• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jillian and Michael's Disney DREAM Wedding PJ

Hi Jillian-

You are so close now!! How exciting. I'm getting excited for the cruise on the 20th as I propose to Ray and reveal the vow renewal.

I must say WOW on the tutorial. Your magnets are great!! I add text to the blank ones, but I haven't really tried to create my own. I've down a couple of simple ones, but I've always requested disigns.

I do print them all myself. I have photoshop elements and put them in a one page layout in there. I print on magnet paper. The place I order from, if you order in bulk, it is cheaper. I believe it's around $1/sheet when I order 50 sheets. I bought myself a laminator at Costco about 1 year ago that came with 100 laminating sheets for $20. The best thing I have done. I make a particular FE gift that I have to laminate. I used to take it to Office Depot and at $1.79 per sheet, it was getting pricey.

You and your guests are going to have awesome doors. I'm working on magnets for the 6 families I have to make for. There are 25 individuals I have to make for, plus some for Ray and I. I have others I can reuse for the boys.

I'll be thinking of you as I head to Orlando with the kids Thursday after school. We're going to MNSSHP on Friday since they are out of school. If I hadn't promised them I would take them that weekend, I probably would have hopped onto your cruise with my BFF and her mom. I could have done the reveal to Ray then as well.

My paperwork is due the 18th before Ray even knows. I need to do table assignments as well as certain people don't want to sit with each other. Ideally I would love 3 8 tops and 1 6 top. We'll see. I'm bummed I can't do a sand ceremony. Also, I wanted to incorporate the blessing of the hands into the ceremony, but Meredith said the ship officer won't stray from the script. So, I would have to get someone else to read the script for that. Pretty tough when my guest aren't going to find out until they board. I thought I had read someone else's planning journal where they did this, not sure if the captain read it or not. I may just play dumb and give it to the wedding coordinator onboard and see what happens. Meredith didn't even know they did makeup application onboard. She said I would have to arrange that when I board. I will also have to take care of Palo on board as well. On my research cruise I was told by Palo manager that they could accomodate 15, but Meredith said I could only give 14 names and then add the other person when we board. I'm going to be pretty busy when I board. She said I was the first person to notice the price discrepancy for the Mickey Bling. On the top of the page it's listed as $9 and further down where it says mickey head floral insert it says $6. She said she was in process of changing it when I called.

I can't wait to see your photos. Please post as soon as you can. I'll be waiting with anticipation!! Have a wonderful cruise and congratulations again. All the work is about to pay off!!

Have fun at Disney! I'm bummed that you won't be on my cruise with us and your friend! It also sounds to me like Meredith is playing dumb on some things (granted that she is new...) but you know as well as I do that DCL's wedding division loves the word "No". It makes no sense to me, because we give them SO much money, and they can't be bothered to make any customizations for us! Very frustrating! The onboard coordinator I met (Laura) was very nice, and seemed to be more permissive than what Shanda and Meredith. I had the same problem with the elements package quoting me $6 mickey bling, and when they rang up as $9 each and I brought it up, she just said... Well, we have the right to change things... You're a cast member, you understand. Ugh, I hate when she says things like that to me. I'm paying full price for everything, and I expect to be treated as well as any other bride! [/rant]

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck as you submit your paperwork and re-propose! :goodvibes Have lots of fun @ MK and MNSSHP this weekend!

Just finished reading your entire PJ! So many amazing DIY ideas!! When your done and having wedding withdrawls, you are more than welcome to plan mine!!!!:rotfl:

I can't believe it is so so close for you! I am so excited and thrilled for you!! Your dress/ring/projects/MOH dress/Flower girl dresses are simply stunning!!

I love the banter between you and ginger. Ya'll are hilarious!:rotfl2:

Wishing you beautiful weather and smooth seas!! :beach:

Thank you for the tutorial on the magnets. I am not skilled at all in making anything crafty, so when the time comes I will be giving your instructions to my super talented family members on how to do it! You're so close...happy wedding week!!

Well, today didn't exactly go as planned. Did a little last minute shopping near the Florida Mall, went to BB&B to pick up a travel steamer and wrinkle releaser. Then on the damp roads home, an SUV coming up on an on ramp lost control of her vehicle and smashed into my car on 528 just before the I-4 split. My mom, her beau and I are all alright (although, I do feel like some whiplash is setting in) but my front passenger side including my wheel got some damage, and the wrecker towed my car... Guess what! My insurance company is closed, so I can't work with them until tomorrow to get a rental car! The other car was full of bikini clad girls whose SUV ended up flipping onto it's side. Two girls walked out seemingly unscathed, but we're uncertain about the condition of the driver. All three went to the hospital to be checked out. We were on the side of this busy road for 2 hours as the cops processed the information and the tow trucks dropped us off at the nearest gas station (by universal) and took a cab back to Boardwalk. Mom and beau headed off to take the MK bus so they could transfer to a boat to Wilderness Lodge for their date night at Artist's Pointe.

So, my phone died and Michael has a charger at work at the Saratoga Springs Spa. I had to take a bus from BW to Downtown Disney, then 4 stops on a boat later, I'm at DSSR... Took about an hour to get here. Michael wants to hear about the accident and see the pictures, but he keeps getting interrupted by the phones and work :) After this I have to take the boat back to DTD, then take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge so my stylist can "bump the blonde"!!! Tonight was really the only night we could do it.

Anyways, gotta bolt. I'll try to update again when I can. Adios!

How awful!! I'm glad to hear ya'll are alright though and most of the other passangers in the other car are alright as well.

I hope your night only goes up from here!

How awful!! I'm glad to hear ya'll are alright though and most of the other passangers in the other car are alright as well.

I hope your night only goes up from here!

Thanks for your sentiments! I've calmed down quite a bit (seeing the fiancé always helps!) but now I've got a dull headache going on right now. It's a no-go on the blonde bumping tonight since my stylist's luggage didn't arrive at MCO, so she doesn't have the product that we would need! It's just as well, I'm in the mood to go home and do nothing!!! Gotta wait for Michael to finish work, though. I forgot how boring spas are when you're not getting any treatments done!

Anyways, hoping that tomorrow is better. We're picking up my MOH at 9:30 in the AM :) also hoping that the insurance company is pleasant to work with... I reported my claim online and they're supposed to call before noon. Wish me luck with patience and sanity! This is NOT the kind of stress I was expecting this week :(

Hi Jillian,
I'm so glad to hear your ok. Definitely spend the evening in resting as for any pain ice it don't add heat not yet. I hope all goes well with insurance company and hope your feeling better in the morning.

Hi Jillian,
I'm so glad to hear your ok. Definitely spend the evening in resting as for any pain ice it don't add heat not yet. I hope all goes well with insurance company and hope your feeling better in the morning.

Thanks for the advice! I've got a cold compress on my neck on your recommendation :flower3:

Well, today didn't exactly go as planned. Did a little last minute shopping near the Florida Mall, went to BB&B to pick up a travel steamer and wrinkle releaser. Then on the damp roads home, an SUV coming up on an on ramp lost control of her vehicle and smashed into my car on 528 just before the I-4 split. My mom, her beau and I are all alright (although, I do feel like some whiplash is setting in) but my front passenger side including my wheel got some damage, and the wrecker towed my car... Guess what! My insurance company is closed, so I can't work with them until tomorrow to get a rental car! The other car was full of bikini clad girls whose SUV ended up flipping onto it's side. Two girls walked out seemingly unscathed, but we're uncertain about the condition of the driver. All three went to the hospital to be checked out. We were on the side of this busy road for 2 hours as the cops processed the information and the tow trucks dropped us off at the nearest gas station (by universal) and took a cab back to Boardwalk. Mom and beau headed off to take the MK bus so they could transfer to a boat to Wilderness Lodge for their date night at Artist's Pointe.

So, my phone died and Michael has a charger at work at the Saratoga Springs Spa. I had to take a bus from BW to Downtown Disney, then 4 stops on a boat later, I'm at DSSR... Took about an hour to get here. Michael wants to hear about the accident and see the pictures, but he keeps getting interrupted by the phones and work :) After this I have to take the boat back to DTD, then take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge so my stylist can "bump the blonde"!!! Tonight was really the only night we could do it.

Anyways, gotta bolt. I'll try to update again when I can. Adios!

So sorry about the accident. pixiedust: the insurance people are nice and friendly and the car gets fix fast and is waiting for you when you get home:flower3:

Hi Jillian,

Second the iceing the pain for a couple of days. A couple of motrin will help also, but the ice will contrict your blood vessles so it will take a little longer for it to get to the pain. Take it with some caffine. Heat will increase blood flow. You might notice an increase in swelling. I would stick with the ice, and than use the heat to relax any muscles.

I hope the rest of your week goes suuuuppper smoth for you and you can relax on the :beach:

So sorry about the accident. pixiedust: the insurance people are nice and friendly and the car gets fix fast and is waiting for you when you get home:flower3:

Second the iceing the pain for a couple of days. A couple of motrin will help also, but the ice will contrict your blood vessles so it will take a little longer for it to get to the pain. Take it with some caffine. Heat will increase blood flow. You might notice an increase in swelling. I would stick with the ice, and than use the heat to relax any muscles.

I hope the rest of your week goes suuuuppper smoth for you and you can relax on the :beach:

I hope the insurance company is nice and friendly and helpful an doesn't make me jump thru too many hoops!

I iced my neck last night while watching TV, and it doesn't hurt at all this morning... I told you the accident wasn't THAT bad, for my car at least! It's also possible that I was carrying my stress in my neck and shoulders that was causing me pain... But I get a massage tomorrow regardless- Yay!

I think I'll ice it again whenever I wind up back home as a precaution. It worked well yesterday!

I hope the insurance company is nice and friendly and helpful an doesn't make me jump thru too many hoops!

I iced my neck last night while watching TV, and it doesn't hurt at all this morning... I told you the accident wasn't THAT bad, for my car at least! It's also possible that I was carrying my stress in my neck and shoulders that was causing me pain... But I get a massage tomorrow regardless- Yay!

I think I'll ice it again whenever I wind up back home as a precaution. It worked well yesterday!

I'm glad your feeling well. Look in a mirror and make sure you have no bruising in those areas. If it hurts keep icing, I was in a car accident 7 years ago and the bruising came to surface after a few days it was just pink for like 3 days and then blue black. Granted I was in a 4 car collision but you just never know. I'm so excited your less then a week to go. I can't wait to see your pictures, I know everything is going to be beautiful. Don't freak if you see any bruising just get medical grade concealer. If it can hide tattoos it can hide a bruise. Kat Von D concealer or dermablend would work.
;)

Hi Jillian-

So sorry to hear about the car accident!! Just what you didn't need right before the wedding. At least everyone is ok. Hope you're feeling better and that you can get everything straightened out before you leave.

I agree-keep icing.

Find time to relax...

Glad you are feeling better. Hope the massage does wonders for you. Gets the rest of the stress away.

Thanks for your concern, everybody! I'm really just fine- No pain at all today, I think my strain in my neck/shoulders had more to do with carrying my stress in my shoulders! We WERE standing on the side of the road for 2 hours craning our necks staring at the cop car waiting and waiting to hear ANYTHING.

Submitted my insurance claim online yesterday, was told they would call me today before noon. No calls, No e-mails, No voicemail! Is it possible that since it's USAA that they took an extremely long weekend due to "Patriot's Day" (September 11th?) Because I don't see why they didn't contact me! I'm going to call tomorrow for sure, but I didn't stop moving from 8 AM until now (past midnight!) and I was EXPECTING them to call me since that's what the website said they'd do! Frustrating!

So I had to shower and do some laundry and clean up the spare bedroom (my wedding explosion!) because at 9:30 we picked up my MOH from the airport. Afterwards, we met my Mom and beau at BW and walked over to the Dolphin to rent a car, finally! I got a red Chevy Sonic... A strange little hatch back that looks like a coupe, but actually has 4 doors. It drives NOTHING like I'm used to, so I'm not terribly fond of it! Afterwards, my mom wanted me to maingate Bob & Kelly into the parks since we all had dinner reservations at La Hacienda. She didn't mention until AFTER we'd spent all day in the park that she didn't expect us to play in the park all day... *sighs* there's SO much wedding stuff we could've gotten done! But, the park attendance is low (Thank you, September!) and the lines were short so it was incredibly pleasant in the parks today (after the cloud cover hit and hid the hot hot sun!) and dinner was amazing... but we didn't get back home until around 9 PM, and Kelly and I worked on assembling the favor bags until about 11:50. Ouch.

Tomorrow is our massage, mani/pedi day, and I'm scheduled to "bump the blonde" in the evening right before going to Jelly Rolls for my "bachelorette" party at Jelly Rolls. I love Jelly Rolls, but I really really don't want to get wild and crazy, to drink a lot, or have a hangover the next day, since Wednesday is my LAST day to get ready and pack everything! I tell you what, it's going to be difficult to "relax" tomorrow knowing all of the million little things I need to get done in the next two days! I tell you what, I'm excited for the cruise and the wedding and seeing everybody... but I think I'm also just as excited for the madness to be over and to veg out and enjoy doing NOTHING. Seriously. lol

Finally got an e-mail from my photographer. Still don't know if she's going to join us on the bus or drive to port canaveral herself, but she did say that she'd be interested in taking photos on Castaway Cay in the morning, around 8:30 or 9 so we have some good morning light. I have no ideas where to take photos on CC, but It'll be nice to have some beach photos and Dream photos nonetheless! :thumbsup2

Blah. My brain hurts. I'm so tired and rather stressed. We were going to go to breakfast at Kona, but I think we're going to skip that for something simple like croissants at the Boardwalk Bakery and grab a little more sleep. My poor MOH got 3 hours of sleep and was up and about for about 20-21 hours straight! Knowing my mom, though, she'll send me a zillion texts before I even wake up! :rotfl: So much for restful sleep, something always wakes me up and then my brain starts running laps!

Alrighty, bedtime for the sleepy bride. I'm so ready to pass the torch on to the next DCL bride getting married :rotfl2:

USAA is usually pretty good. I am kinda surprised. They might have been closed. :confused3

We have them and they have taken good care of us. I would call them tomorrow.

Hi Jillian-

I'm surprised you didn't hear from USAA. That's unlike them. My mom was in a car accident back in April. I had gotten email confirmation regarding the claim she filed with them and everything. I would definitely call. We have USAA as well.

You're almost there.....do you see that light at the end of the tunnel? I found out from Meredith that there is one more bride onboard my sailing, but she's getting marrried at Castaway. I had asked because I really want the 4pm time slot for the Outlook.

Laura was my onboard coordinator for my wedding! She was great!

I see you're off very soon! Have a great trip and don't worry, all the planning madness will be over soon!

pixiedust: for a smooth wedding and honeymoon! I can't wait to hear all about it!

:bride:

Hello, all!

My "Bachelorette" Day was pretty good yesterday. We went to a small spa in Old Town and had swedish massages that were very good quality for the low cost! Then we had a paraffin wax dip for our hands while we had an aromatherapy hot neck/shoulder wrap. Afterwards we went across 192 to a nail place to get manis/pedis- I got an acrylic set with a french polish. What sucks about this is that I'm not allowed to have nail polish or artificial nails at work due to food and beverage laws, so as soon as I get back, I have to soak these nails off and have horrible nails for many weeks :sad2:

Well, while at the nail spa on tuesday, I FINALLY heard back from somebody from the insurance company! (The accident was sunday afternoon!) So I'm sitting in the nail spa talking to the insurance guy for a good 30 mintues, recording a statement and whatnot. When my dad signed this car over to me, he already had it insured under USAA and I didn't know what kind of coverage he'd signed me up for. Apparently, it was the minimum for the state of florida- bodily injury liability, property damage liability (max $10,000 each) and uninsured motorists. Now, since the OTHER vehicle was at fault, their insurance company is responsible for covering the damage (and injuries, if there were any) for my car. BUT since my USAA didn't include collision, they advised me "GET THE CAR OUT OF THE WRECKER NOW!!!" So we had to leave the nail spa in kissimmee and drive to the opposite side of orlando to sign the release papers, meanwhile my MOH was in the back seat calling collision centers figuring out which one would be best for us. I've been on the phone constantly between USAA, Traveler's (their brand), and the Collision center trying to get everything worked out... Except... Now I'm going out of the country for the weekend, and I have a feeling everything may get halted until I get back! :headache: That also means that after my nice wedding cruise, I have another huge headache to deal with being carless and getting my car taken care of! I have a feeling they may total my car because there may be slight frame damage, and my car has about 214,000 miles on it. Yuck. But we'll see what that verdict is later... Not much I can do about it now!

We make it back to Disney property in time to have my stylist "Bump the blonde" in my hair- an all over treatment left on for only about 7 minutes to make a subtle but GREAT difference! After that we had to eat, get ready, and go to Jelly Rolls!!! Now, my "Bachelorette" party was nothing typical. Very few of my friends who SAID they would show up DID. For a long time, it was just Me, my MOH, my DM and her Beau! Later two work friends showed up, and Michael came after work to be our DD- then my brother and sister in law arrived from the DME and we started to have a good time! The pianists loved teasing us about inviting my mom to my bachelorette party, and even moreso about inviting my fiance! They put Michael up onto one piano and me on the other and had the guys sing to me and the girls sing to him- "You've lost that loving feeling" :rotfl2: It was funny! We had glow bracelets for everybody and Michael fashioned himself some glow-handcuffs as the groom-to-be! Some guys at another table left him a note "Michael, We can save you- Don't do it!" Overall it was a good time. I enjoyed being able to let go of all of this stress at least for a couple hours! Now, we closed the place down, so we didn't get home until almost 2:45 and didn't fall asleep until even later. I slept horribly and set myself up badly for a BUSY day today!

Today I had to drive to Boardwalk then maingate my brother and sister-in-law into the Parks while my mom got another day on the rental car. Then we all drove over to Old Key West to check in, had lunch at Olivias, then my MOH and I went back to my DISASTER of a house to try and get me packed! It took most of the day... By around 6, I had a message from one of my friends that she'd checked into the hotel, gone into the grand villa and NOBODY was there! So I had to drop my MOH and luggage off with her mom, then rescue my friend- we got some dinner and got to catch up a bit before a whole heap of my family came back to the villa! Michael dropped by after work (Toga is right next to OKW) and he went home to do dishes and throw away the garbage and take care of the bunny while I drove to Publix to buy cinnamon rolls and bagels and coffee cakes for my party to eat tomorrow before the ESCOT bus picks them up. Now, Kelly and I had packed all of our favor bags into one LARGE suitcase, and my mom was just CONVINCED that we couldn't bring that as a carry-on onto the ship... But last cruise we saw families who brought ALL of their luggage aboard with them! But she insisted we break them up into smaller bags (it makes me nervous moving them around so much! I spent a year of blood sweat and tears on those bags!) and we even had to move all of our carefully made floral into a paper bag... I'm a bit nervous, but my DM insists that she will make sure it all makes it to the boat safely... So after that third trip to OKW, we finally got home for the night so Michael could pack... and pretty much re-packed EVERYTHING we'd already packed earlier! No fun... So between us, we have 1 bag to check into DCL, a shoulder-bag carry-on and a rolling carry-on, and he'll be carrying his tux, and I'll have my dress (My huge crinoline skirt fits into the suitcase! Yesss!) so that's all we have! It's amazing that we got that finished, it was INCREDIBLY stressful and I feel like I'm going gray (or at least breaking out with stress pimples!) We also have the bag of floral (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and one pomander) and I think 3 bags with our favor bags... I liked them better all in one place, but... TOO LATE NOW!!

Michael's finishing up his shower, and we NEED to go to bed! As if I'll sleep restfully! :lmao: but everything is packed at standing by the door, everybody is set up at OKW to board the bus (and the manager was very helpful in getting this organized!) starting at 8:15 AM and leaving at 9 AM! It'll be my mom's job to coordinate all of those guests and answer their questions! :littleangel: So tomorrow, we have to get up, finalize our bags (add toothbrushes, etc), drive to the Dolphin to drop off my rental car, then drive to OKW to drop off some modified paperwork for my party, fax a guest list to Mickey's Retreat for our "family reunion" on Sunday after we return... Then we can drive to the port! I'm hoping that most of that stress will be gone once we get on the boat! I'm just going to drink some bubbly and have people make me pretty!!!

:scared1: Ahh!! Anyways, this is my LAST post before the event, ladies!! I'm going to be POOPED when I get back (I'm beyond POOPED now!) but I'll try to relay some info and maybe some pictures as soon as I can. Goodbye all! See ya real soon!

Have fun and Enjoy.

Try to get some rest.

Have fun and Enjoy.;)

Look forward to hear how it all went after you get some rest. I hope you have an awsome time!!!

It's going to be wonderful! Have an amazing time and don't worry about all the car stuff until you're home, everything will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter