don't think I will start a PJ at this point. I just feel like I don't have the time to devote to it.

Really excited for you guys. Looking for good photo spots since I will be using DCL photographers.

That's a great way to cut costs on the wedding- sending the kids to their respective play areas! I only have 2 children coming along, two of my future nieces, and I figured I'd just use them as my flower girls! One is young enough that the $20 doesn't apply to her! It is unfortunate about Palo's private room- it really does only seat 14. They'll even turn you away if you ask for 15! I've heard a lot about this, seeing if they would make exceptions, but the answer (if i remember correctly) is always no. I'm having my "reception" dinner in the Royal Palace- the prettiest and fanciest of all of the regular restaurants! There was just no way to get my party of 47 into Palo, even in my wildest dreams! I actually booked our "Free Palo" dinner on the embarkation day at 6:00 so we can make it to our late seating at 8:15 in the Enchanted Garden to mingle with my guests. That way, I get my palo (yay!) and I get to skip the "just okay" food at EG! They do have a 'private room' in Remy that's quite large (I have a photo here: http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums... DCL cruise/?action=view&current=IMG_0195.jpg ) and they may be able to put 17 in there, though the idea of paying $75 each for 17 people makes me want to faint! :faint:

I'm sorry you couldn't find the Mickey Muffin Pan :( As I said, I got it last winter and they may have run out temporarily or permanently! (ooh, I just remembered that I've also seen them at the Polynesian, so they've had them at resorts, too!) My offer still stands for Mickey soaps if you want them! Maybe after the wedding I'll make that Etsy shop... The hardest part is picking out a name :confused: Any suggestions???

I also COMPLETELY understand your frustration with the massive crowds! I actually get very uncomfortable in large crowds! The heat of the summer in unbearable, and I work OUTSIDE! Yeesh! I told a coworker "I can't wait until the fall!" and they asked if it was because of my wedding... I said "No, so it get cooler outside!" :laughing: of COURSE I'm looking forward to the wedding, but I'm also looking forward to the slow season and the cooler temps!

I'm so glad you're drawing inspiration from my PJ and Ginger's! You should tell her that because I'm sure she'd be tickled pink too :goodvibes Happy Reading, and Happy Planning!

Definiteley will not be doing Remy with the group :scared1: DH and I have done it and loved it. I'm thinking about just doing Palo with my immediate family now, because I talked to a couple of the families and with it being their first cruise, they don't want to miss out on any of the dining rooms. I can respect that. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have done Palo before and could skip it to be with everyone, but love their food. I also get free Palo being Platinum. I had asked since both Ray and I are Platinum and already entitled to a free Palo, if I could use ours with the VR and credit 2 others meal. The answer I was given was no.

I am so not the one to be asking about a shop name-not that creative. I have the accountant's brain. I come to the boards for creativity. I will be a customer though!

Where do you work at in the park? Better get to bed-another early day tomorrow.

Jillian,

How are you organizing table tops? Do you have some idea on layout and number of seats at each table. I'd really love to do a seating chart as my parents are divorced and though they are cordial with one another they are like oil and water in personality and would love to avoid any ackwardness. To be honest if I wasn't living proof that they were married no one could convince me otherwise they're just such different people lol.

Wowza, Ladies! I ignore DIS for a day or two and you all grace me with your presence! What a pleasant surprise! I can feel the looooove tonight!

Wow, you are getting so close! I definitely think you should open up an Esty shop, I know I would use you.

I was glad you posted about the Disney Wedding registry. I thought that was a good idea and didn't realize about the percentage. Disney gift cards are a much better way, thanks.

Thanks for the encouragement about opening an Etsy shop :goodvibes Also, I'm glad to help with the Honeymoon registry! In the end they just give you a DISNEY GIFT CARD and they're skimming off 7% of your guests' generosity- All so they can run a fancy website with features that you don't even want/need! The Honeymoon Registry was down for MONTHS last year, I don't think it reopened until november or december when it was supposed to reopen in OCTOBER! As soon as it *DID* reopen, I started the registration process and found out that little catch. 7%! Okay, it's not THAT big of a deal (and apparently cast members have the 7% fee waived...) but I'd rather just get the monies on gift cards! I'm just going to use them to pay for a One-Year Anniversary/Honeymoon cruise, so I'll just be at home entering the gift card numbers back to back! I guess it MAY be more convenient to get them all onto ONE gift card... but oh well!

Thanks so much for the encouragement about opening an Etsy shop... I suppose I could just open it and get my business from you DIS brides as a trial run and see where that takes me! OR I could just cater to DIS people altogether, I already know we all <3 ::MickeyMo !! My copyright concerns weren't necessarily about others doing it and getting away with it, it's the fact that I work for them and I don't want to get termed! I'll just keep it to silhouette mickeys (at least for the public eye, I can't help it if people special requests other items!)

Amen to One-Year-Anniversary/Honeymoons! I understand the appeal to just jet-setting right after your wedding, but vacations can ALSO be stressful, and I've got enough wedding stress as it is! Somebody asked if we were doing a back-to-back cruise (which wouldn't be half bad) But can you just THINK of the luggage??? Good gravy, I'm bringing so much for just my WEDDING alone, I can't imagine packing for two cruises! I don't think I have that many suitcases! :rotfl2: Anyways, I'll feel much better if I can pay off a cruise bit-by-bit instead of having all of my wedding costs back to back with honeymoon costs! :eek: Also, can we talk about the whole 'eating the top tier of your cake on your one year anniversary' thing? The idea horrifies me! I don't want to eat a frost-bitten pastry from a year ago :rotfl: I'm so glad DCL doesn't let you take the cake back with you! It's an excuse to skip THAT tradition!

Hi Ginger-

You are right about feeling like sisters/comrades. My VR is right after yours and I can't wait to see yours and Jillian's photos.

I've had the big wedding, so I guess that's why I'm not stressing over this. It seems so simple than planning the wedding like you 2. Mine will be small and intimate and am just looking for a couple of things for favors.

Are you guys doing a program for the wedding? I've been tossing that idea around.

Maybe if we keep pushing Jillian she'll get that Etsy shop opened.:rotfl2:

Jillian I think I maybe taking you up on the offer for the soaps. Did a search for the muffin pans on Ebay and they were $22 plus shipping. See you have 2 willing customers so far. :thumbsup2

Posted a pic of hubby and I on the Disney cruise bride thread. Don't think I will start a PJ at this point. I just feel like I don't have the time to devote to it.

Really excited for you guys. Looking for good photo spots since I will be using DCL photographers.

Definiteley will not be doing Remy with the group :scared1: DH and I have done it and loved it. I'm thinking about just doing Palo with my immediate family now, because I talked to a couple of the families and with it being their first cruise, they don't want to miss out on any of the dining rooms. I can respect that. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I have done Palo before and could skip it to be with everyone, but love their food. I also get free Palo being Platinum. I had asked since both Ray and I are Platinum and already entitled to a free Palo, if I could use ours with the VR and credit 2 others meal. The answer I was given was no.

I am so not the one to be asking about a shop name-not that creative. I have the accountant's brain. I come to the boards for creativity. I will be a customer though!

Where do you work at in the park? Better get to bed-another early day tomorrow.

I loved the photo of you and your hubby! It's so cool that you were one of the first couples in the wedding pavilion! You were breaking it in for the rest! ;) I also adore the carriage with all of the blue trim! I worked at the Grand Floridian for a short while and I would see the carriage drive by ALL the time, but the current one is all white. Still pretty, but your carriage was your "something blue"

Alright, ladies, I think you've twisted my arm into opening that Etsy shop, if nothing else, than just for the DIS demand! A name popped into my mind when I woke up this morning :idea: (my body decided to wake up around 6 when I didn't have to be up until 8:30- AND I forgot I had to open until about 2 AM last night!!! Ouch!) It was "For the Love of Mouse" haha, it's not the MOST creative, but I haven't had much time for brainstorming! I was also thinking that i could toss "DISign" at the end of something... Like "Soapy Mouse DISign" but I'm also partial to Disney-like words like Fairytale, Pixie Dust, Princess, etc princess: feedback?

I had considered doing a program for the wedding, and I guess that's something to ponder more as I get closer to the wedding! Currently, I don't know what TIME and what VENUE my wedding will be held at. I know Disney will be delivering programs to our guests staterooms the night before the event, so I feel like that may be sufficient for me. Since I have my hand in so many other projects, I think that's one I'll let Disney take care of!

I think using the Disney photography is a good idea for a VR! As you said, you've had the big wedding and this is just an intimate event! Having one of their photographers for an hour or so should be sufficient! Enough time to capture the event itself, the celebration afterwards, and then you can take them to a few picturesque spots! Be sure to check out my photobucket album if you haven't already! There's so many gorgeous spots on the Dream! I've seen some of the quotes that photographers have quoted me, and I would be using Disney's photography if my photographer hadn't offered to go for just the cost of her and her second-shooter's cruise! I feel incredibly lucky!

Haha, I thought the idea of a Remy reception would make you go :scared1: But I was just putting it out there! I'm sure someone out there would want to do that, and what an experience it would be! Though, I'm having a corseted gown, and the idea of eating 5 courses in that size 2 dress is a little frightening! :laughing: I think I've convinced Ginger to try Remy, though! I'm practically salivating just thinking about it!

Oh, and I work at Hollywood Studios, mostly backstage doing inventory for those outdoor food stands... but today I was in the front lines! Most all of my co-workers (including managers) were asking "What are you doing out here???" haha

Jillian,

How are you organizing table tops? Do you have some idea on layout and number of seats at each table. I'd really love to do a seating chart as my parents are divorced and though they are cordial with one another they are like oil and water in personality and would love to avoid any ackwardness. To be honest if I wasn't living proof that they were married no one could convince me otherwise they're just such different people lol.

I won't get my seating chart until after the 45-day mark after Disney has gone over all of my paperwork and gets that information to me. Then I probably have until the 30-day mark to turn that back in when I submit our final payments ($20/guest) and signature forms. Michael and I both have divorced parents who have their significant others coming along. The seating charts, I'm sure, will be quite a headache! For anyone else who may want to request that gorgeous 10-top table in the CENTER of Royal Palace (#82), Be sure to request it in your planning guide when you turn it in! I know how you feel about your parents being a poor match- I watched my parents fight over the years and I wondered what brought them together, and what convinced them to get MARRIED because they have such different personalities! I'm hoping that because Michael and I are very similar (heck, we've already been living together for 4 years!) that it will work out in the end- I like to believe that marriages can last forever- even in this world with popular divorce!

Okay, ladies. I feel totally guilty that I didn't do ANY soaping on my days off! I didn't even package the soaps that I made last week! Bad bride, BAD bride! Okay, I wasn't TOTALLY unproductive! I downloaded a free image-editing software (gimp) and I started working on mickey name tags for the doors. Originally, I'd only planned to use the blank ones that I'd gotten from DIS-igner milliepie and I'd fill in the names, but even when I gave my guests a list of available characters, I STILL got requests for other characters! My brother wanted Mufasa, his wife wanted King Louie, My other brother wanted Kronk, a friend wanted Eve, someone else wanted the white rabbit... ALL characters I didn't have! SO, I downloaded the software and got to working- I admit, as a former graphic design student, I'm a bit ashamed of myself because I'm not familiar with gimp and its interface and tools, but I think they'll be good enough for the job! What I did is put the plain black mickey silhouette in a layer underneath the photo I found on the internet, then I set the transparency to about 80-90% so you could see the mickey silhouette, then I added the text- All in "Waltograph" type (Thank you, dafont.com!) Then once printed, I'm going to get them laminated and cut out the mickey, then add pieces of sticky-backed magnets to them. Voila! You have nametag magnets!

Here's a handful for your viewing pleasure
CraigCaptainHook.jpg
AndreaRapunzel.jpg
CollinMufasaNameTag.jpg
MelissaAriel.jpg
AmandaEVEnametag.jpg
NickRobinHood.jpg

oops, technically 6 is more than a handful! Alright, so I've got 25 out of 47 done (four people have a couple options... I can be picky!) If you look at page 2, I shared a logo, the "I'm here for Jillian & Michael's Wedding" one that I'm going to turn into a magnet. I also found some that are MOH BM MOB MOG FOB FOG FG and also "Princess in Training" ones- soooo Some people may have a LOT of magnets on their doors!! Can you tell? Sometimes I get carried away! :rotfl: Not much else to report tonight. As I said, I feel like my days off were uneventful since all I did was watch TV play with disney pictures on my computer!

Happy Reading and Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter